what's the most emotion you ever showed during a game? have you ever cried?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by thumpsky, Aug 9, 2011.

1. thumpsky

thumpsky Regular Member

Student
    just curious...

2. visor

visor Regular Member

No, but I shouted the F word and almost punched a whole in the gyproc wall! I think the whole gym stopped and looked at me. :eek: .... That was when we were in the middle of a long and hard fought doubles rally and a shuttle from the next court landed beside me. Played for a few more shots, then when I thought I was clear, I pushed the bird out of the court, only to have my opponents hit a shot back at me at that time. Dang was I mad! Mostly at myself for not calling a let due to court distraction. :(. Now I know better.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Does the opposite count ;)?

4. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Usually just... "F***, sorry my bad".

And I trash talk my friends after the point. It's funny cuz they trash talk back.

For example...

Me: "What's the matter? My smash too hard for you?"
    Friend: "It was going so slow that I missed it".

Friend: "Couldn't get that one?"
    Me: "Nah...just thought it would land out like it always does. This is just the exception that proves the rule".

:p

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have never cried, probably the most emotion I have shown is in a local tournament (non ranking event) I played this guy in the QF who goes to my club, I don't like him and he doesn't like me, to the point where he will never shake my hand at the end of a match anymore. (fell out over something pathetic, and it just got out of control) we usually had close games in training, so I felt it was winnable. Went into the match gave 100% won the first game 21-7 second game was like 21-16. I was so happy, he was talking loudly about how he was going to beat me and stuff, to his doubles partner, so it just motivated me more to go out and thrash him.:D after the match I threw my racket in the air, and screamed SOOOOOOO as loud as possible.:p (usually I shout it, just this was 10x louder) and then punched the air, he walked off, threw his racket at the ground, and didn't shake my hand. Didn't expect him to really... Lost in the final though :(

6. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I'm going to guess that was at Yumo?

7. visor

visor Regular Member

No, ACE... I've never played at any other gym with courts that are only 1.5 feet apart from each other! :mad:

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    tons of those here where gym owners try to squeeze in as many courts as possible with expensive real estates

9. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Actually in the case of ACE it's due to the placement on the building's support columns. There simply isn't room between the posts to allow for a comfortable space between two courts. It's one thing to try and squeeze an extra court or two into a gym but the only other choice at ACE would be to cut the number of courts in half.

I'm looking forward to seeing how a purpose built building for badminton compares to the typical wharehouse converts on my next visit to Vancouver.

My guess of Yumo was based on some very large holes in the sheet rock I saw a year or two ago. I didn't notice any damage at ACE last time I was there.

#9 thunder.tw, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  10. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, that's true of the unfortunate placement of the load bearing columns.

At ACE, there are already several large holes in the gyproc wall that are covered by a simple piece of green 8.5x11 paper! Not from me of course! :p

11. viver

viver Regular Member

I have played in all of these badminton courts in Richmond and my feeling is that ACE is the gentlest to my knees. Unfortunately the courts are too close to my liking. I have seen players running into adjacent courts during play which could be a safety concern.

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, our group likes ACE for that reason too, and hate it for the other reason too! :crying:

VRC has an excellent suspended wood floor. Much better than ACE's floor.
    I hope the new Badminton Vancouver floor can match that.

13. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    I have seen a teenager cry (16 yrs old) from losing in the semis at a comp he was sure he would win. It was jus quiet crying for a couple mins in his seat.

Seen plenty of anger like yelling, throwing rackets even to the point of breaking them lol

14. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

no leh... never cry b4.... even though i lost alot...

guess..i never take losts too seriously..

15. asianguy

asianguy Regular Member

student
    Played mixed doubles game against another school, nerves got so bad I couldn't get any of my shots right. Felt terrible for letting the school team down and was trying really hard to hold back the anger/fustration/tears.

16. addicted

addicted Regular Member

Hahaha, omg, I always swear like a sailor when I play a game of any kind (whether it's a sport, a PC game, cards or anything like that). I am not really sure why, but it creates some funny situations (I try to refrain myself from swearing during matches and important games, but I have been there on occasion when I do sound like an absolute sailor). :D

17. alexh

alexh Regular Member

I remember watching a very tense singles game between two closely matched players. One was shouting F--- this and F--- that throughout the match. The other was staying quiet, but you could see from his face that the tension was building. Eventually the quiet one missed an easy shot and it was all too much for him...he exploded...shouted at the top of his voice..."Oh GOLLY!" All the spectators collapsed in fits of laughter.

18. thumpsky

thumpsky Regular Member

Student
    are you an emotional player? what emotion works best?

for me I play best when I'm behind. I need to feel slightly pissed off and aggressive, whereas other people perhaps prefer to be calm.

what say you?