User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 212
  1. #137
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    I guess we're all pretty much coming to the same conclusions with this string!
    So what is the conclusion? That BG80P is inferior to BG80? I think it's subjective. BG80P offers something that BG80 may not have and vice versa.

  2. #138
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    243
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by istringforyou View Post
    So what is the conclusion? That BG80P is inferior to BG80? I think it's subjective. BG80P offers something that BG80 may not have and vice versa.
    true, BG80P excels in some area where BG80 is found lacking, esp the durability department. But BG80 fans will find it annoying as BG80P is not exactly the "power" version of BG80, the dull feeling is a big minus. IMO Yonex has done better job on BG66 series, like BG66S, BG66M, and BG66UM.

  3. #139
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie0517 View Post
    true, BG80P excels in some area where BG80 is found lacking, esp the durability department. But BG80 fans will find it annoying as BG80P is not exactly the "power" version of BG80, the dull feeling is a big minus. IMO Yonex has done better job on BG66 series, like BG66S, BG66M, and BG66UM.
    As i have commented that BG80P's seemingly muted sound as compared to BG80 has set the wrong tone of expectations. Most tend to co-relate sound to power to feel and the combination of such in BG80 has led to a habit out of the 'feel'. I agree BG80P's muted sound is somewhat disappointing. But the chain stops here. I certainly think that objectively, BG80P is quietly doing its job and even slightly better than its predecessor without getting its deserved recognition. I am sure i was raining powerful swift lightning strikes with slightly more ease than BG80 on the same racket without the thunder. To the BG80 die hards, BG80P is indeed an anti-climax. It just doesnt feel right or what it should have been or what all have been wanting a new BG80 to be. Just like an out of sync or an english dubbed asian movie. I admit i did feel the same too but on the other hand i also realise what BG80P is intended to be, definitely not what we mere mortals want it to be, it seems. However i believe if one had tried BG80P before BG80, he/she may be able to give a more objective opinion.

    I cant exactly say we have a winner in BG80P, because afterall it ultimately boils down to the market response which in this case seems abysmal. Nor i can say BG80P is a loser. Simply because it is indeed slightly better than BG80 in most department except the most crucial one - hitting sound. And the one and only deficiency led to a chain of undesirable reaction. Imagine if BG80P sounds as loud or louder than BG80, then suddenly everything may seem to gel and emerge as a winner.
    Last edited by istringforyou; 02-29-2012 at 06:40 AM.

  4. #140
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kidderminster, UK
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know this isn't a popular opinion round here, but so as to not deter people from trying BG80P I'd like to say I massively prefer BG80P to regular BG80 and think it's a great string.
    For your reference I have traditionally preferred medium feeling strings, BG66, BG66UM & NBG98 so if you do too, I'd recommend trying it out.

    Compared to BG80 I've found BG80P a friendlier/easier string to play with that is very durable.
    It feels slightly more powerful than BG80 for me, and less harsh without a lack of crispness. (I completely appreciate this is subjective and what many people love about BG80)

    I can see how it might be a disappointment to a hardcore/long term BG80 fan, as it is quite different and many will find the name misleading but for me personally it's an improvement on BG80 in every way and a great string.
    I've strung and used it at all tensions from 24-28lbs.

    So in summary if you are more of a 'medium feel' string fan then definitely give it a try.
    It's one of my current favourite strings along with Li-Ning NS70 and Victor VS-850.

    Hope this is if some use/help to you all!

    Mat

  5. #141
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,729
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see how it might be a disappointment to a hardcore/long term BG80 fan, as it is quite different and many will find the name misleading
    I think people were expecting the extreme metallicity and stiffness of BG80, and they haven't got it. I'm now of the opinion that YY should have called BG80P something else entirely - it deserves its own name for me, and I hope that coating is used on more stuff in the future.

  6. #142
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kidderminster, UK
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I think people were expecting the extreme metallicity and stiffness of BG80, and they haven't got it. I'm now of the opinion that YY should have called BG80P something else entirely - it deserves its own name for me, and I hope that coating is used on more stuff in the future.
    Well said Mark, I'll certainly second that!

  7. #143
    Regular Member GUENNIIIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Peter Gade using BG80P with the z-force
    whats the good on BG80P i dont like it but why peter and Vitkor Axelsen using it?

