KIM Ha Na

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by xiaobunny, Jul 17, 2011.

1. xiaobunny

xiaobunny Regular Member

Student
    hey , anyone have her details of everything?
    is it a new coming up korean Youngster?

2. Heong

Heong Regular Member

She looks pretty cute ;) She could be a K-Pop star!! (if she wanted to)

If anyone has anymore info please post!!

3. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    She just won her first Super Series yesterday with Jung Kyung Eun, also another cutie.

4. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Noticed her wayyyyy before anyone took notice of her prior to this win *proud* :D

5. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Too bad, I though she has really good defense and shot making capabilities during the Olympics. Could of been a real talent for Korea.

6. PerryH

PerryH Regular Member

Analyst
    kim ha na + lee yong dae.

best looking XD partners. i will just watch them for their looks

7. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Kim Hana and her her partner, along with the other Korean ladies doubles pair have been kicked off the Korean national team because of Badmintongate.

So sad, she was a very promising player, could really have challenged the top Chinese pairs. Her partner, Jung had an awesome smash.

Don't know what they're supposed to do now, I think the ban also stops them from playing in other countries.

This is too harsh in my opinion. There was a lot of embarassment in Korea about the Olympic happenings, but they shouldn't take it out on the players to this degree.

8. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Kim Ha Na is out from international competition for 6 months

Of course nothing can be done, the verdict has a already passed, but at least it didn't get to 2 years

But doesn't matter imo, 6 months can pass by quickly, they can start a brand new career starting next year in 2013

After experiencing such a crisis, I'm sure she and Jung Kyung Eun will return as stronger athletes and show the Chinese they have returned with remorse

This also means Korea has to push their junior WD players. I really hope Kim So Young / Choi Hye In could catch up to Kim Ha Na and Jung Kyung Eun's level soon. So when the big guns return, South Korea would have a consistent and strong womens team...

I still remember when Kim Ha Na and Jung Kyung Eun were still juniors and minors in international competition. They have improved so so quickly and caught up to Kim / Ha so fast, I was very proud of them because I was just one of the few who supported them before they made their mark...

Actually, this sentence is not that bad afterall if you look at it this way. There was no saying they couldn't train? They should train very very hard and make a surprise next year in Korean Open

#9 Heong, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  9. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    There is still Jang Ye Na and Eom Hye Won...

10. event

event Regular Member

Strictly speaking, Kim Ha Na did not compete internationally as a junior. Her first tournament outside Korea was when she was 20. She was more of a late bloomer, unlike Jung Kyung Eun, who has been on the radar since just before her 16th birthday.

Also, unless they make an exception, we may not see much of these four until a year from now. The ban is only six months but they are off the national team for a year so no one is likely going to fund them to go overseas for a tournament between March and August next year. Pro teams go abroad outside the purview of the national team a maximum of once a year and only Jung's team even comes close to that frequency. Kim's team Samsung hasn't been abroad on its own since the summer of 2010, Ha's team last went abroad in 2007 and Kim Min Jung's team has never been abroad on its own. As I say, they might make an exception but even those pro team trips have to get funding approval from their corporate sponsors and then permission from the BKA (though this may largely be because the BKA doesn't like them overworking national team players).

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, we will miss her action together with Jung KE, Ha JE and Kim MJ. Good luck for next year comeback :)

12. Heong

Heong Regular Member

When I said junior I didn't mean junior as in age-wise but experience-wise

I saw them as juniors compared to their seniors Kim Min Jung and Ha Jung Eun who have been competing internationally for a longer time

But thanks for your comment

13. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Watching Kim Ha Na in the Sudirman Cup, I think her legs and especially arms look like sticks. Was her build always like this, or has she lost a lot of weight?

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Haha... looks like she can topple over with a strong gust of wind. :p

But she can smash quite hard though... much to her opponent's surprise, especially the men. :)

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ....and a smasher she surely is! ;) Amen! :D
    Now, if she could just work on rearranging those facial muscles a little...

wonder how this thread has escaped the eagle/wandering eye of [MENTION=7451]madbad[/MENTION] ... :D

16. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

In my opinion Kim isn't sharp enough at the net, e.g. missing a few net winners in today's surdirman cup game. She doesn't seem that dangerous in general...and it seems that Ko has to cover for her sometimes too which puts him in trouble :(

17. event

event Regular Member

She has always looked like that. She has plenty of musculature on her legs but yes, her arms do look quite thin. As visor says, though, she has plenty of power.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

ya, she may have power, but it's not the explosive type... so she's not as fast at the front as say, Ma Jin or Natsir.

19. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Seriously: it's like watching women's doubles. She also lifts far too much. I feel really sorry for Ko at times, because she does get him into trouble so often ...