Looking for a good spare racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by charliebadders, Jul 22, 2011.

1. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    Currently i'm using a tantrum 200 and love playing with it, it suits my style so well. I'm a doubles player and basically an all rounder but my main asset is my speed. I'm looking for a good spare racket for when my string or racket breaks, any advice? looking to spend under £70, so my search is mainly aimed at apacs rackets but open to others. what are peoples opinion of the stern 330 compared with the tantrum 200?

2. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Y not get another Tantrum 200 since u love it so much ? :D

3. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    i dont have t200 and s330, but previously i had a s200, it was light, balance head and fast, good for double players who are mostly at front of the court. maybe visible hollow 2000/2020 is a good choice.

4. charliebadders

student
    i would get another one but thats boring :p i want something else to experiment with. Thankyou i will look up on the VH2000/2020 and stern200. any other suggestions?

5. charliebadders

student
    is the slayer 99/ 95 or the lethal 90 similar to the tantrum 200?

6. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    I am Tantrum 200 user... i love it. and i use victor brave sword 09 as my alternative racket.

for me both are even balance. T200 might be slightly head heavy though some say it's head heavy. while BS09 is really good even balance racket. The stiffness for T200 is stiff while BS09 is medium stiff.

When i wish to play attacking style(usually because opponent love to clear) I will use my T200. I think you'll agree this because we both know what T200 can do!
    When play defensive game (usually when i meet hard hitters, or when i exhausted) i will use BS09.

if you really wish to experiment, try to find racket which not similar spec with T200. otherwise, you will just feel like playing with the same racket.

7. qingshun

qingshun Regular Member

Well I have both tantrum 200 and tantrum 300. Seem to me that 300 is more head heavy and suit me me better. Just my two cents worth.