User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I have the same problem, especially when playing in 90%+ humidity, 28 degrees celcius.Hands became soaked making holding the racquet difficult.Towelling grip is the best - but needs replacing frequently.Resin pad is good - but alters the feeling of the hand and the grip.Eventually found Kimony grips (the original one from Japan). [Not the rip off 'Kimoni']Those grips are good but still have a problem.Eventually my solution was/is to have three same model racquets strung with the same string all of which I might use in the same session. So when one grip is too wet, I can just pick up another racquet out of my bag. (After drying my hands...)
    Dang! Have you looked into Botox injections? Could easily save you from buying all those extra rackets!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Dang! Have you looked into Botox injections? Could easily save you from buying all those extra rackets!
    Botox? Costs more than a racquet!! I'd rather have racquets

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    That is why there are towel grips in the market that cost up to only 1/3 the price of a PU grip (for example I use an Indonesian branded one that costs me 1/3 the price of Karakal Super PU grip and 1/2 the price of RKEP Ultimate grip). The cheap price is meant for you to replace it frequently!

One fact that a lot of people (especially those who sweat a lot and insist on eschewing towel grip) do not understand is that the PU grips do not last forever and mostly need monthly replacement! These PU grips are not waterproof like a lot of people erroneously think and your sweat still penetrates through to the foam inside and cause microbial growth just like it would on towel grip (the later one has been way exaggerated). If you're still feeling insecure then don't be lazy and wash your hands properly with anti-bacterial soap or use a hand sanitiser before you play.

In fact, the Yonex AC402DX JP towel grip (which is now available locally through Sunrise dealers/agents) costs 1/2 the price of a Karakal Super PU and approximately 2/3 (or less) the price of the RKEP Ultimate grip. So lets say you need to replace one PU grip in 1 month, you are then also replacing two of the Yonex towel grip in the same period of time so the cost is the same! Moreover the AC402DX JP has anti-bacterial treatment on it unlike the PU grips.
    Totally agree!

Two reasons for me not using towelling

1) Can't be bothered keep replacing so frequently

2) after getting wet with sweat and drying out, the diameter will change.

3) my preferred grip diameter has become smaller. If I use towelling grip, might need to shave the wood on the handle and my racquets are not very easily obtainable nowadays.

(oh, three reasons then.....)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree!

Two reasons for me not using towelling

1) Can't be bothered keep replacing so frequently
    That sounds like plain laziness to me, just like how a sweaty person who is too lazy to bring enough towels and shirts to use/change during play complaining about not being able to find a shirt that wicks sweat away good enough from the body to keep himself dry

The idea is, if you have a problem then fix it. There is no such thing as a real life (pardon me) 仙丹.

2) after getting wet with sweat and drying out, the diameter will change.

3) my preferred grip diameter has become smaller. If I use towelling grip, might need to shave the wood on the handle and my racquets are not very easily obtainable nowadays.

(oh, three reasons then.....)
    Okay.. these two I do not fully understand. Please reiterate in more detail?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    That sounds like plain laziness to me, just like how a sweaty person who is too lazy to bring enough towels and shirts to use/change during play complaining about not being able to find a shirt that wicks sweat away good enough from the body to keep himself dry

The idea is, if you have a problem then fix it. There is no such thing as a real life (pardon me) 仙丹.

Okay.. these two I do not fully understand. Please reiterate in more detail?
    yup, that's me. Too lazy to change the grips so frequently. But now, play in air con halls most of the the time so it's not really a problem.

2) For me, the towelling grip is soft at the start, after getting wet and dry a couple of times, it becomes more compact resulting in smaller diameter.

3) Towelling grip is thicker and not so easy to adjust diameter. (I don't like using the thick overgrips for the same reason)

4) but main reason is I can't be bothered changing back to using it again as I am happy with what I have now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, that's me. Too lazy to change the grips so frequently. But now, play in air con halls most of the the time so it's not really a problem.

2) For me, the towelling grip is soft at the start, after getting wet and dry a couple of times, it becomes more compact resulting in smaller diameter.

3) Towelling grip is thicker and not so easy to adjust diameter. (I don't like using the thick overgrips for the same reason)

4) but main reason is I can't be bothered changing back to using it again as I am happy with what I have now.
    My you sure are lucky to be able to play in air conditioned halls.. The places where I play at sometimes have faulty exhaust systems which is just bad

In terms of towel grip I find the currently-new-to-the-Sunrise-market's Yonex AC402DX JP a winner in a lot of areas. It is just as thin as a double layered thin overgrip and the fabric is already compact while being sufficiently fluffy and comfortable and is also very consistent in that it does not shrink at all or become too hard when it dries up after getting wet. It also has a quick-dry feature plus anti bacterial treatment on it. Last but not least it costs me 1/2 the price of Karakal Super PU which I used to change monthly (due to my fingers puncturing holes in the grip) and now I just change the AC402DX twice monthly (all that and it still costs me the same amount of money in the long run)

I really recommend those who have moved on from the towel grip to a PU one and is still not finding the later satisfactory enough to give the AC402DX a try.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll keep an eye out for that and can try it out. After all, it has enough differences from ordinary towelling to make it worth a try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2