User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question Shirts: Nike dri-fit vs. Victor/Yonex micro polyester

I'm thinking of getting a new playing shirt. Just wondering if anyone has experience with comparing the two above. In terms of sweat absorption/wicking, comfort, keeping cool. Is dri-fit supposed to be better or are they all the same?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course drifit is better...!!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    of course drifit is better...!!
    Are you just saying that because that's your namesake, or from experience? . Btw, you liked it so much that you chose this screename?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried, yonex, nike, head and even adidas shirts, all supposedly to have special materials eg drifit etc but somehow the sweat absorption does not seem to be as good as my average 100% cotton T; don't know if it is just me, I seem to smell more from the sweat when I wear these "high-tech" materials.....

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanx szekt, looks like I'll order it and see for myself. I'll report back...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, cotton will absorb sweat better but it will retain it too. Drifit material in other words, dries up faster. If you wear cotton, your shirt will be getting heavier as it will be soaked. In a badminton session, you might change 1-2 times if wearing drifit material. For cotton, you might change 3-4 times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know much about yonex's , but i`ve tried nike drifit and greg norman shirt... nike drifit felt heavier after sweat heavily as maybe the weather of my country.. i personally prefer greg norman shirt (dont really know whats their technologies) as it can last few more games if compared with nike dri fit.

just my personal 2 cents tho =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by szekt View Post
    I have tried, yonex, nike, head and even adidas shirts, all supposedly to have special materials eg drifit etc but somehow the sweat absorption does not seem to be as good as my average 100% cotton T; don't know if it is just me, I seem to smell more from the sweat when I wear these "high-tech" materials.....
    U are not the only 1....all my yonex drifit shirts seems to get more smellier as it aged....new 1s are okie, but as the drifit material starts wearing off (perhaps from the frequent washing and sweat-soak sessions), it does gets more smellier than those new shirts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried Nike, Under Armor, and Adidas. I think that Under Armor and Nike are tied as a best 2. Adidas shirts just don't seem quite as good.

I've had the same problem with smells on the shirt, I've been trying to soak shirts in water & detergent before washing to see if that can help get rid of the smell. It's light for now, but at some point, going to have to phase them out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just buy Yonex VeryCool shirts... they are really good and all the creterias are well handled (if I can say soo :S)

For me Yonex VeryCool and Victor Perfect-Dry are really good. I personally think they are better than any other brand :S however thats my personal taste

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't some dri-fit clothes have the anti-stink technology?
    I think the treads incorporate silver or something like that.
    I know some yoga clothes that were marketed like that.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti-stink technology? I believe they call it deodorant . A proper one that is, not that useless spray on stuff that is only designed to cover up the stench, not prevent it in the first place

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for comfort, Yonex JP have to rank near the best of them. Not the best to comment on sweat wicking tech (not a heavy sweater) but for so called cooling tech I think Adidas Climacool works better than Yonex' VeryCool tech. And for comfort have a look at the Formotion Adidas range (also has ClimaCool tech). Nike Dri-Fit I also think works better than VeryCool if you have the right ones ...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know a lot of people have complained in the past about the smell due to bacteria build-up in the polyester shirts, including Nike Drifit.

Apparently the Climacool stuff from Adidas is more preferred, and remains drier than the Nike stuff.

Many people have also opined that the best is a poly-cotton blend fabric.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Anti-stink technology? I believe they call it deodorant . A proper one that is, not that useless spray on stuff that is only designed to cover up the stench, not prevent it in the first place
    Googled smartsilver.

http://www.smartsilver.com/

SmartSilver® is engineered to perform in even the most demanding textile environments, including athletic and health care apparel, home furnishings, and protective gear.
    SmartSilver’s proprietary nanotechnology multiplies the natural antimicrobial efficiency of silver so that smaller additive amounts result in outstanding antimicrobial protection.

SmartSilver binds directly to fibers to provide highly durable, continuous, effective, safe protection against bacteria, mold, and fungus that cause odor and material deterioration and that are found on infection-transmitting surfaces.

SmartSilver additives are EPA registered and Oeko-Tex® approved as non-toxic, with a Master Device File on record with the FDA. SmartSilver is Berry-compliant and easily integrates into both synthetic and natural fibers.

I do yoga sometimes and it's in some Lululemon clothing (yoga store in Vancouver).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally like the Victor ones, the Nike ones aren't bad, and the yonex ones aren't bad either, but the Victor ones are the best in terms of overall quality IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    I've had the same problem with smells on the shirt, I've been trying to soak shirts in water & detergent before washing to see if that can help get rid of the smell. It's light for now, but at some point, going to have to phase them out.
    I tried the same method as well, didnt really help....as u mentioned, i've phased out many of this drifit shirts becoz of the smells even though the shirt was still pretty new itself...sigh....quite waste of money, but luckily i always buy those on-sale offseason shirts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast