Results 171 to 187 of 232
07-16-2011, 01:55 AM #171
Marc lost against Tien Minh Nguyen in 3 sets! 22:20 13:21 18:21!
07-16-2011, 02:27 AM #172
Congrats to Bach/Gunawan who advanced to final..............
07-16-2011, 05:08 AM #173
and tai reach final
07-16-2011, 10:35 AM #174
i think the most exciting match last night was the WD semi between KOR and JPN!!! it was the last match of the day after the MD and many people left already. the ones who stayed was rewarded with an nail biting 2nd game where most of the arena was rooting for the JPN to come back. they managed to get as close as 19-20 but eventually lost.
the loudest cheering was from AlanK, KevinY and me. we sat in the JPN team and yelled as loud as we can. even Kanako Yonekura turned around and took a picture of us. the atmosphere was incredible!!!
oh. and an amazing point at around 13-14. i think Ha hits net shot, the birdie net corded and rolled over. Satoko dove in and the shuttle flew up veritcally up 4-5 meters and then went to the other side of the net. at that moment, Ha thought she won the rally and turned around to celebrate, everyone, including the umpire did not see the shuttle went over the other side of the net. luckily the service judge did and told the umpire.
never give up.
07-16-2011, 10:45 AM #175
07-16-2011, 10:54 AM #176
all I can say is wow...
07-16-2011, 11:09 AM #177
07-16-2011, 11:34 AM #178
07-16-2011, 02:24 PM #179
I don't recall when she suffered a "serious" injury (i believe her knee) but as far as i know, based on the database, she's participated in tourneys every yr since her 2005 WC perfomance. I know in her thread, Hau-ge mentioned that she doesn't train hard..i also don't know whether she's also studying full-time or not from 2005 til now..
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-16-2011 at 02:28 PM.
07-16-2011, 03:14 PM #180
Day 5 (Semifinals) recap..
..all great matches..
1. XD - Hung Ling Chen & Wen Hsing Cheng vs. Shoji Sato & Shizuka Matsuo - Shoji did all he could but Cheng Wen Hsing was the difference.
2. MS - Sho Sasaki vs. Hsuan Yi Hsueh - Sho really controlled the match despite Hsueh HY making a great effort in the 2nd game to force a rubber game. Sho looks really good to win the MS title.
3. WS - Tzu Ying Tai vs. Eriko Hirose - What can i say about Tai TY. It's redemption. A year later after suffering a defeat in last yr's U.S. QF Rd., she's back and reaches the Final. She definitely carried the momentum from her win against Lu Lan into this match. With eyes focused like a laser, she never let Eriko got on track with her game. OTOH, Eriko was just on the defensive all night long despite her effort to make it a game in the 2nd game...can Tai TY finally win her 1st ever GP/GP Gold level title??..
4. WD - Kyung Eun Jung & Ha Na Kim vs. Wen Hsing Cheng & Yu Chin Chien - Both pairs equally as strong. The 3rd game turned out to be something to watch for as the CHN TPE pair rallied for 7 consecutive pts to make it a game. Near the end, after a few tense plays, Chien YC's net shot hit the net which sends the KOR pair into the Final. (will have a video clip of that end as well).
5. MD - Sung Hyun Ko & Yong Dae Lee vs. Naoki Kawamae & Shoji Sato - It was literally no contest and almost as if it's 1 against 2 out there (LYD vs. the 2 JPN players).
6. XD - Yong Dae Lee & Jung Eun Ha vs. Shintaro Ikeda & Reiko Shiota - Simply, the KOR pair was just better. Ha JE really controlled the forecourt area...Lee Yong Dae will look to win 2 titles here, can he do it?..
7. WS - Sayaka Sato vs. Inthanon Ratchanok - Best WS match of the day. 1st game, it was Sayaka controlling the pace as RI seemed to be making a few mistakes. 2nd game, RI turned it on, forcing a lot of plays into Sayaka Sato's backhand side which forced Sayaka to make a few errors. 3rd game arrived, and this is where i thought "does Sayaka still have enough gas?". And she proved me that she did. She got her bounce back and got into rhythm while RI seemed to lose focus and started making errors. At the end of the match i thought Sayaka looked invigorated...good luck to her vs. limsy's Tai TY..
8. MS - Tien Minh Nguyen vs. Marc Zwiebler - It was arguably the best match of the day, imo. What a match of endurance as both players really played their hearts out, esp. one for Marc who has a possible knee injury (had tape protections around the right knee) yet he was still going all out there. All match long, Marc simply pushed the shuttle to NTM's rear court forehand side. And at one point Nguyen TM almost stopped playing as he was literally standing right in the middle of the court as he couldn't run anymore. At the end, with both players drenched in perspirations, the crowd gave their appreciation for both players.
9. MD - Howard Bach & Tony Gunawan vs. Hirokatsu Hashimoto & Noriyasu Hirata - Tony and Howie are back in the Finals! After faltering in last yr's U.S. Open, the veterans seem more focused this yr. Once again, after losing of the 1st game, the U.S. pair staged their comeback toward the end of the 2nd game, led by none other than.....Howard Bach (yes, he was sharp in this match); Tony was the one who seems to be making the errors. In the 3rd game, the veterans continued their attacks and secured another trip to the Finals...can they beat LYD and bring back the U.S. Open MD title again?..
10. WD - Jung Eun Ha & Min Jung Kim vs. Miyuki Maeda & Satoko Suetsuna - As described earlier by kwun, it was a fun 2 game match. Definitely a lot of rallies for 2 games. No matter what the JPN pair threw at them, the KOR pair just seem to have a better defense and placement as they caught the JPN pair in no-man's land a few times. And despite the loud chants of "Nippon! Nippon!", it wasn't enough as the KORs were able to hold their own behind their own supporting chants....and sets up a battle of the KOR ladies in the Finals!
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-16-2011 at 03:23 PM.
07-16-2011, 10:42 PM #181
Lee Young-dae/Ha Jung-eun wins XD title def. TPE pair Chen Hung Ling/Cheng Wen Hsing, 21-19 / 21-13. Will Young-dae get double glory here to grab MD title as well? Let's see
07-16-2011, 11:16 PM #182
Congrats to LYD/HJE who finally picked up their 1st title as new pair.......they will be real threat in OG '12
07-16-2011, 11:36 PM #183
hmm no livescore ?? zzzzz
07-16-2011, 11:39 PM #184
limsy must be so happy now Tai Tzu Ying wins over Sayaka Sato, 21-16 / 19-21 and one-sided match at deciding game 21-6.
07-16-2011, 11:44 PM #185
07-16-2011, 11:57 PM #186
Com'on NTM, 11-4
07-17-2011, 12:01 AM #187
8-12 now, let keep going up!
By george@chongwei in forum World Championships 2009Replies: 469: 05-25-2011, 11:59 PM
By ctjcad in forum Malaysia GP / US Open / Australia Open / Canadian Open 2010Replies: 20: 07-25-2010, 08:59 PM
By huangkwokhau in forum Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2010Replies: 106: 07-02-2010, 06:51 AM
By ctjcad in forum US Open 2009Replies: 94: 07-17-2009, 12:12 PM
By huangkwokhau in forum Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2008Replies: 176: 06-25-2008, 07:06 PM