LINING N90II and Z SLASH TH

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jason1975, Jul 19, 2011.

1. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

LINING N90II and Z SLASH TH, which one is better for singles? Please provide me some comments as to how is the feel when using this two rackets? Is there a big difference? I have only tried z slash th. I find it hard to generate power, but when I looked at the string I know whats the reason. I dont really like bg65 and the string is abit loose. So I probably didnt get the appropriate feels. Thank anyone who provide me comments/feedbacks.

2. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

definitely N90II. N90II got bigger sweet spot and better control. Power wise, it should be almost the same.

For Z-slash, due to the smaller frame, it is less forgiving in terms of sweet spot. stringing on z-slash is also big headache as i can't get it tune to my preference after using so many types of string and tension.

Use N90II with BG66UM. if you are a hard hitter with good wrist and finger power, then use a thicker string.

3. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Thank juventus :) looks like i will stick with my original choice (n90II) then

Can I ask you a few more things?
    1. Compare between n90II, z slash and N50II, which one is stiffer, heavier and more head heavy?
    2. Is n90II feels more solid compared to z-slash?
    3. for N90II, use a thicker string is better? Why?

#3 jason1975, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  4. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

The Arcsaber Z Slash is an Even balanced racket and has a stiff flexibility

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    N90II is the better racket pretty much in all aspects (if you can handle it), but for singles I think N55,N55-II and N70II are overall better than N90II, I would say N90-II is probably better for very strong mixed/doubles players imop. I think most singlesplayer like it a tad more flex, but not as flexy as Arc-Z which is way to flexy..

6. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Hmmm... is n90II much stiffer than zslash? and is n90II similar to n50II, which one is harder to handle? Coz my friend have n50II and i will try it out soon. If they are similar i will probably buy n90II.

I hope n90II have the kind of feel I want.. Heavy, solid and very stiff..

7. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

if u can get a hands on a N90 get it is bettr than N90II the feel is hard to explain if u swing the racket slowly not to slow like a in average speed the shuttle goes far like is smooth this is for N90, is stiffer than N90II

8. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

owh... I like n90II becoz of the appearance and cosmetic. Is n90 really alot better than n90II? If it really is I dont mind the appearance anymore :p

9. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

OMG I tried N90 today.. Its sooooo good for me!!!! My smashes are alot sharper and powerful, clears are alot powerful, and I dont need to use alot of strength to do the smashes and clears!!! Thats amazing!! I use gosen ryoga shiden, and it cant even be used to compared with n90 lol, but shiden is still a good racket..

Many BCers said that n90 is very stiff and head heavy, but I dont feel any of that. In fact n90 is much easier to use and control than shiden. It can also be used as doubles.. Its stiff, but not as stiff as what the BCers say. If u r curious why I would feel that, think that it is a fake racket.. its not. My friend bought it from a lining distributor in new zealand.

My next racket would be either n90 or n90II. This is just my personal experience so it might differ to any other players.. I just really like it. I got a question tho... Is n90ii similar to n90?

10. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

Yup get an n90, feeling for different people is different n90 is really much better than N90II maybe due to balance point and head heaviness therefore don't care about the cosmetics care about the power generateÐ

11. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Yes!! Will probably get n90.. Its cheaper than n90II too.. abit regret that I didnt look at the li-ning rackets when i was buying racket.. I didnt want to look at it coz its expensive. But now that I have tried it, I dont mind spending more money for a worthy racket but too late now >.< no money...