On a plain losing streak

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by malaysianfreak, Jul 8, 2011.

1. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    Hi all since about ... 2 weeks ago i been on a very very bad losing streak the scores are ..

1st week well i lost all the rallies =(
    19-21 lost
    16-21 lost
    8-21 lost
    12-21 lost

today a bit better
    23-21 lost
    22-20 lost
    21-19 lost
    10-8 won
    11-5 won

as you can see i wan 2 out of 9 rounds which is a bad thing ...the worst part is it's very very demoralizing .. i use to own in doubles but now i suck! i analyzed my game and i realized that i can keep the pressure in the early stages ( i am usuallly ahead ) but during the mide game (11 ++) my performance start to falter ...in a situation i n my friend was leading 21-6 but in a blink of an eye it went to 12-16...well to sum it all up i think i fail at consistency and intensity after the first few rallies and my mentallity is rather weak , my smashes and drops always I MEAN ALWAYS hit the tapers of the net!! it happened at leat 5 times to day !! GARRRH!! :mad:...so what should i do ? :confused: oh and just wandering if you're in this situation where everything is not going your way .what would you do?

2. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

1. Take a few days break from the game. Heh
    2. Calm yourself down and instead of smashing/dropping, make your opponents create unforced errors. - Stamina game though. :D
    3. Up your usual timing/ distance of smashing/dropping by a sec/or mili sec faster. :p

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    You're letting your wrist drop. You're easing up on the wrist position. Keep conscious awareness on forearm pronation/supination, and cut out any wrist work. I think that will help. Also be aware you're making the effort to get properly behind the shuttle at all times.

Hope this helps... :)

4. malaysianfreak

student
    [video=facebook;247212295304755]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=247212295304755&notif_t=video_processe d[/video] OMG!! I FINALLY UPLOADED A VIDEO!! PLEASE COMMENT!

5. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    There is a possibility that they started to improve and understand your play styles. Therefore being able to use a better strategy. If you guys are using the same strategy over and over again then it may get countered. Perhaps you guys should try to make a few other strategies when you play so that your play style is disguised.Your video is blocked to me just to let you know.

6. malaysianfreak

student
    my strategy is just drop drop drop clear clear clear(the pros does that so i just follow )for singles ...it used to work until my drops started to hit the tapers ( my sense of net went off ) i do smash and it too hit the tapers (again i cant sense the position of the net lately) ....and by cutting off the wrist work is it by stiffing up the wrist and use the elbow and forearm to the MAXXX right?

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Just take a break from the game for a couple of days.:) you can be mentally fatigued as well as physically tired.

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    build up your strength power and wrist power. need to train them everyday. more shadow run. ;) Jogging, sit up, wrist curl. shadow run. ;)

9. amleto

amleto Regular Member

this video is not visible due to privacy settings