Looking for place to play in London East (Hackney, Dalston)

Discussion in 'UK' started by Triphys, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Triphys

Triphys New Member

Hey!

I recently moved to London and me and my brother decided it would be fun to play some badminton, but I can't for my life find any courts where we can play.

So I thought I could check here if someone knows a good place? We're mostly going to play on weekday evenings.

Thanks!

2. Akife Dar

Akife Dar Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Hi Triphys,
    My advice is to come to Walthamstow or Leyton where there are clubs running in the evening but if you what to booked courts it will cost a lot say £10 for a hour in Leisures, some sixform Colleges charge cheaper like Leyton College.

3. jgbreezer

jgbreezer Regular Member

Software Developer
    Not quite east london, but there's a No Strings Badminton club at Crystal Palace on Monday evenings, at the far end of the Overground (the Crystal Palace branch that doesn't go down to West Croydon) from Dalston and another one on Friday evenings in Forrest Hill I think, closer up on the overground/other routes.

4. Blade_123

Blade_123 Regular Member

Accountant
    Hi Triphys,

If you play up to a reasonable standard, you might want to join Sylvan Badminton Club at Bancroft’s School Sports Centre every Tuesday 7:30pm to 9:30pm from 2 August 2011 (inclusive).

The club operates on a pay as you go basis at £6 per session (£5 for ladies). Tournament grade goose feather shuttlecocks will be used for every session.

Please note that as we are an informal social group and we are not covered by any insurance.

How to get to Bancroft’s School Sports Centre

Address:
    Bancroft’s School Sports Centre
    Woodford Green
    Essex IG8 0RF

By Car:
    Bancroft school is off the A406 North Circular and on the A104 in Woodford Green. There is ample free parking on site.

By Public Transport:
    Bus 179 stops outside the school along Whitehall Lane and can be taken from either Chingford Rail Station or South Woodford Underground Station.

Please drop me a private message if you are interested.

5. dalstonlondon

dalstonlondon New Member