Results 137 to 153 of 232
07-15-2011, 12:33 AM #137
07-15-2011, 12:45 AM #138
Just go back from mosque, and see the result, surprise me!!!
Taufik lost to Marc? I don't believe it, Marc should be so good today...
and no CHN in Semi, its interesting tourney...
07-15-2011, 01:05 AM #139
As expected, Jpn put representatives in all disciplinesAfter all they're sending their A team.......
07-15-2011, 02:21 AM #140
but of course i like tai more
glad to see nguyen tien minh beat bao chun lai for 2nd time,1st time bao chun lai retired in rubber set when trailing in mas open 2010
there is no china represent in semi final
07-15-2011, 04:30 AM #141
07-15-2011, 07:08 AM #142
Marc seems to have a knee injury! If so, it's very unlikely that he's going to play today.
07-15-2011, 12:23 PM #143
staying at the tournament hotel has its perks.
went down to breakfast and got in the same elevator as LYD. and then saw Eriko, Miyuki and Satoko eating breakfast together talking and joking around. i almost fainted.
also it looks like the Chinese team also staying here, saw a couple of players. saw TTY there and also some other players from Spain that i didn't recognize.
07-15-2011, 12:36 PM #144
Still quite a surprise to see no Chinese players advance into semi, we all don't like to see too much domination by the Chinese but w/o the Chinese seems less attraction
Well, most of the top seeds on most events bowed out early so that's the consolation for team Chinese. Credit to Team Japan, I can feel the Sun is rising ...
07-15-2011, 12:58 PM #145
As well as a couple of clips (near the end of the 3rd game) of limsy's fave Tai TY's "big" win over Lu Lan..
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-15-2011 at 01:00 PM.
07-15-2011, 01:09 PM #146
07-15-2011, 01:13 PM #147
07-15-2011, 01:55 PM #148
Day 4 recap..
..here's a quick recap of Day 4..All the matches, starting from the 1st one to the last one, were equally as jaw-dropping and heart-stopping as they could get..I even noticed Hau-ge, who was in the audience, gave his applause in approval esp. in the Sato vs. Chen WH match..
1. As mentioned, Tony & Howard got a w/o because one of the GER pair has an injury.
2. WS match between Li XR and Ratchanok was the start the crowd needed. RI showed why she's not crowned 3 times WJC WS champ for nothing. 1st game, after allowing Li XR to tie the score at game pt, Inthanon was able to muster some luck and escaped. 2nd game, after expanding the score gap, RI never looked back and cruised til the end.
3. The Marc Zwiebler vs. Taufik's match showed how either Marc has really improved his game or Taufik just didn't have the energy needed. From the start of the 1st game, Taufik just didn't have it. As an analogy, if you have a 10-speed bike, Taufik was probably going at speed 3, or 4 max. He tried to up the tempo after the break in the 1st game, with a few more smashes, but Marc was able to repel any kind of attacks from Taufik. In the 2nd game, Taufik came out charging, probably going at speed 8 or 9. Unfortunately, after going full speed, Taufik stalled at 14 pts and Marc slowly started his come back. Taufik probably got tired and started making errors, as Marc gained 10 straight unanswered pts. The last pt. of the match was indicative of how tired Taufik was as he smashed long and wide. (photos of Marc's reaction will follow in the Photos thread)..I don't know how Hau-ge felt, but i'm sure he approved of Marc's performance...Now, it's probably shopping time for Taufik..
4. Lee Yong Dae & Ko Sung Hyun looking sharp.
5. Shoji Sato still playing as a one-man wrecking crew, covering all courts. I think he still feels he's playing singles out there (afterall, he used to play MS for a while).
6. The MS match between Kevin Cordon vs. Hsieh YH was definitely entertaining. After Cordon won the 1st game, it was all down to Hsieh YH to win the next 2 matches. And after a grueling 3 games and neck and neck scoreline, Hsieh was able to pull out an ecstatic win.
7. And not to be outdone was the XD match between Shintaro I. & Reiko S. vs. last yr's XD runners-up in Lee SM & Chien YC. Once again, the JPN thrilled the crowd after coming back and winning the last 2 games. They are looking good to win the XD title.
8. Sho Sasaki really controlled the match vs. Boonsak. The 1st game was all Sasaki as Boonsak had no answer to setup any attacks nor even start one. In the 2nd game, Boonsak changed tempo and led at 3 different occasions. But Sasaki just never lost his focus as he patiently but surely finished the match.
9. NTM's win over BCL can be somewhat called an upset. Afterall, BCL has never lost to NTM before. But looking at how the 1st game went, it was clear BCL just didn't have it in him; perhaps he was tired. BCL just didn't have the answer for the quicker and less-error prone NTM as NTM seemed to be 1 step ahead of the more error-prone BCL
10. Eriko Hirose vs. Porntip B.'s match definitely had its brilliant moments. Despite the tough loss, it was a good learning experience for Porntip.
11. The WD match between CHN's LY & LY vs. Kim HN & Jung KE showed the more consistent KOR pair. After losing a close 2nd game, the KOR ladies refocused and got their game back.
12. The Sayaka Sato vs. Cheng WH's match can be summed up in one word : exhausting. Great effort from both gals. And yes, i will have a video clip of the last few pts of that match as well.
13. And last, Tai TY finally came and didn't repeat last yr's result~i think limsy was praying all night and day yesterday. Who could miss the Tai TY vs. Lu Lan's match. What a match it was as all 3 games literally went down to a nail biting last few pts. Of course, the best game was the 3rd game where after Lu Lan had match pt., Lady Luck seemed to decide to switch side and jumped on Tai TY's bandwagon. Once again, Tai put together one amazing effort. At one point in the last few pts of the 3rd game, Tai TY delivered a blistering smash which somewhat hit the upper portion of Lu Lan's body. And after a couple of heart stopping plays near the end, Lu Lan smashed wide as Tai lunged for her final dive as the crowd roared in excitement. Thumbs up to both gals for their effort. (yes, i will have a couple video clips of the end of this match..stay tuned)..
on to the Semifinals Round..
How long have they been playing in the pro international scene?..or anyone else knows?..
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-15-2011 at 02:07 PM.
07-15-2011, 02:36 PM #149
chris,i was surprise to see ratchanok had became 3 times wjc when she only played twice in that tournament
07-15-2011, 02:39 PM #150
yes, twice WJC WS champ..forgot..
07-15-2011, 02:42 PM #151
but let's face it, RI will be WJC again this year
07-15-2011, 02:49 PM #152
07-15-2011, 02:53 PM #153
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-15-2011 at 03:02 PM.
By george@chongwei in forum World Championships 2009Replies: 469: 05-25-2011, 10:59 PM
By ctjcad in forum Malaysia GP / US Open / Australia Open / Canadian Open 2010Replies: 20: 07-25-2010, 07:59 PM
By huangkwokhau in forum Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2010Replies: 106: 07-02-2010, 05:51 AM
By ctjcad in forum US Open 2009Replies: 94: 07-17-2009, 11:12 AM
By huangkwokhau in forum Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2008Replies: 176: 06-25-2008, 06:06 PM