Results 69 to 85 of 115
07-17-2011, 01:02 PM #69
and last but not least.... the BC video and photo team that brought you all these wonderful video & photos this whole week. thanks guys for your dedication and hardwork!!!!!
07-17-2011, 01:37 PM #70
Great work BC photo team - awesome work!
07-17-2011, 06:26 PM #71
I only shot the first couple of days..the rest of the pics onward were shot by the other guys in the pic (post #69)..So, there will be more photos coming from one of the D200 (mostly from partial Day 1 and Day 2 and Day 3)!!...
Lighting is not the best but this is the best we've got.
For ISO, definitely 3200 is the minimum, even with lenses below 2.0..
*Btw, i also like kwun's wide angle shots of Sayaka Sato; one of which looks like she's about to kick the lens..
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-17-2011 at 06:40 PM.
07-17-2011, 06:31 PM #72
Day 5 (Semifinals) pics - continue..
Day 5 Misc. pics..
Crowd at start of the Semifinals..
The scene just before start of the last match of the day, WD match between JPN vs. KOR
Someone brought in a clapper..
Marc Zwiebler's taped up right leg..
Mobile tv crew..
Tony getting a message on his right hand, arm, shoulder..
Okay, more JPN players for all the BC's JPN players supporters..(yes, these are special request for suetyan)..
JPN team meeting after end of the WD match..
Those 4 were watching the WD match between JPN vs. KOR in the Semifinals Rd. (check out Eriko's glare while N. Hirata looking stoic)
That's BC's kakinami, the leader of the "Nippon!" chants..
That's the KOR supporters side..
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-17-2011 at 06:37 PM.
07-17-2011, 06:38 PM #73
07-17-2011, 06:46 PM #74
07-17-2011, 06:59 PM #75
Thank you all..
1. OCBC and the U.S. Open organizer for allowing badmintoncentral.com, once again, to be a part of the documentation crew for this event..
2. The hardworking Kenric (video recording, in checker's shirt), Daylightkiller (photos, standing center) and Bubbles (photos, standing far right)..those guys are the ones deserving of the THANK YOU!..
and last, this is for kwun..I hope you had an enjoyable time the last few days!:
07-17-2011, 08:58 PM #76
07-17-2011, 10:26 PM #77
07-17-2011, 10:28 PM #78
the pics that ctjcad posted were taken by daylightkiller and Bubbles. and they are EXCELLENT!!!! BC have an absolutely top notch photo team!!!
07-17-2011, 11:00 PM #79
07-17-2011, 11:51 PM #80
I will try to get the pics of the D200 up as soon as I can, it was a long long week hahha
07-18-2011, 12:22 AM #81
A few more off court pictures
07-18-2011, 12:25 AM #82
Ctjcad, Bubbles, Daylightkiller, and Kwun what setting did you guys use for these pics. They look great, but some look a little washed out. Can you guys list your equipment you used? It looks like everyone got a go at the 200 f/1.8 and 85 f/1.2. I hope you all had fun. This looked like it was a great event to attend.
07-18-2011, 12:57 AM #83
the differences in color and saturation mostly due to the different processing flow. i have found that the pics i get from my nikon and canon have the same "look". the only common part between them is how i process them.
having said that, typical setting for me was ISO3200, 1/500, f/1.8.
07-18-2011, 02:16 AM #84
- Average ISO is 3200. Although there are a few pics with ISO 1600. Different parts of the hall have different lighting brightness (e.g. on the stands, the higher one goes, the less lights available; and even then, some parts of the stands have a bit brighter lighting than in other parts; same as on the floor, depends on where you are as some parts of the hall have a bit beter lighting than other parts). I believe kwun also pumped up the ISO to 6400 (using his camera of course) in a couple instances. So, it all depends.
- Shutter speeds range from 1/500 up to 1/2000 or 1/2500..
- The washout look, as mentioned by kwun, it comes down to the post-processing..
- Equipments used, please see a few posts above and on the 2nd page.
- Besides the 200/1.8 and 85/1.2 for the Canon, we haven't seen the pics taken with the D200 which also used the 85mm/1.4 and 200mm/2.0
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-18-2011 at 02:26 AM.
07-19-2011, 04:34 AM #85
By Sealman in forum Australian Open / India Open / Malaysia GP Gold 2011Replies: 6: 06-17-2011, 02:17 PM
By ctjcad in forum World Junior Championships 2010Replies: 74: 12-02-2010, 05:08 AM
By ctjcad in forum Malaysia GP / US Open / Australia Open / Canadian Open 2010Replies: 108: 07-26-2010, 10:33 PM
By ctjcad in forum World Junior Championships 2010Replies: 40: 05-20-2010, 07:49 AM
By ctjcad in forum US Open 2009Replies: 96: 04-07-2010, 12:10 AM