User Tag List

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe tai can win at her homeground
    despite have zero title till date,tai had already record her name into badminton history as the youngest advance to super series final(15 years old).singapore open last yer
    and with a beautiful victory list under her belt,zhu lin(former world champion)lu lan(former world champion,twice),wang xin(queen of battle against foreign player,world championship silver medalist)
    while ratchanok only about to beat lu lan once,li xue rui and liu xin
    hehe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will pray with you as well, limsy, so Tai TY can pull another great effort and possibly meet her potential nemesis in the upcoming WJC...hey, who knows, we could see a preview of the WJC WS title should both Tai TY and RI advance and meet in the U.S. Open WS Final..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..it's okay..All i know is, Tai TY is still seeking to win her very first GP/GP Gold/SS tourney title on top of still seeking to win her first WJC WS title (this is gonna be her last chance, i believe)...OTOH, RI has already secured a couple of GP/GP Gold titles in her pockets along with her back-to-back WJC WS title..
    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i believe tai can win at her homeground
    despite have zero title till date,tai had already record her name into badminton history as the youngest advance to super series final(15 years old).singapore open last yer
    and with a beautiful victory list under her belt,zhu lin(former world champion)lu lan(former world champion,twice),wang xin(queen of battle against foreign player,world championship silver medalist)
    while ratchanok only about to beat lu lan once,li xue rui and liu xin
    hehe
    Yes, Tai Tzu Ying is another strong contender. I didn't forget, just haven't mentioned her

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as there is no china ws near their level around this age,17 and 18
    hopefully they can be dominant in ws in near future
    liu xin,li xue rui,chen xiao jia,suo di,deng xuan all lost to either one of them before

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just hope Tai TY won't be another Cheng SC (her teammate)..has great potential but just couldn't stay as focused..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just hope Tai TY won't be another Cheng SC (her teammate)..has great potential but just couldn't stay as focused..
    cheng was 2005 wc bronze medalist since her 1st year in senior stage,but then she was seriously injured which affected her progress
    she just come back slowly and steadily,and guess what,csc is now world number 8
    Last edited by limsy; 07-15-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..oh, really?..seems like they just started playing recently esp. after i noticed a few mis-communications on court by both of them..
    How long have they been playing in the pro international scene?..or anyone else knows?..
    First video I saw of them together was in a school tournament final 3 years ago

The first big impact abroad was probably the Belgian International in 2009, where they won the WD.

Menís singles:
    Marc Zwiebler (GER) vs Christian Lind Thomsen (DEN): 21-13/16-21/21-15
    Womenís singles:
    Yao Jie (NED) vs Misaki Matsutomo (JPN): 21-14/14-21/21-16
    Menís doubles:
    Ruud Bosch/Koen Ridder (NED) vs Marcus Ellis/Peter Mills (ENG): 30-28/21-12
    Womenís doubles:
    Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi (JPN) vs Emma Mason (SCO)/Samantha Ward (ENG): 21-8/18-21/21-13
    Mixed doubles:
    Heather Olver/Marcus Ellis (ENG) vs Wouter Claes/Nathalie Descamps (BEL): 21-9/25-23

This one, I believe, should be the Osaka International in 2009

Name:  090401_takamatsu.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  25.7 KB

I want to see these happy faces of Takamatsu again, but I guess the Premier Super Series tournaments are a totally different ball game, lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    ..I want to see these happy faces of Takamatsu again, but I guess the Premier Super Series tournaments are a totally different ball game, lol
    ..appreciate the infos..
    Btw, the U.S. Open is not a PSS or SS level yet. It's still a GP/GP Gold level..

Also, i don't think these 2 or even Misaki are ready for 2012 OG. Realistic chance is 2016 OG in Brasil...if they can continue their progress that far..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked to my friend, the one who umpired Marc Zwiebler vs. Datt, it seemed that Marc got a yellow card for taunting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    I talked to my friend, the one who umpired Marc Zwiebler vs. Datt, it seemed that Marc got a yellow card for taunting.
    So vocal expressions won t be allowed either? No wonder the CHN players did not make the semis.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    as there is no china ws near their level around this age,17 and 18
    hopefully they can be dominant in ws in near future

liu xin,li xue rui,chen xiao jia,suo di,deng xuan all lost to either one of them before
    Indeed, we could see TTY & Rat will dominate WS podium as soon as possible...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a little disappointing that Misaki and Ayaka didn't manage to beat this Korean pair once again, though I can't fault them for not trying. Ignoring the first set, the second showed that they can really push the Koreans to the edge. Compared with their previous meeting two and a half months ago, where they lost 21-17 21-14 in the India Open, I feel that this result is an improvement. It's just a pity that they have gone out so early in their last big tournament before the long hiatus.
    I do believe that it's good for Misaki to be prowling near the net, since she tends to rather aggressive there. Also, Ayaka has got substantial power.
    I feel that any drop in form recently is probably only temporary, since they have taken out some rather strong opponents, including the Chinese twins Luo Ying/Luo Yu, who will be the Koreans' next opponents.
    The prospects of them playing in London is however more bleak, since time is running out for them to climb up the rankings, and Mizuki/Reika and Shizuka/Mami are playing like madmen (or madwomen). But these two pairs, being the more senior and hence more experienced, should be expected to be the frontrunners. Well, there is always 2016 in sunny Rio de Janeiro.
    What is more worrisome is the need for them to stay in the national team, and with it, exposure to strong opponents. Given the swarm of talented up and coming youngsters eager to take their place, this may pose a problem.
    It is not unexpected for Park Joo Bong, being a Korean, to be a tough task master. But I'm really glad that he is coaching the pair. And with Zhang Yawen in Unisys to train with them, I believe that they can go far.
    Oh, by the way, Misaki and Ayaka are not a new pairing. They have been together since junior high school. I think
    If I'm not mistaken, they have been together since high school, not junior high school. Misaki completed her study at junior high school in Tokushima-ken while Ayaka spent her junior high school and high school time in St Ursula. Misaki went to St Ursula after completed her study at junior high school. They get a chance to pair with each other after Misaki enrolled into St Ursula. And in 2008, they succeed in their pairing. They won the WD title in the National High School Sports Competition (Badminton) by defeating players from Shitennoji. At that time, Ayaka was a 3rd year high school student whilst Misaki was still a 2nd year student. I think their international pairing started in 2008 as well because I remember I saw Ayaka and Misaki played in Japan Open 2008.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First video I saw of them together was in a school tournament final 3 years ago

The first big impact abroad was probably the Belgian International in 2009, where they won the WD.

Men’s singles:
    Marc Zwiebler (GER) vs Christian Lind Thomsen (DEN): 21-13/16-21/21-15
    Women’s singles:
    Yao Jie (NED) vs Misaki Matsutomo (JPN): 21-14/14-21/21-16
    Men’s doubles:
    Ruud Bosch/Koen Ridder (NED) vs Marcus Ellis/Peter Mills (ENG): 30-28/21-12
    Women’s doubles:
    Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi (JPN) vs Emma Mason (SCO)/Samantha Ward (ENG): 21-8/18-21/21-13
    Mixed doubles:
    Heather Olver/Marcus Ellis (ENG) vs Wouter Claes/Nathalie Descamps (BEL): 21-9/25-23

This one, I believe, should be the Osaka International in 2009

Name:  090401_takamatsu.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  25.7 KB

I want to see these happy faces of Takamatsu again, but I guess the Premier Super Series tournaments are a totally different ball game, lol
    yo~ this is the tournament I was talking about!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sho Sasaki has a big chance to win tomorrow's final!!
    Well done Sayaka Sato to stop Ratchanok!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sayaka Sato really has strong stamina...After she played more than 1 hour against Cheng Shao Chieh yesterday, today she overcome Ratchanok in long duration match too, 21-14 / 13-21 / 21-15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sho Sasaki has improved so much! I think that only top 5 can beat him now! He'll in top 10 soon.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tai Tzu Ying books final spot, denies all-JPN-final def. Eriko Hirose 21-10 / 21-19.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast