User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..Tine seemed to be not in sync, besides making some unforced errors herself..
    Tine also did many unforced-errors against Saina Nehwal at last month INA SSP, she must reduce it.
    Thx Chris for your live-report & recaps Bad result indeed for Tine, got early exit in GP Gold tourney, waiting her performance next month in world-meet

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As expected, Taufik progresses into last eight, def. Chetan Anand with 21-16 and convincing scoreline at second game 21-7. Tomorrow, Marc Zwiebler will be his opponent.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    As expected, Taufik progresses into last eight, def. Chetan Anand with 21-16 and convincing scoreline at second game 21-7. Tomorrow, Marc Zwiebler will be his opponent.
    No real threat yet, but MZ has been improving a lot recently....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huge upset once again after Tine first round exit, Aussie pair Ross Smith/Glenn Warfe shocks top-seed TPE MD Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu, 21-16 / 21-15.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2011 US Open Grand Prix Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Huge upset once again after Tine first round exit, Aussie pair Ross Smith/Glenn Warfe shocks top-seed TPE MD Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu, 21-16 / 21-15.
    Our Aussie pair is an experienced pair, partnering each other for years.

Glad to find that they have defeated top-seed TPE MD Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Australian pair defeated Fang/Lee!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did the Aus pair actually beat Fang/Lee or is their a TS problem ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good too see no same country encounter in the quarterfinals good luck for all players remaining ...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The real final will be between Taufik Hidayat and Bao Chunlai, expected to be in the SF. Meanwhile, I expect Boonsak Ponsana to emerge from the bottom half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    That specialty (once so coveted) has been decimated by the cardiologists. A smart person would not choose cardiothoracic surgery now.
    Didn't know about that, but I suppose it should be. With ballooning being so prevalent, they're even doing it down there, lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Day 3 recap..

..back to Day 2, Eva Lee and Paula O. won their match due to Wang Rong being injured in the 3rd game..

..quick recap of Day 3..

1. Match of the day was definitely the XD match between Reiko S. & Shintaro I. vs. CHN's Liu XL & Cheng S. It was a tight game throughout, but the more experienced pair won and held their own toward the end of the match. After the last point, the jubilant Reiko jumped into Shintaro's embrace as they absorbed all of the fans applause. Of course, the fans definitely wanted the JPN's pair to win so they can see Reiko compete at least another day...

2. Another defending champs fell, as CHN TPE's MD pair of Fang CM & Lee SM, who won last yr's MD title, continue to struggle this yr as they lost in straight games to a much lankier Australian pair.

3. Singles match of the day was definitely the match between Ai Goto vs. Tai TY. Very entertaining indeed. Near the end of the 3rd game, after each gal traded grunts for grunts, it was Tai TY who emerged victorious. She will try her luck this yr and try to do one round better after last yr's loss in the QF Rd~wish her luck, limsy..

4. Eriko's match vs. the HK gal was entertaining as well. Eriko just showed her level toward the end of the 1st game.

5. MS match between the Almost-Incredible Hurk (Henri Hurskainen) was close in the 1st game. Henri showed some true grit with his defense in the 1st game and almost pulled one out. Unfortunately, his rushed net shot sealed the victory for Hsieh HY.

6. The U.S. MD pairing of Tony & Howard survived another day..rallying in the 1st game to win a close one..

7. Boonsak Ponsana survived a tough fight against a JPN youngster in Takuma Ueda, who showed a lot of potential..

8. Marc Zwiebler continues to improve in his performance..although he told me he was somewhat lucky in his win over IND's RMV Gurusaidatt

9. The 2 THA's young WS players continue with their stable performance as well..

..that's all from my very burnt out memory...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..here's a quickie recap..

7. And of course, who can not miss the nerve-wrecking WD match between BC's current fave JPN junior women player Misaki Matsutomo & Ayaka T. vs. KOR's Jung KE & Kim HN...
    To be frank, a lot of people thought it would've been a pretty easy cakewalk for the KOR ladies; at least for me it was. The JPN young pair really played their hearts out and if not for their inexperience and lack of sync as a pair, they probably could've at least forced a 3rd game. The crowd really got behind the JPN pair after they caught up and tied the score in the 2nd game after the KOR pair, esp. Kim HN made a bit of errors near the end of the 2nd game. I thought she's the weak link in that pairing. It was neck and neck and at one pt the JPN pair had a game pt., but the KOR pair was able to squeeze through.
    Overall, in the new JPN WD pairing for Misaki, i have 2 observations. One is i thought both Misaki and Ayaka lacked defense (which i know is a trademark for a JPN WD pairs). They have to improve that area as well as the shot selections (i don't understand nihongo, but i can somewhat overheard & understand what their coach was telling them with the hand signs and all)..Second is, Misaki is not a rear-court player since she just doesn't have any pop in her smashes. Everytime i saw her switch from front to back with Ayaka, i told myself, "oh my, bad switch". Because Misaki is very deft at the front with her really soft touches.
    Sorry for Misaki, as she suffered 2 defeats in 1 day and for all her BC's supporters..But overall a good learning experience for them..Sorry After the match ended, both junior girls had a few mentor-mentee talk with the coach. At one pt, both Misaki and Ayaka almost cried after being spoken to by the coach (i have a few pics of that)..
    *Too bad, we couldn't get the human audiophone out of the stringing area to yell his "Nippon! Nippon!" chants...
    It's a little disappointing that Misaki and Ayaka didn't manage to beat this Korean pair once again, though I can't fault them for not trying. Ignoring the first set, the second showed that they can really push the Koreans to the edge. Compared with their previous meeting two and a half months ago, where they lost 21-17 21-14 in the India Open, I feel that this result is an improvement. It's just a pity that they have gone out so early in their last big tournament before the long hiatus.
    I do believe that it's good for Misaki to be prowling near the net, since she tends to rather aggressive there. Also, Ayaka has got substantial power.
    I feel that any drop in form recently is probably only temporary, since they have taken out some rather strong opponents, including the Chinese twins Luo Ying/Luo Yu, who will be the Koreans' next opponents.
    The prospects of them playing in London is however more bleak, since time is running out for them to climb up the rankings, and Mizuki/Reika and Shizuka/Mami are playing like madmen (or madwomen). But these two pairs, being the more senior and hence more experienced, should be expected to be the frontrunners. Well, there is always 2016 in sunny Rio de Janeiro.
    What is more worrisome is the need for them to stay in the national team, and with it, exposure to strong opponents. Given the swarm of talented up and coming youngsters eager to take their place, this may pose a problem.
    It is not unexpected for Park Joo Bong, being a Korean, to be a tough task master. But I'm really glad that he is coaching the pair. And with Zhang Yawen in Unisys to train with them, I believe that they can go far.
    Oh, by the way, Misaki and Ayaka are not a new pairing. They have been together since junior high school. I think
    Last edited by phil-mm; 07-14-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Xuerui is invincible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think Smith/Warfe won because they're awesome??? I think its coz they're awesome!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    Li Xuerui is invincible
    Let's see how invincible she is against "the Special One" (Rat); match starting right about now.

Can't find live streaming anywhere unfortunately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Let's see how invincible she is against "the Special One" (Rat); match starting right about now.

Can't find live streaming anywhere unfortunately
    I too like "the Special One" more because she's quite funny, but my head tells me that she can't beat "the Invincible One", lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bok_like_dat View Post
    Do you think Smith/Warfe won because they're awesome??? I think its coz they're awesome!!!
    LOL, didn't notice this huge anomaly in the results until now. They must certainly be quite awesome

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast