User Tag List

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 589
  1. #35
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    given those clue, then the only possibility in my mind would be a suspended wood flooring with court mats on top. similar to OCBC type flooring which is absolutely the best type of flooring for badminton and also be international tournament worthy as well. i hope i am not disappointed.
    kwun, I have actually explored this option. I have in fact explored most flooring options. As well as enhancing the playing experience, I wanted the floor to be pleasing to look at. There are no court mats to be found at Badminton Vancouver.
    Let your imaginations run wild

  2. #36
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Yuk Yuk...



    Not exactly Vancouver if it's located in Richmond.

    Until the city of Richmond sells me Mitchell island so that I can correct this technicality, I'm afraid Mitchell island will technically be Richmond. Although most people assume Mitchell island is part of Vancouver due to its much closer proximity to Vancouver than the Richmond side. As I've said earlier, the sign can only be seen from Vancouver.

  3. #37
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    How many courts available?

    Also are you planning on expanding to Burnaby (North) or North Van?
    Wouldn't mind something closer to home.
    CanucksDynasty, there are no courts available, we're still in the contruction phase...

    All kidding aside, the facility is 18,000 square feet, but who says there's only badminton courts.

  4. #38
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,919
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post
    CanucksDynasty, there are no courts available, we're still in the contruction phase...

    All kidding aside, the facility is 18,000 square feet, but who says there's only badminton courts.
    18,000... sq ft... so 10 courts?

  5. #39
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post
    kwun, I have actually explored this option. I have in fact explored most flooring options. As well as enhancing the playing experience, I wanted the floor to be pleasing to look at. There are no court mats to be found at Badminton Vancouver.
    Let your imaginations run wild
    in situ rubber over the layers of foundation of wood and coir?
    Is there a deeper base strata of sand and coal mixture?

  6. #40
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,366
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    No court mats?! That must mean floating hardwood floor, much like VRC.

  7. #41
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    in situ rubber over the layers of foundation of wood and coir?
    Is there a deeper base strata of sand and coal mixture?
    I think I understand the "in situ rubber" part, I think for badminton a poured urethane system would be more economical. We aren't using a poured system flooring.

  8. #42
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cappy75 View Post
    Wow! The location is almost perfect. I am more curious about the flooring, especially the shock absorption aspect of it. Lighting would be the next concern. I might stop my VRC membership if I like what I see.
    cappy, I'm glad you like the location. The courts will be lit up with T5 high output fluorescents.

  9. #43
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Name:  Badminton-Vancouver2.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  54.3 KB

    a picture for those of you who are not fans of the facebook page www.facebook.com/badminton.vancouver

  10. #44
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post
    I think I understand the "in situ rubber" part, I think for badminton a poured urethane system would be more economical. We aren't using a poured system flooring.
    So are you using the interlocking PU floor system?

  11. #45
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,919
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    So are you using the interlocking PU floor system?
    no!!!! those are terrible. ala SGVBC style.

  12. #46
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,919
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post
    Name:  Badminton-Vancouver2.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  54.3 KB

    a picture for those of you who are not fans of the facebook page www.facebook.com/badminton.vancouver
    i see. so back to the basic. 70s Sidek brother Malaysian ghetto style, concrete flooring. wooden pole and a string at the net!

  13. #47
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i see. so back to the basic. 70s Sidek brother Malaysian ghetto style, concrete flooring. wooden pole and a string at the net!
    LOL!
    But you know that's the "before" pic!

  14. #48
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i see. so back to the basic. 70s Sidek brother Malaysian ghetto style, concrete flooring. wooden pole and a string at the net!
    the photo was taken about 1.5 months ago. What do you find is so bad with the polyurethane interlocking tiles?

  15. #49
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    no!!!! those are terrible. ala SGVBC style.
    But its still PU, eh? Then its got to be something like regugym if as bad-voucouver says, its not mats, and not in-situ...

  16. #50
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,919
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post
    the photo was taken about 1.5 months ago. What do you find is so bad with the polyurethane interlocking tiles?
    they are quite ghetto looking. and they move around and warp. i was at SG2 a couple of weeks ago and they already have a few places where the tiles bulging up. they also need padding underneath as they themselves sitting directly on concrete will be quite stiff.

  17. #51
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    they are quite ghetto looking. and they move around and warp. i was at SG2 a couple of weeks ago and they already have a few places where the tiles bulging up. they also need padding underneath as they themselves sitting directly on concrete will be quite stiff.
    then my flooring could not be polyurethane interlocking tiles as the badminton vancouver floor needs to be pleasing to the eyes. Agreed on the padding anytime there is concrete involved.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    : 10-09-2011, 07:35 PM
  2. Badminton Lessons in Vancouver
    By dingdonglo in forum Canada West
    Replies: 6
    : 08-02-2007, 02:45 AM
  3. Badminton in Vancouver over the Holidays
    By ViningWolff in forum Canada West
    Replies: 12
    : 03-12-2007, 09:36 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    : 11-29-2005, 09:11 PM
  5. Looking for Badminton Lessons in Vancouver
    By TTT in forum Canada West
    Replies: 15
    : 09-14-2005, 01:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •