User Tag List

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 222 to 238 of 589
  1. #222
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Kenko - it has the words sports and flooring in the BWF link.
    So what do I win??
    kenko makes mats, pvc mats I believe. What's your opinion on playing on kenko nagase mats?

  2. #223
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #224
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post
    kenko makes mats, pvc mats I believe. What's your opinion on playing on kenko nagase mats?
    Yonex mats are made by Kenko Nagase.

  4. #225
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just liked the name Kenko

  5. #226
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Yonex mats are made by Kenko Nagase.
    kwun, what's your opinion on playing on Yonex mats. I did consider using them, but obviously I won't be. Really suprised you havn't figured out who the flooring is by yet. Did my hint left on friday not lead anywhere?

  6. #227
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post
    kwun, what's your opinion on playing on Yonex mats. I did consider using them, but obviously I won't be. Really suprised you havn't figured out who the flooring is by yet. Did my hint left on friday not lead anywhere?
    Yonex Mats are great. they are like rough sandpaper, grippy and feels very pro.

    the issue with Yonex Mats are :

    - longevity. a local club has Yonex mats and with high traffic, they are in really bad shape after a few years. lines are worn, all sandpaper quality gone, now just bare smooth rubbery surface.
    - Yonex mats are what they are, mats. they only provide a good playing surface and need an underlying layer to provide suspension.

    haven't been spending a lot of energy on the search. maybe someone can take up the fun/honor instead of me?

  7. #228
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Yonex Mats are great. they are like rough sandpaper, grippy and feels very pro.

    the issue with Yonex Mats are :

    - longevity. a local club has Yonex mats and with high traffic, they are in really bad shape after a few years. lines are worn, all sandpaper quality gone, now just bare smooth rubbery surface.
    - Yonex mats are what they are, mats. they only provide a good playing surface and need an underlying layer to provide suspension.

    haven't been spending a lot of energy on the search. maybe someone can take up the fun/honor instead of me?
    okay kwun

    here goes another hint. Badminton Vancouver's flooring will be provided by a company with a long and established reputation. They've been chosen to provide sports flooring to the world's premier sporting competition 9 times consecutively.

  8. #229
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post
    okay kwun, you've been patient, here's a clue

    a brand of two-part putty manufactured by 3M

    for those that are too lazy

    http://tinyurl.com/3tpfku9
    hint from friday and a list of bwf approved equipment suppliers

    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14898
    Last edited by bad-vancouver; 08-30-2011 at 01:15 AM. Reason: addendum

  9. #230
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post
    hint from friday and a list of bwf approved equipment suppliers

    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14898
    well damn it. why can't they have webpages in English!

  10. #231
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.facebook.com/#!/badminton...pp_79458893817

    We're at 52 entries, only 50 winning spots available. No more shoe ins

  11. #232
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Name:  postcardpic1.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  39.8 KB

    you should be seeing these postcards around town shortly

  12. #233
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you are very very good at promo... i can't wait for the opening xD

  13. #234
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We can now be found on google maps

    http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?q=b...34961174300269

    Please don't forget to enter the contest

  14. #235
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,370
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One other thing is to have available ice packs or ice compression packs for sprains and injuries.

  15. #236
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,035
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winex West Can View Post
    One other thing is to have available ice packs or ice compression packs for sprains and injuries.
    AHEM! Are you using me as an example?

  16. #237
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    AHEM! Are you using me as an example?
    No no no. He's talking about some old guy. Not a young pup like yourself.

  17. #238
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,035
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    No no no. He's talking about some old guy. Not a young pup like yourself.
    OK, that confirms it. He IS talking about me. I'll fix on on Sunday

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    : 10-09-2011, 07:35 PM
  2. Badminton Lessons in Vancouver
    By dingdonglo in forum Canada West
    Replies: 6
    : 08-02-2007, 02:45 AM
  3. Badminton in Vancouver over the Holidays
    By ViningWolff in forum Canada West
    Replies: 12
    : 03-12-2007, 09:36 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    : 11-29-2005, 09:11 PM
  5. Looking for Badminton Lessons in Vancouver
    By TTT in forum Canada West
    Replies: 15
    : 09-14-2005, 01:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •