Original official players shirts!!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by wristskills, Aug 3, 2011.

1. wristskills

wristskills Regular Member

store-manager
    Hello badminton fans,

I was wondering if there is a site where they offer official shirts from players (not the collection shirts you can buy online)....
    Maybe sometimes on ebay, but I do not see any??!!

Is there a chance to buy them or should you just ask the players on big tournaments yourself?? Maybe that is the only chance to achieve a shirt. Does anyone have the experience that they talked to the players themselves and asked for a official t-shirt??

Maybe the coach/or yonex sponsor don't allow them to give them away???
    Please react, next week I am visiting the world championships in London....

Bye,bye

2. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    why would you want one ? there are some on ebay with the national flag and sponsor logo on ....the name you had to print yourself

3. wristskills

wristskills Regular Member

store-manager
    Well, it's nice to have an original shirt worn by top players ain't it??

Can you tell me where to look on ebay because I don't see any yonex shirts with national logo's!!
    Indeed you can print on a shirt yourself but that's pretty fake...

Bye

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    this is one aspect where the brands/manufacturers has really failed in marketing. i imagine a LOT of people would wear jerseys with their player's style and name printed at the back. fans of soccer, ice hockey, football, basketball do that all the time. they are proud of their idols and they want to dress like them. it is very understandable.

in badminton however, there are a few different issues.

jerseys are firstly not readily available, and not easy to find. in a few Asian countries we can find them but only in small number of stores. secondly they usually only have the same style but they don't have the player's name printed. a handful of stores do offer service to iron on the names but then it is not authentic anymore. and thirdly the style changes too often. most other professional teams have a new jersey every season so it is easy to keep track of stocks to keep for the stores. but for badminton, teams changes jersey style as they wish and stores risks getting outdated stocks. that's a problem on itself and may explain why stores don't stock these items regularly nor in quantity.

5. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

they really need to come out with country shirts... like having the shirts without the names... just the country. Something like the coaches wear... they need to market those out lol pretty sure there are a lot of people that would buy and wear them.

6. Barca

Barca Regular Member

Kwun, I agree with you on the frequent change of national team jersey. They should change the design every 6 months rather than every single month or when there is a major tournament coming up. You will find many people wearing the same shirt in the club if the design only change once a year. Yes, I bet the sales of shirts will increase if they tap on this and also making it easily available to all the diehard fans.

7. milzy

milzy Regular Member

No...........