Badminton club in Luton?

Discussion in 'UK' started by anupriya, Jul 15, 2011.

1. anupriya

anupriya New Member

data analyst
    Hello,

I have been shifting in Luton, would like to have the pre-information about the badminton court in Luton? Do anybody know the nearby court in Luton or bedford?

Any help is appreciated..

Thanks in advance!! :)

2. zeddie

zeddie Regular Member

IT Manager
    Hi there,

There are a few clubs in Luton.. main ones being Vauxhall and Challney. Both are good but im not sure if they are accepting members. Challney only runs during term time but vauxhall runs all through the year. Both are good places to play with Vauxhall probably edging out Challney in terms of standard of play. This is their web site: http://www.vauxhallbadminton.co.uk/. Use the contact number on there and speak to Malcolm Jellows.. He's a nice guy and will help you out Im sure.

Alternatively my friends and I play at Dunstable leisure centre most monday nights 8-10, wednesday 8-10 and Sundays 6-9. We are a friendly bunch of about 10 people of a decent standard and I get free courts there. You just need to contribute towards the shuttles which isnt much. We are not playing this weekend as going to Bham for the badminton bonanza tournament.. Come along next week though and see what you think!

What level do you play at? I have pm'd you my contact number if you need more info.

Thanks!

Zed

3. anupriya

anupriya New Member

data analyst
    Ya thanks for the information. As soon I'l shift to luton, will definitely come to visit n play badminton. I am looking forward to visit the place.
    I am the beginners level player, so will learn a lot from you people as well..
    What other sports you are interested in??

thank you
    kind regards
    anupriya

4. zeddie

zeddie Regular Member

IT Manager
    Just badminton ^_^

5. bsatheesh

bsatheesh New Member

Project Manager
    Hi Zed

We have recently moved into Luton and I live in Leagrave / Beechwood Road. Would like to continue my badminton, as had few months as relocating. Have been playing with friends for past few years. I have noticed Vauxhall Club. I hear abt Challney club too- but not sure of the days they operate. My option is only Sunday and looking for choices available around.

I would rate myself between beginner to intermediate, but havent been playing for a while. So need to catch-up. Both Leather and Plastic are ok.

Similar to yourself I commute to London everyday for work. I see you regularly posting in this forum and appreciate any contacts/options in this regard.

Regards
    Satheesh