User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Drives also involve some shoulder and triceps, so can't really extend that observation there. However, tight net kills by nature almost completely isolate the forearm, so as you also see, the backhand version is faster and more powerful than the forehand. That is also why you can "flick" powerfully with your backhand and not with your forehand. I don't think I've ever heard of the "flick" action being applied to the forehand.
    Forehand flick : in those days buddy, don't think you know what is badminton yet

And neither did I

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question What is Badminton?

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Forehand flick : in those days buddy, don't think you know what is badminton yet

And neither did I
    This is so true.

When asked "What is Badminton?", most people often explained it as;

"It's just a game where players are hitting a shuttlecock over the net without allowing the shuttlecock touching the ground".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good one on the screw thingy. IMO, backhand is easier, faster and more convenient to flick. Forehand is more for big power swings. (Advance level)

Most people (not pros) are vulnerable in backhand positions. None bothers to perfect it. Pros are more balanced since they practice it every day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo i feel that i defend smashes using backhand all the way cos its faster than changing from forehand to backhand, reactions fast that way.

btw i am just a mediocre player... maybe the masters here can confirm n explain more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, backhand is faster with flicks. But if you are serious and competitive, you need to balance both.

A good player can attack both forehand and backhand easily. It will be a struggle if you are not prepared

So, by doing the wrist power work thingy, it will force you to do both forehand and backhand curl. This will help to balance it. Hope this helps.

You can see the video for illustrations on how to keep your wrist and arm strong. It is used in Sports Schools. Long before many of you were born. Not sure if you can get the link below.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/xtremexn?feature=mhee#p/f/192/Vmn5Eh80reQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/user/xtremexn...92/Vmn5Eh80reQ

or this method if you don't have the brick and wood.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/xtremexn?feature=mhee#p/f/18/1D3tlSkBI2U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/user/xtremexn...18/1D3tlSkBI2U
    Last edited by extremenanopowe; 07-20-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why use the backhand grip? Because it is more natural/efficient than a forehand stroke. Try slapping the air w/o a racket, which way is easier? Backhand or forehand? Even if the smash is on your right shoulder you still can return it by moving yr body a little to the right (like skipping sideway). It is like 1-stroke action, unlike forehand return which is more like 2-stroke action; bringing yr hand backward n flicking your wrist.

For quicker but less powerful shot backhand prevails but for stronger shots like clears/smashes, forehand will prevail but because you can have more powerful shot due to the momentum of rotation of your body, your shoulder n arm before the final wrist pronation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2