My new racket SUCKS!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by malaysianfreak, Jul 23, 2011.

1. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    hi everyone ..i recently lost my lethal 8 racket ..( last week , left at the court :mad:) so i used my bro's racket ...and oh my oh my it's a plain disaster ... for some reason i am having difficulty to make the shuttle hit the stringbed and sometime i totally off timed the stroke like seriously!! i never played this bad since ...like last year december!! not to mention my smash constantly...constantly hit the net ...it;s the first time i used this racket by the way ...so here's the spec

Racket --- lethal 8 (old) RSL M11 128 (new )
    Stiffness-- flexy medium stiff (both written on shaft)
    String/bls- BG66 24lbs (strung 4months) RSL ti-650 24lbs (strung 9 months )
    have a thinner shaft

according to my research the stiffness of the new racket had affected my timing right ? so if i used the racket for 1month or so all these problems will be solved ? cause if these symptoms presist i think i ma buy my friends RM50 raacket ..

2. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    Maybe the new racket head is heavier or lighter? You may need sometime to adjust your timing because you never use it before.

3. amleto

amleto Regular Member

it's far more likely to be a difference in head heavy/light balance than the flex. Flex might make you slightly miss time shots. slight loss of accuracy etc. different flex wont make you frame shots.

4. malaysianfreak

student
    ermm the old racket is blance more towards head light while the current one is balance and is more ...ermmm weird balance...just feels weird on my hand ...oh and the old racket has the apacs high speed frame ..

5. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Its probably the head heaviness that makes the differences. I used to have a head heavy, mid-flex racket and my accuracy wasnt that good with the combination of HH and flex shaft. But once I switched to a more even balanced and stiff racket, I play alot better. So its all about how the players adapt to the racket :)

6. malaysianfreak

student
    yea... i think imma buy my friends racket for rm70 ...it's a headlight racket and i just owned my friend with it 21-12