don't want to flood in by posting short threads

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by angelus_2012, May 13, 2003.

1. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

1 - i'm not quite sure about plastic birds.. i've seen shops selling them. is it that the plastic birds is the one with plastic feather and rubber heads (not cork)? why some people likes playing with plastic birds that the original cork head feather birds?

2 - sorry if this thread is repeated. if an isometric racket is strung with 2lbs difference, like 23 (M) -25 (C) , would the hitting style would be the same with an iso racket strung with a constant tension, e.g, 25lbs ?

3 - i've seen MP27, MP22, and MP77 (probably the Light version because it has a new Color).. the MP22 and MP27 does not have the region (SP,.etc) printed on the shaft, could these be fakes?
    what does they mean by Shock-less system on MP22 and MP27?

4 - did Yonex produced BG-7 before? Is this string the same as BG-70 Pro?

5 - I followed the link http://www.badmintontv.dk/tip.htm to see Peter Gade's trick shot against Gopi, but the streaming video is a crap, there's no trick shot but only talkings. where can i find a full downloadable movie for that trick shot?

2. Traum

Traum Regular Member

To answer your first quesiton about birdies, who wouldn't want to play with feather shuttles all the time? The prohibitive factor is of course $$.

Any decent nylon shuttle would use a cork head. Only the low-end stuff (such as the Yonex Mavis 7) would have a plastic/rubber head.

-Rick

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Answer to question 4

No BG-7

4. modious

modious Regular Member

I know it sounds funny Cheung but I saw BG-7 selling in S'pore shops recently!

Never heard of it before really. Don't know if it's fake or not but the packaging is the same as the BG-66, BG-85, etc.

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    think the peter gade trick shot has now been changed, as i set it to one of my favourites but have now lost it as when i go now it just has the tips for something or other. did anyone save it to their comp and could email it to us??? used to watch it constanly!sad.

6. Reynar

Reynar Regular Member

Student
    Re: question 3.

Do you mean no region code after the serial number? Or after the painted name? If it's there on the serial number but not after the big painted letters then it's probably not fake. I've only ever seen SP on the shaft I don't think other country codes are found anywhere except the serial number. But I could be wrong. It's just my personal experience.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Oh:eek: is it in any catelogue? That would confirm the authenticity..

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Are you sure about that? please double-check on that

9. Phil

Phil Regular Member

Lawyer
    Well, I don't know if the site is still up yet, but back when it was mentioned, there wre two links at the page, one was to the one you are talking about which has alot of talking, and the other was to the trick shot. I don't know Danish, but I think the first one is Gade is describing some sort of shot at the net where you swing first and then swing again to hit it, which is like deception.

Phil

10. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    press Se tidligere månedens tip
    click netfinte

danish is not more similar to english than chinese :p

11. modious

modious Regular Member

Yes I'm sure about that.

Many pple from this forum (mongoose, |r|s, swijaya0101, Merquis) were there with me on that day.

I didn't enquire about the string though. Will ask the shopkeeper next time I go there.

12. darwin

darwin Regular Member

bg-7

haha. guys. im very certain that bg-7 is not a clone. i saw it on a china website. but the performance isn that great after all. i saw bg 7 in many shops in singapore. they have a wide range of colors here. bgt - 70 pro is not kinda widely sold singapore. in fact i dun even find them here in sg. mayb bg 7 is another newer version of bg7 mayb they just rename it?

13. Realwingz birdZ

Realwingz birdZ New Member

There Is Bg-7 Stringz

FOR ALL U PPL OUT THERE THAT R WONDERING if there is a Yonex string BG-7.=) THERE is BG-7 string...cuz my raquet has that string...YES it is a BG 7! =)

14. Realwingz birdZ

Realwingz birdZ New Member

Bg 7 cont.

anywayz...i bought it in H.K. in Giga Sport...in this mall called Discovery or sumthing like that...it is in Tsuen Wan=)

15. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

You can just go to video.google.com and search up "peter gade" for the trick shot, and 23 / 25 is actually 25lbs, the crosses bring the mains tension up. the difference in the main/cross tension is just to prevent racquet head warping.