User Tag List

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Hehe, that's cute.

When's guys night?
    Its every other night madbad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    Supervise, Supervise Supervise. If you don't supervise them closely you get a lot of players abusing drop ins. One other thing you might want to do is emphasize that it is drop in. If you want to play with your foursome and there are four open slots? Cool. If not then you fill those slots. That means if there are 2 spaces open, two of you take those spots. If you want to just play with the same foursome all night, go book a court.
    It was a pleasure to finally meet you tonight thunder, hoping to see you around lots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What about hookup nights for single guys and gals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    We'll see Pete, somthin to think about for the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  ladies.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  65.4 KB

This was taken at 6:20, first 20 minutes of ladies night and the place was full

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    What does it matters, Pete? You are not in town anyway, btw, when will be the next trip back in town?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talked to my regular Sunday morning recreational group about switching from C1 to BV. Prices are sooooo much better for the time we play. The only sticking point is that we have 5-6 rugrats (4yr-7yr) running around (hard to keep them still for 2 hrs) on an empty adjacent court or rest/sitting area. Have to check BV if there would be space available for the little ones that would be suitable (Mezzanine?). Unfortunately with kids...it's a deal-breaker sometimes. But if it could work...it'd save me (and my friends) 10min of drive time and $$. And we'd be customer's for life (...going on 8yrs every Sunday at C1).

We'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post
    It was a pleasure to finally meet you tonight thunder, hoping to see you around lots
    Likewise, you've got a real nice gym. I was skeptical when I first heard from friends that had been there before but their complaints are completely unfounded.

Being a bit of a no nonsense type of player I listened to stories about you playing music with a shake of my head but, after playing there I can honestly say that during play I was completely unaware of it. I would hazard to guess that if you approached anyone complaining about the music and asked them to identify the music that was playing while they were on court they would be unable to do so. As I mentioned, I found the lighting a bit dim but it sounds like you have plans to address this. The floor is awesome.

Either way, for anyone living outside of Richmond this place is a no brainer. I live in Richmond Center but with your current prices it's well worth my while to make the trip.

The only issue for me is people to play with. It looks like you got a pretty good turnout for ladies night so maybe I'll swing by and check out the next one. Hopefully the other drop in times will fill up. Let me know if there is a particular night with a good turn out, and I'll be making a regular appearance. In that vein, if there are any regular groups out there with room for a middle-aged hacker, speak up.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Talked to my regular Sunday morning recreational group about switching from C1 to BV. Prices are sooooo much better for the time we play. The only sticking point is that we have 5-6 rugrats (4yr-7yr) running around (hard to keep them still for 2 hrs) on an empty adjacent court or rest/sitting area. Have to check BV if there would be space available for the little ones that would be suitable (Mezzanine?). Unfortunately with kids...it's a deal-breaker sometimes. But if it could work...it'd save me (and my friends) 10min of drive time and $$. And we'd be customer's for life (...going on 8yrs every Sunday at C1).

We'll see.
    Easy! Just book courts 3 and 6 which are the closest to the mezzanine, then stick your kids up there with the flat screen tv tuned to TeleToons and you're all set!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Easy! Just book courts 3 and 6 which are the closest to the mezzanine, then stick your kids up there with the flat screen tv tuned to TeleToons and you're all set!
    i have the same exact thoughts!

my 5/7 yrs old are superglued to the TV once we start Tom & Jerry. even crowbar won't pull them away.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

my 5/7 yrs old are superglued to the TV once we start Tom & Jerry. even crowbar won't pull them away.
    Lol! My kids too. What'll our generation ever do without the tv nanny?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

Lol! My kids too. What'll our generation ever do without the tv nanny?
    The ipad nanny

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    The ipad nanny
    Umm... I'm ashamed to say that I got that too...
    And they're really making good use out of it during these summer holidays.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Umm... I'm ashamed to say that I got that too...
    And they're really making good use out of it during these summer holidays.
    my 7 yrs old can find all the gundam and star wars shows on youtube better than me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post

We'll see.
    For the rugrats, yes, we have the mezzanine viewing lounge with 2 bigscreen LED TVs they could watch, I'm sure there's something good on satellite they would like. The lounge would probably be the best bet as I don't think I could promise you an empty adjacent court for long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    Likewise, you've got a real nice gym. I was skeptical when I first heard from friends that had been there before but their complaints are completely unfounded.

Being a bit of a no nonsense type of player I listened to stories about you playing music with a shake of my head but, after playing there I can honestly say that during play I was completely unaware of it. I would hazard to guess that if you approached anyone complaining about the music and asked them to identify the music that was playing while they were on court they would be unable to do so. As I mentioned, I found the lighting a bit dim but it sounds like you have plans to address this. The floor is awesome.

Either way, for anyone living outside of Richmond this place is a no brainer. I live in Richmond Center but with your current prices it's well worth my while to make the trip.

The only issue for me is people to play with. It looks like you got a pretty good turnout for ladies night so maybe I'll swing by and check out the next one. Hopefully the other drop in times will fill up. Let me know if there is a particular night with a good turn out, and I'll be making a regular appearance. In that vein, if there are any regular groups out there with room for a middle-aged hacker, speak up.
    Ladies was pretty packed thunder, if you need people to play with, I'd be more than happy to loan out another southpaw to give you a good workout. If you're really itching for a good challenge, perhaps I can loan out my program director for a quick match. I've got a few exciting ideas on how to make sure there is always somebody waiting to have a good game with somebody who just drops in. As for some of the other issues, like I said, Badminton Vancouver is far from perfect, but my ears are always open to constructive feedback, its how we make things better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you already memorized the court layout visor?