Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

how great is this explanation!!!

2. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

anyone knows how much BAM paid the lawyers for defending LCW's case? it is reported to be 3 million Ringgit.

3. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

poor Zhou Mi, she and her national association were too poor to have 3 million Ringgit in hiring such good lawyers, so had to wrap up her career without even giving a decent defense...

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

BAM should instruct Zulfadli and CWF to play each other for the spot.

Excuses...excuses... is this the Bumiputra policy at play. It is not fair. Malaysian born chinese gets the axe in the end.

5. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Will ZZ cross first round?

#11705 Lokesh, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

That's the official explaination.
    But between Zul & CWF, we, the Msians, know why they will choose Zul over CWF.
    Iskandar already isnt in the list, so they need someone to fulfill the bumi quota. Used to be Hafiz, Fuzzy pair, Arif, Iskandar.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I wonder how much say Morten Frost has on that one. :)

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Well, BAM can say they're just following directive of MF emphasizing younger players and ZZ is younger...;)

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Yep bumiputra. it is like the quota to accept certain number of hispanic / african american sudent here to university in leau of more qualified candidate.

10. bmiph

bmiph Regular Member

Engineer
    Here, a bottle of 120 tabs (FOC 30 tabs) of Timo Cordyceps is retailing at RM398 per bottle. That works out to about RM2.65 per tab. One Dexa pill with 0.5 mg strength is selling for about ~RM0.20.

We live in a very interesting country. You should really read up on the many issues about this country, visit us, and you will understand how interesting is this country.

11. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

That's choosing the most expensive cordyceps and least expensive dexamethasone. Regardless, I see your point, it really wouldn't cost much to put dexamethasone in. I still don't really see a reason why though.
    People who choose alternative medicines do so to avoid western medicine, what is the point to add it back in? dexamethasone is exactly what the consumers do not want.

Never been to Malaysia. I do have many friends who I study with from Malaysia, and not a single one wants to go back there after university. I guess that speaks volumes about what they think of the country. I do want to visit and one day see the badminton scene in Malaysia.

12. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I really want to know CWF's stance on this too. Obviously he no longer has any actual say. But I wonder if he's angry enough to quit BAM like the Men's doubles players. CWF got a even bigger reason, but at the same time, I don't really see him with any further potential in the long run for any sponsors to pick him up as a olympic hopeful.

13. eaglehelang

It's all in the report. The wive of the VVIP bought the cordyceps, had it pounded at the medicine shop, put into capsule and bottle, send to LCW. 7 years LCW been taking it no problem, this time got problem.

Before this, if I interpret the report correctly, LCW's mother had it done the same way, since his junior days. The mother buy cordyceps, had it pounded into powder at the shop, send to LCW in KL. It looks like a root, you chinese medicine shop and ask to see it or google for the pic.
    Later, LCW used the commercial ones, with brand and all, those were tested by NSI

As for price : http://www.euyansang.com.my/Products/frmProductDetails.aspx?intInvID=1461
    http://www.euyansang.com.my/Products/frmProductDetails.aspx?intInvID=1191

It's rather common for chinese, buy the stuff, pound it, then add water, drink.
    The problem could be from the grinder/pounder not thoroughly cleaned before pounding the cordyceps. China herbs these days is not as pure, even those bought raw and boiled as soup.

LCW's negligence is that he himself didnt insist on testing, just trusted what the Nutrionist said.
    LCW himself also blur2, dont realise these days everything, even herbs, have chemicals.

BAM and other NSI personnel also didnt highlight the fact the cordyceps should have been tested. They know LCW is taking all these years, nobody think of asking LCW to test every bottle before consuming. Impossible that nobody, from the coaches to staff, saw LCW taking those pills, along with his multivitamins. THey just didnt think of checking.

#11713 eaglehelang, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  14. eaglehelang

Spoken like true Msian :D

I recall that was the reason given for selection of FUzzy pair over CTF/LWW for a certain TC.;)
    Then when they selected Hafiz, BAM gave reason as they wanted someoone with experience. At that time, Daren and CWF were in the young category.

15. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

So the reality about actual medicines and alternative medicines comes down to mark up. Alternative medicines is where companies earn big money. Mark up on these things frequently exceeds 100%. e.g. $3.50 to get in, $20.00 to sell out. And I'm not making this up, I work for Shopper's Drug Mart, a chain of national pharmacies in Canada (kind of like Walgreens of USA, Boot's of UK, Watson's of HK, you get the point).
    Obviously i'm looking at this from the shop owner's perspective of why spend more on Cordyceps when they already make me a boat load of money. The selling price of this stuff is fairly irrelevant. The point stands that there really is no incentive to put more money into something that makes a ludicrous profit.

Chinese shops and western pharmacies don't always mix, and in the pharmaceutical industry, making your own capsules is known as "compounding" or "extemporaneous preparations" (load of jargon, really doesn't matter). I'm not saying contamination can't occur, and as you Malaysians suggest, with poor working standards it can quite easily occur.
    I'm discussing the likelihood of contamination vs mistaking dexamethasone. Like I've said many times before, mistaking it is exponentially more plausible than contamination. Dexamethasone has no place in a chinese herbal shop in compounding, regardless of working conditions. Dexamethasone was obviously used in the first place for Lee Chong Wei recovering, and if someone said a nurse mistakenly fed LCW Dexamethasone, I'd buy it. Other than the doctors or pharmacists taking care of LCW, most of the staff really don't know what dexamethasone is other than "the drug that takes down inflammation and good for recovery".

16. bmiph

bmiph Regular Member

Engineer
    It's really easy. Let's say there's a patient with chronic cough. Then he/she spend big money to buy cordyceps because it's believe to be good for the cough, so advise by some aunty/uncle. The herbalist would have walk over to the pharmacist, buys the steroid, grind it and mix into the cordyceps. Now the patient thought that his cough improved because of cordyceps without knowing that it's because of the steroid. The patient simply buys more cordyceps. It's win win situation, or so. The unscrupulous herbalist earn more money, but abuse the substance at the patient's risk. Hey, but there's no urine testing....so no worries......

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, exactly.

An unscrupulous herbalist could've added dexamethasone in some other herbal preparation, because he knows that it works as an anti-inflammatory for chronic allergic cough, chronic skin allergies etc.

Client buys it not knowing what's in it, gets better because of it, and obviously thinks that this herbalist is better than another who doesn't add dexamethasone. Then the herbalist gets more referrals, more clients are cured. Win-win, right? Except the clients don't know the truth...

Then possibly the herbalist is lazy with their cleaning methods and cross contamination occurs when they prepare other herbal stuff...like cordyceps for a certain someone...

#11717 visor, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  18. bmiph

bmiph Regular Member

Engineer
    Perhaps they only clean the utensils/apparatus once a year, before Chinese New Year :)

19. renbo

renbo Regular Member

My small experience with traditional herbalist is that you don't know what you get, because you state your problem and they do their own mixture of plants, without telling you what's in it. To put some medecine like dexa in a blend with 5 or 6 other products would not be considered a fraud by many herbalists. It would be a "recipee" more or less efficient.

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    so..

i wonder if LCW will continue taking this cordyceps herb from now on. and if he does, will he get it from this "vip's wife".