Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. event

event Regular Member

sounds like hanilam is speaking more general terms about Lee's first round losses. Homeland first round MD loss with a new partner describes the Suwon BAC pretty well. It was Lee's 4th tournament with Shin Baek Cheol.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yup..

..that's right and that'll be abt 1 month away, enough time to rest & recover. After that, it'll be a string of European tourneys and BAC slipped in between before the party in KL. Yippeeee!!

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u sure u are in the stadium?
    they smash for each and every point
    especially the 2nd set
    with most of the rally is one minute or even 2 minutes long as ong/hoon return all the smashes back
    anyway
    the japanese pair is more clever to play more placement and cross court smash yesterday
    park joo bong is brilliant:D
    i am sad too that i cant see lyd in action:crying:

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yes, I'm the stadium;) they smash for each and every point only in the 3rd set, deciding set:cool: in the 2nd set, the mas pair keep giving the shuttle high up and play as they are in training mood. Lee Yong dae and JJS also play high ball with them. Not so much smash..

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    i think also no point to argue:p
    because i only watch once:p
    cannot replay:crying:

i am waiting cooler to explain on the new level of md he saw in korea:crying:

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    In this case I would agree with limsy and not you, George. Smashes were raining down like heavy rain in each game, there were also tight net exchanges with improbable returns from both sides.

Although I did notice that LYD bent his elbow a bit differently from normal when playing flat fast drives, and thus he made quite a bit of errors when suddenly forced to do a crouch return. Maybe due to the pain, we don't know.

7. george@chongwei

Hope he get a good rest after this though.

And bounce back in the ALL ENGLAND:cool:

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    most of the smash hit the net after they become inpatient and try to smash with a even tight angle
    they was so upset and frustrated in those rally as they cannot find the solution for this
    i beat lee/jung will come back with a even greater skill and tactic as they will remember this match for a long long time;)

9. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Might be Serious

Translated from SBS News, (which is one of major TV broadcasts in Korea)
    Jan. 22 (The reporter said he had a phone call with LYD in MAS.)

[Note from narnia: this news article was written in very critical tone on the KBA, focusing on the reporter's theme of "forced injury". I personally agree to it but I think there is some bias. Readers' attention is needed.]

In this time, it looks more serious. As to the diagnosis by the team doctor, a small piece of bone was found in his right elbow, that's making LYD very depressed.
    Last year, LYD has participated in 22 tournaments in total; 18 senior international tournaments and 4 national tournaments - it's about 2 tournaments per month traveling in and out of the country. There are many evidences that the Association forced him to play as seeking the immediate outcomes ahead. Each time it happened he has been knocked out in the early rounds. It was the last World Championship in India that the red signal came on at his elbow. Enduring the pains, he kept playing even to the rubber set at the final, finished with Silver.

After that, still with the symptom, he was again participating in the Taipei Grand Prix, and he suffered the disgrace to be eliminated at the 1st round. He continued to get the rehabilitation treatment until playing in the National Sports Festival in Korea; actually he could not take enough time to be cured completely. In December, he went to the HK Super Series and in this time, he was eliminated in the 2nd round. And on Jan. 13th this year, he failed at the 1st round of XD and again in MAS the thing happened as we know.

Since Beijing Olympics, all the KBA marketing has been focusing on LYD. In fact, playing in the Korea Open was even hard one for him. It is known that LYD had to play at the time as he was receiving acupuncture treatment due to the pains. And in the MAS SS he came to get such a big injury. As he return to Korea with his team on 25th he will immediately receive thorough examination. He said that even though it would take longer he liked to grab his racket again after being fully cured. For the time being, we may not see the "Wink Prince" we hope it goes like what he said. And we hope that, in badminton with much more international tournaments than other sports, no more another LYD, who should go to play even with injuries, will be made in the future.

#2809 narnia, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Lee Yong Dae was injured during their match against HTH/OSH. That why he didnt do alot of smashes.

11. ceanne

ceanne Regular Member

student
    this news makes me really feel bad. it's so saddening. hope he'll have full recovery. guys, keep on posting updates in regard to his situation.

12. george@chongwei

That's why from what i saw that day, it's not the usual LYD in action:confused:

poor kid. Rest well please.. give him some break, KBA..

back for more and gun for GLORY, yong dae!:cool:

13. lamlam50254

lamlam50254 Regular Member

o ...
    it's really a heartbreaking news .....
    =( my dear yongdae
    yongdae should take good rest
    god bless him ! ...
    the coming tournament after malaysia open should be all eng which will be held in the mid-march
    that means he will have at least 2 months for recovery .....

yongdae ! hope you will be okay very very soon !!!

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oh boy..

..sorry to hear abt his injury, hope he recovers quickly. So, it looks a bit serious. I'd assume he'll "force" himself to compete in the Thomas Cup qualifying round??..

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    once again i want to mention
    lyd injury doesnt explain why jjs smash is as weak as the injured lyd
    u can look it another way,yes,ong/hoon defence is tight like jjs/lyd is hitting against the wall at 2nd set
    so,is depend on u,to think that korea have a weaker smash or malaysia have tight defence
    for me,it is the smash is weaker:)
    kba weird pairing of jjs/lkw in korea open back fired in mo
    lucky that they still beat cai/fu in the final of korea:)
    i cant understand why the ageing jjs/lkw need to play mixed double in korea?:confused:

anyway
    lyd will come back even stronger
    thats the reason the he is my fave:D

16. datuklow

datuklow Regular Member

Student
    Agree with limsy :) , he'll definitely come back stronger, just wait and see

17. hanilam

hanilam Regular Member

cc
    I was very-very disappointed when found out that LYD & partner was w/o due to his injury. Poor! boy I was really expecting to see him in action after Korean Open last week. I hope he can treated well and give him enough rest before he join the tournement again. Please KBA give him a good rest, he is one of your country precious gold.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    kba need lyd more than bam need lcw
    hope he get a good rest
    is ok not to play in the tuc qualify round as korea is good enough to qualify i think:)

19. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Any Lee Yong dae fans know what racket is Lee Yong dae using now, B.S 9 or B.s 10 ?

20. hanilam

hanilam Regular Member

cc
    i am sure Datuk LCW is also much-much needed by your country. there is no other Datuk LCW after him. you know what I loved on him? his sporting spirit especially after beaten his opp. I noticed he always hugged and says something to them. I am sure that is encouragement! I loved sporting spirit from some players of China, Korea, Malaysia, Denmark. LYD his respect! I noticed he always hold his other hand to support his receiving prizes. this is very much appericiated in my culture. he is so young! this is to show to us the guidence given by his parents.I wish I have the opportunity to met any players especially LYD! my favourite player.