about the weight of Karakal M-TEC 70

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by editor132, Aug 7, 2011.

1. editor132

editor132 Regular Member

I have karakal M-TEC 70 gel(5U even balance)2011-12model.
    When i swing or grab it, i feel as if it were some 3U racket.
    i have also 4U racket (PSN1300 top light).
    Using the PSN1300, i feel PSN1300 is absolutely lighter than tec70.

Are there people who feel m-tec70 is heavy?

2. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Karakal rackets are always about 5g heavier than their stated weights, just because they don't include the weight of the grip (other brands usually do). And then of course, that's only the average frame weight, so any individual racket might be up to about 3g lighter or heavier. If you happened to get a relatively heavy one it could easily be around 78-79g, which is very close to 4U weight.

One of the online retailers in the UK actually measures all their rackets under standard conditions (ie. always strung, with the original grip) to make up for the differences in the way different brands classify things like weight and flex.
    They don't sell the MTec-70, but they do have other Karakal rackets. According to them, the Karakal Tour Lite Gel weighs in at 92g (8g more than the weight given by Karakal themselves). On the other hand, the Ashaway T5SQ weighs 81g (just 3g more than the weight given by Ashaway).

The Mtec-70 also has a head-heavy balance point, whereas the PSN1300 is very head-light. That would easily be enough to make up for the small difference in weight.

3. editor132

editor132 Regular Member

oh..dear
    karakal deceived me..

anyway i really appreciate you, thank you so much :)