ever played a 30-29 game before?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by thumpsky, Aug 9, 2011.

1. thumpsky

thumpsky Regular Member

Student
    I think that would be the most epic thing ever :crying:

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yes, i played it before. Both singles and doubles. It was crazy and awesome. The feeling is totally satisfied if i win. If lost, i will be sad..:D

3. nbonkowsky

nbonkowsky Regular Member

Athlete/Coach
    I played a29-29 next point wins in singles at a tournament around 4 years ago (2007). It was inthe 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] game and a point/moment I still remember to this day. Iserved and my opponent played a net shot, I played a net shot back and it rolledover the net then my opponent played a net shot and rolled back my net roll. Iplayed a crosscourt net shot back but it landed in the doubles ally and I lostthe match. I always wonder what if I would have tried to lift or something butoh well, what a way to finish it off.

On Monday thisweek I won a game and the match 29-27 so sort of close once again. But a30-29 game has only happened once and I was on the losing end of it. Next timemaybe things will be different.

4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    yes I played it before, but I lost due to distraction
    a bird from another court fall on my court and they shouted saying sorry, I lost my concentration and I also lost the game..

#4 Avenger, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  5. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    what a match!

i wonder if any world class pro player had a chance to play until the very end of this scoring system. if any, can anyone post the video here...

6. Line & Length

Line & Length Regular Member

I've had 3 or 4 since the scoring switch. All but one were poor games where no-one could get over the line. Can't say I was particularly elated with the ones I won & was obviously unimpressed with the ones I lost.

The only good game wasn't technically a 30-29. It was a best of 3 and the first 2 were 21-23 & 24-22. The 3rd was a tie-breaker, being first to 11 with no setting. After some epic rallies, my partner served at 10-all. Sadly, it hit the tape and came back. My strongest feeling about it was that it was a shame that such a great game ended on such a poor (non-)rally.

7. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    did play a game 29-30 before i lost sadly...but what hurt the most is that i am pretty certain i can win the game ...but i lost 29-30 ...

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've played several, and I served the last point on one of them - there's no other pressure like THAT in the game.

9. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

i'd played a game 29-30..in an open championship(in the first round)...however, the last point was misjudged by the linesman likes LCW's situation in AE2010..
    the game was so stressful when the deuce points begins..the match was epic(in my life) and the spectators are excited and watch my match until the last point..many of them praised my match. They said it was like a final match. LOL..
    so the full result is 22-20, 19-21,29-30..sad enough. :)

10. thumpsky

thumpsky Regular Member

Student
    my dream match: fu hai feng/cai yu VS JJS/LYD

3rd game, world championships in England (birthplace of badminton)

30-29 for the korean team

11. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    This almost already happened if you remember the WC 2009 in the final where CHN won 28-26 in the last game on very high quality play. Of course it wasn't in England though, but it's as close as you're going to get to your dream match =p. You might have already seen it though since your dream match is so close to it haha.

I've had one game go to 30-29 in a 3 set men's doubles friendly match. I actually don't remember it all that well but it wasn't a particularly exciting match because each pair made a mistake on game point so no one really could win until it was 29-all. Other than that I've had a couple 28-26 wins that were pretty exciting for doubles when people were actually playing well. Lots of stress during serving after each team has 20 points in any game, I'll tell you that. A lot of my low serves tend to go into the net at that point because I try to make the low serve too good.