    Name:  416803_10151371723195626_215968405625_23264143_1995017699_n.jpg
Views: 2269
Size:  57.1 KBName:  421151_10151371723240626_215968405625_23264144_402116222_n.jpg
Views: 2154
Size:  44.9 KBName:  421268_10151371722680626_215968405625_23264140_1650823712_n.jpg
Views: 2235
Size:  47.6 KBName:  424011_10151371722515626_215968405625_23264138_1864802337_n.jpg
Views: 2225
Size:  49.2 KBName:  425305_10151371723015626_215968405625_23264142_477505297_n.jpg
Views: 2100
Size:  47.0 KBName:  426520_10151371723345626_215968405625_23264145_2136339518_n.jpg
Views: 2132
Size:  64.7 KBName:  428592_10151371722415626_215968405625_23264137_722782841_n.jpg
Views: 8518
Size:  42.1 KBName:  431239_10151371722585626_215968405625_23264139_2078737335_n.jpg
Views: 2185
Size:  47.6 KB

  8. #144
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GUENNIIIII View Post
    Peter Gade using BG80P with the z-force
    whats the good on BG80P i dont like it but why peter and Vitkor Axelsen using it?

    Name:  416803_10151371723195626_215968405625_23264143_1995017699_n.jpg
Views: 2269
Size:  57.1 KBName:  421151_10151371723240626_215968405625_23264144_402116222_n.jpg
Views: 2154
Size:  44.9 KBName:  421268_10151371722680626_215968405625_23264140_1650823712_n.jpg
Views: 2235
Size:  47.6 KBName:  424011_10151371722515626_215968405625_23264138_1864802337_n.jpg
Views: 2225
Size:  49.2 KBName:  425305_10151371723015626_215968405625_23264142_477505297_n.jpg
Views: 2100
Size:  47.0 KBName:  426520_10151371723345626_215968405625_23264145_2136339518_n.jpg
Views: 2132
Size:  64.7 KBName:  428592_10151371722415626_215968405625_23264137_722782841_n.jpg
Views: 8518
Size:  42.1 KBName:  431239_10151371722585626_215968405625_23264139_2078737335_n.jpg
Views: 2185
Size:  47.6 KB
    Peter Gade is also using the new SHB-F1 LTD

  9. #145
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How does it compare to the bg66UM ?

  10. #146
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll be trying the BG80P @ 27lbs on my VT80 and N90II. I'll see how I like it next week.

  11. #147
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,974
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    I'll be trying the BG80P @ 27lbs on my VT80 and N90II. I'll see how I like it next week.
    I am looking forward for your review...I have been checking on BG80P availability on local retailer.It seems that BG80P is on its way..

  12. #148
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I made the mistake of preweaving my vt80 with BG80 hoping to string it the next evening.

    What I didn't count on was buying some orange BG80P the very next day ...

    I don't normally want my strings to break again so quickly.

  13. #149
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tried BG80 power on my NS8000 at 25 lb main 27 lb cross. It played ok smashes were maybe a little but better but the sound was definitely more muted. Net shots seemed fine. The strings broke after one week after around 10-11 hours of play. I also tried the N98 and would prolly rate the N98 a little higher than the BG80P (N98 broke after 3 weeks). I'm going to go back to regular BG80 though at a lower tension since i'm sick of breaking strings...lol...

  14. #150
    Regular Member diverdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not sure if i like this string. Been using bg66um on an even racket which i liked but lacked power and bg80 on my spare even racket which has got loads more umph but less control . Got more power from the bg80p but that's the only positive. It hasn't turned me into an Olympic champion like I was expecting. Cool colour though.

  15. #151
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Had my first session with BG80P on my VT80 @ 27lbs. Not impressed. I didn't find an increase to my smashing power nor any better control. Maybe it was just a bad night for me as I lost all my singles games. I'll keep using it til it breaks or lose tension. Maybe I'll grow to love it. But for now...it seems no better than BG80.

  16. #152
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Where else?
    Posts
    2,146
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I prefer the BG80P over the standard BG80. I have realized that I don't like the "stiff" and "hard" feel of BG80.

  17. #153
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,974
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
    Not sure if i like this string. Been using bg66um on an even racket which i liked but lacked power and bg80 on my spare even racket which has got loads more umph but less control . Got more power from the bg80p but that's the only positive. It hasn't turned me into an Olympic champion like I was expecting. Cool colour though.
    Maybe the stringer was not qualified to string during Olympic event or even Super Series event.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. VS850 vs BG68Ti vs BG80/80 power
    By ikki9394 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 23
    : 09-09-2012, 08:37 PM
  2. BG80 Power vs BG66 Ultimax ?
    By Lin Dan 007 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 3
    : 03-17-2012, 11:33 AM
  3. FS: Panda power trinity pro brand new. New bg80. New grip. Mint condition
    By alphapeta in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 12
    : 09-10-2011, 11:45 AM
  4. FS: FOR SALE: Yonex Armortec 900 Power (4 Months Old) Restrung BG80 + Karakal Grip
    By parmar88 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 07-22-2010, 07:30 AM
  5. FS: Yonex Arcsaber 10 with Yonex BG80 String***MINT CONDITION***
    By elite88 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 09-28-2008, 10:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •