Phiten Products

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by ChrisDeOcampo, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    The normal model necklace cost SGS$39.90 Follow by $55 X30 is SGD$62.00 lots of colours n designs x45 i think left 1 or 2 pieces price at:SGD$72.00 if u need to know more details pls feel free to pm me:) cheers!!!

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Thriving Shamans

It's alright to try something but believing in panaceas is quite far-out :cool:
    If these adornments could solve physical problems, then everyone would be walking around encased in titanium :D

Before you buy or use anything, it pays to think rationally.
    After all, it's money... and, more importantly, it's your money.

Further reading - here ;)

3. syd04

syd04 Regular Member

aaiiii........(sigh).
    For ppl who haven't try it or don't intend to try it, they must think we, users of phiten, are a bunch of nutcases.

But it works for us and we like to share our positive experiences with our fellow forumers. We are not asking anyone to buy or preaching that it's a cure-all thingy. We still get muscle soreness or sprained ankles or flu... etc.

No one is forcing anyone to believe or buy. Ppl, who are dead-set against using such things, shouldn't come into such threads and belittle others.

I came across this beautiful quote recently:

"Make your words sweet and soft. You never know when you may have to eat them" - anonymous.

#163 syd04, Mar 20, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hiyaaa, 'uncle' Oldhand, you're supposed to be the neutral mod mah, even if you're partial about a subject, cannot show too obvious, imagine if a normal BC member posted this, might have started some flames.

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Well, it's a free world so long as I break no taboos or rules :)

Just as he is entitled to believe it's a panacea, I'm entitled to believe it's unadulterated hogwash ;)

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Don't You Have A Questioning Mind?

Out of concern for those who might be looking for real-world information, I'm inclined to take this a bit further.

First, take a look at the image.
    It says 'Ruthenium Coating' :eek:

Ruthenium compounds are highly toxic.
    They are carcinogenic too.
    Also, they stain the skin very strongly.
    Now imagine wearing it on bare skin! :(

None of this is secret information.
    Take a look at this page (read the section titled 'Health Effects')...
    ...or at this page (read the section titled 'Precautions')...
    ...or at this page (read the section titled 'Hazards & Risks')...
    ...or simply run your own checks at the OSTI website (the US Government's Office of Scientific & Technical Information).

I doubt if any of what you find is going to be encouraging ;)

The only benefit ruthenium provides is a huge increase in the corrosion resistance properties of titanium (this means your necklace or whatever will continue to look good, while your skin might not).

As for titanium, it's difficult to find a more inert or lifeless or passive metal.
    At normal temperatures (like when it's around your neck or arm), it does nothing... and is most certainly incapable of producing any kind of effect on either your cells or tissues.

That is in fact a good thing too.
    If titanium weren't bio-incompatible, doctors wouldn't be able to use it to make joint replacement implants.
    To put it simply, even if you were to eat titanium, you wouldn't experience any positive or healing effect for at least the next 20 years.
    (Of course, you'd immediately have stomach pains :p)

For titanium to begin doing anything at all, it must be heated to several hundred degrees. Then, it reacts with other elements. But that spells d-a-n-g-e-r. For instance, when it reacts with chlorine, it forms titanium chloride - which is highly corrosive.

(For a detailed understanding, read the sections titled 'Medical' and 'Precautions' on this page)

It's absolutely fine if one sees these wearables as just ornaments or, to assign more class to them, as fashionable jewellery. However, to ascribe immediate, astonishing and all-around healing powers to what is esentially titanium bling is stretching it a bit too far.

A suspension of belief is alright.
    Not an immersion in belief :)

PS: For all the hyper-advanced research and technology this thing purportedly packs, they couldn't even spell 'Serial' correctly :D

Attached Files:

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

huh!!.
    a very long posts, oldhand!!!:eek::eek::p

8. milkyshake

milkyshake Regular Member

student
    c'mon ppl.. we all know this is an effective product regardless of what the advocates or objectors say right? i've got one of it and it's really effective.. especially as time goes by, the more effective it gets! it was then i realised that the effect that im experiencing is known as PLACEBO EFFECT..

9. techd

techd Regular Member

i know what a placebo effect is and i know someone who didnt know what phiten was and tried it and he was told to bend over and reach his toe. normally he couldnt do this but even without knowing the benefits of phiten, he was able to do the said task.

why is oldhand such a hater of phiten????

10. twatwork

twatwork New Member

What's your experience

Hi,

I bought some Phiten's products at http://www.eigusa.com/phitentitanium.htm. I like the bracelet and the discs it helps to keep my hand/wrist "warm?" and flexible. Anyone has experience with their necklace or x30 shirt? Just checking before spending!;)

11. fifteen luv

fifteen luv Regular Member

Just bought the Rakuwa sport necklace, wow it really worth every penny spent.
    Can really feel the effect when playing while wearing it. Have been wearing it everyday, at work, at rest and at play. Have recomend to some of my team mates.

12. vintageclassic

vintageclassic New Member

agent
    hi chris, phiten products (quite a bit of braclets) are sold in phils at olympic village alabang town center.

13. vintageclassic

vintageclassic New Member

agent
    phiten braclets are available at olympic village at alabang town center.

14. techd

techd Regular Member

how do i wash my rakuwa x30?

15. dnacid

dnacid Regular Member

Student
    I think he was trying to let people know that buying this product probably won't effect your health in any way. Given the information we know about the materials that makes up this product, it is quite safe to say that it don't do anything useful, if not harm. You can take this information to a doctor and he will probably tell you the same advice, keep your money and not spend it on this.

People are free to do whatever they want as long as they don't harm others in the process. I think Oldhand is just trying to give people the best information from his point of view so they can decide how they can make the most informed choice.

16. Makunouchi

Makunouchi Regular Member

Badminton Addict
    I too have the x30. You dont need to wash it since it is made of rubber. But if you still insist, just wash it with water.

17. squallyeo

squallyeo Regular Member

hi, guys. jus wana ask would tis necklaces help my body remain fresh even if i dun hv injuries or aches after exercising? thinking of buying it but i won't if it cant help my body remain fresh in daily activities

18. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

On the mental level, yes it does help you. Whether it works physically depends on people.

19. ngu87

ngu87 Regular Member

Student
    what is the difference between X3 necklaces and the sport necklaces? Which is better?

20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

For some people like Koo Kien Keat, it doesn't seem to be working at all.

At the physical level, he cut himself on glass and was out of action for several weeks.
    At the mental level, he is getting intimidated and outdone by even ad-hoc doubles pairs.

Maybe he should wear these trinkets on every part of the body ;)

PS: If you have money to spare, buy fresh fruits, wash and eat them.
    That will help you a lot more than all this marketing hocus-pocus :)