Li-ning N90 II Please tell me if it genuine guys

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by pnhoang, Aug 7, 2011.

1. pnhoang

pnhoang Regular Member

It does not have serial number at the T joint. Please any feedback will be appreciate. Thanks.

IMG_1230.jpg IMG_1233.jpg IMG_1234.jpg IMG_1236.jpg IMG_1237.jpg IMG_1238.jpg IMG_1241.jpg IMG_1242.jpg IMG_1243.jpg IMG_1244.jpg IMG_1245.jpg IMG_1246.jpg

2. pnhoang

pnhoang Regular Member

It is quite confusing and not enough info for Genuine N90 II. No one has any opinion? I also has another N90 II also absolutely no idea how legitimate is it. Here is the pictures, please give me some feedback
    IMG_9420.jpg IMG_9421.jpg IMG_9425.jpg IMG_9426.jpg IMG_9427.jpg IMG_9428.jpg IMG_9429.jpg IMG_9430.jpg

3. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
  4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

On genuine Li Ning N90 and N90 II, the golden "LI NING" wording on the cone and most of the minor golden graphical details on the shaft are security-holographic and will reflect a rainbow spectrum when shone under light at varying angles. The counterfeits will just stay statically golden in colour.

It seems to me both your racquets you shown do have that genuine character, especially at the cone.

5. williamgoh

williamgoh Regular Member

Factory
    My opinion ... 1st N90II (old logo) is genuine while the 2nd N90II (new logo) is a fake. Your N90II with new logo have SUNLIGHT hologram sticker ?

6. pnhoang

pnhoang Regular Member

Thanks Rocker, I do aware of the new and old logo and the website to check serial number.
    With the logos shown we can not tell if the 2 racquet are genuine.
    Serial check I do not believe much because all online li-ning N90 II racquet range from $40US to $250US claim to be genuine by checking serial number on official website.

By the way both racquets have genuine serial number checked.

Thanks Blitzzards,
    Racquet #1 I got from a trusted retailer for li-ning.
    Racquet #2 I got from ebay seller big.show414 which every on here well aware of or allways think of as fake racquet seller.

That is why I am still confuse of the genuine status of these N90 II racquets. Anymore ideas on this issue guys please help to clear my doubts. Thanks.

7. williamgoh

Factory
    As I know, some fake racquet also can be checked using the site given. So I think this site is not the best way to identify fake or genuine racquet. Correct me if Im wrong.

8. pnhoang

pnhoang Regular Member

Williamgoh, It does not has SUNLIGHT hologram sticker. But is it a hard evidence that it is not genuine? Thanks

9. williamgoh

Factory
    Ya, actually with SUNLIGHT hologram sticker = original. But without SUNLIGHT hologram sticker doesnt means fake. Anyway, Im saying that your N90II (new logo) is fake because you can see a weak paint-job in your 1st picture (I means the line). Other that that, I think you should compare the gold paint on the racquet ..... any different between these 2 racquet ??? If Im not mistaken a N90II with new logo doesnt have code on the shaft (near the T-joint area). Anybody can give more info about it?

10. Blitzzards

Well, it just seems to me that the second racquet had a little bit of holographic detail, but since you have both racquets you are definitely a way better judge than me as someone who is only making indefinite conclusions from the random pictures you posted. The genuine racquet should have a much higher quality holographic detail compared to the counterfeit one.

I forgot to mention that the sticker at the bottom cap which indicates the grip size can also give an indication to the genuineness of the racquet. The second one's is way too crudely cut and printed compared to the genuine one's.

11. pnhoang

pnhoang Regular Member

With my naked eyes :) seriously I can not spot a clear differrent on the paint job on the 2 racquets. If the 2nd one is fake ( I know a lot of ppls saying it is from Bigshow yeah it is fake :) ) It is a perfect immitation of N90 II. Any other inputs guys, please.

12. pnhoang

pnhoang Regular Member

Thanks Blitzzards, I do notice that S2 stickers with the diffrrent fonts too ( racquet #1 seem to be the correct font but I am not sure if #2 racquet with new logo with the new font or not), again it is not a definite prove that 2nd racquet is fake, or is it?

13. Blitzzards

In fact, it seems to me that the simplest part such as the sticker is actually the hardest for counterfeiters to replicate, for some reason. On every fake Li Ning racquet I have personally handled, the grip size sticker always has a slightly odd look to it especially when you compare it to a Li Ning racquet which you are completely sure if genuine. This is also the same for the Yonex racquets when the weight and grip size specifications were printed on a sticker before 2009. It seems to me that the counterfeiters are just not able to pay enough detailed attention to the simple sticker. Genuine Yonex racquets all have laser inscribed weight and grip size specification on the cone now.

The other sure fire way to tell the genuineness of a Li Ning racquet is to completely remove the original grip and check the wooden handle. The genuine ones all have a Phillip screw near the top (which screws the wood to the shaft) and also an ink chop which indicates the manufacturing date of the racquet, written in Chinese.

14. pnhoang

pnhoang Regular Member

The wooden handle would be a good way to identify the fake racquet, but usually we do not go that far to check. I have to say that by looking at the apperance of the #2 racquet I have no clue if it is fake or not regardless of where I got it from. I am still working out the way of identify the li-ning fake racquet. If anyone knows please let us know, it is very helpful to know since these racquets are quite pricy.

15. ChoMama

ChoMama Regular Member

UPDATE : You can buy a racket on TAOBAO for 150 RMB and the serial on it will pass the verification site. IT IS FAKE. I don't know how they do it but yeah, and also the fake N90 II i bought came at a price of 2k which sounds more right than the one you have sir.