User Tag List

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^^ Not exactly exciting for the other x-50 people who didn't win.
    There's going to be plenty of other exciting stuff during the grand opening. I can't predict the future, but there's a good chance of meeting Anna at Badminton Vancouver in the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The premier 50 contest event was a great success, was so great to meet some BCers. I would truly appreciate some of your feedback on what you liked and what you think needed improvement. We're are always working to make your badminton experience top notch and your feedback really does help with that. Anyways, I hope all you contest winners had a great time and I do look forward to seeing you in the near future.

sincerely,

Derrick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  softopening.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  65.9 KB

Early in the day of Badminton Vancouver's soft opening for friends and family. The turnout was absolutely fantastic later in the day. Thank you all for coming and stay tuned for more info about the grand opening.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there going to be some benches or are people gonna sit on the floors on the sides? I guess people waiting for the middle courts are SOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  bcer.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  58.1 KB

any BC'ers in this pic?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post

Early in the day of Badminton Vancouver's soft opening for friends and family. The turnout was absolutely fantastic later in the day. Thank you all for coming and stay tuned for more info about the grand opening.
    Looks nice except end to end the courts look a bit close. What's the distance between them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Looks nice except end to end the courts look a bit close. What's the distance between them?
    True, I can see some back line smashes bouncing off the floor and into the back of the other court

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My main beef is that curtains could be lower

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As I've mentioned before in the first few pages, it's a pity that a rather tight 4x3 court layout was chosen. It just means that there'll be stray birds coming in all directions, not to mention distractions from people walking down the rather narrow paths that separate the adjacent courts as there is no dedicated path to take in order to go from one end of the place to the other end.

Sorry to be blunt, but I can't envision our weekly groups moving from RichPro and ACE to here.
    Last edited by visor; 06-13-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the ping pong tables in the back were not there...you'd gain a few feet between each courts...at least on the ends. Not much you can do about the sides.

I dive for shots sometimes. I shudder to think what would happen if I dove head first or stumble and smack myself into the support beams. I don't even see any padding to prevent possible injury. Could be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Or I might even destroy my racket by hitting the support beams because it's so close to the courts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was there on Tuesday. Had a great time. For those complaining about running into stuff and diving for shots, improve your foot work and positioning.

The floor is top quality and has a lot of traction. Try it out before passing judgement. I don't recommend diving for anything. You won't slide like an all purpose gym. This isn't volleyball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also could you put a bench in the change room? I like to sit down when I change into court shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also could you put a bench in the change room? I like to sit down or prop my feet up when I change into court shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Hi Cheung, I believe its 6 feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thumpsky View Post
    My main beef is that curtains could be lower
    thanks thumpsky, feedback like this is helpful, the curtains I can certainly work on

thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    As I've mentioned before in the first few pages, it's a pity that a rather tight 4x3 court layout was chosen. It just means that there'll be stray birds coming in all directions, not to mention distractions from people walking down the rather narrow paths that separate the adjacent courts as there is no dedicated path to take in order to go from one end of the place to the other end.

Sorry to be blunt, but I can't envision our weekly groups moving from RichPro and ACE to here.
    sorry to hear visor, would have loved to have seen you around on a regular basis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    If the ping pong tables in the back were not there...you'd gain a few feet between each courts...at least on the ends. Not much you can do about the sides.

I dive for shots sometimes. I shudder to think what would happen if I dove head first or stumble and smack myself into the support beams. I don't even see any padding to prevent possible injury. Could be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Or I might even destroy my racket by hitting the support beams because it's so close to the courts.
    thanks for your feedback CD. The steel support beams are getting some custom foam padding, they're on their way and will be installed in the next couple of days. The table tennis area will be getting a barrier of course to make it seperate from badminton. As for changing the layout, unfortunately, having a permanent floor as opposed to roll out mats doesn't make it a possibility at the moment.

I think a few people caused some damage to their raquets on Sunday, based on the chipped paint on the net posts I found, I suppose I could consider padding even the net posts.