Taipei Badminton

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by evelynhu, Aug 10, 2011.

1. evelynhu

evelynhu Regular Member

If anyone will be comint to Taipei, there's a great place in Taipei City to play badminton and it is quite convenient to get to.
    You can play one off or join badminton social teams to play :)

Here's the Address for the badminton shop and the facility:
    Champion Sports
    7Floor, No. 1 HsinYi Road, Section 1, Taipei City, Taiwan
    Telephone: +886-2-2392-8099
    Email: championstar99@yahoo.com.tw

ZhongZheng Sports Center
    No. 1 HsinYi Road, Section 1, Taipei City, Taiwan

It is about 5minute walking distance from 2 popular MRT stations. The facility is a city owned sport center with 5 badminton courts, and a lot of other indoor sports facilities such as archery, basketball, golf, table tennis, swimming pool, etc. They charge quite reasonably for court usage, it's air conditioned. Oh, another plus, is that there's a badminton shop right on the floor where the courts are at. They sell all badminton related products and accessories. Racket prices are very reasonable as well. They sell Yonex, Victor, Flypower, MMOA, Fleet, etc. It's worth the visit :D Have fun when in Taipei! ​

2. vanijuloen

vanijuloen New Member

Hello,
    We will be in Taipei in August. Do they have kids session at ZhongZheng Sports Center ?
    Thanks

3. evelynhu

evelynhu Regular Member

Hi,Yes, they have kids session badminton summer camp all throughout July and August. When will you be arriving Taipei in August? Badminton lessons are available on weekdays and weekends. Should you have any other questions please let me know.Hope you and your family will enjoy your stay in Taipei!Best regards,Evelyn

4. vanijuloen

vanijuloen New Member

Thanks, we will be in Taipei in august the 8th for 3 weeks vacation. We come from France and I would like my 11 years old kid meet the chinese badminton culture. We are open for intensif session. Let me know about schedules during weekdays ? Best regards, Nicolas.

5. evelynhu

evelynhu Regular Member

Hi Nicolas, yes they offer courses during weekdays, this can be further arranged with the coaches depending on type of course session most suitable for your kid. It will be best to come by the center when you are in Taipei, and depending on your kid's badminton background and expectations from the session to choose the most appropriate course, cost varies depending on the type of lessons such as one on one vs. group sessions, etc. hope you will find a satisfying experience for this vacation. Best regards, evelyn (evelyn.create@gmail.com)

6. Isivaa Sanaru

Isivaa Sanaru Regular Member

Musician
    Badminton in Taipei?

I'm currently living in Taipei and would like to find a place where I can play with some people, I've been looking but haven't found a good place yet.
    When do you play at your place and which MRT Station would be the closest?

//Isi

7. louconv

louconv New Member

I've been looking but haven't found a good place yet[​IMG]

8. Isivaa Sanaru

Isivaa Sanaru Regular Member

Musician
    Badminton

Where do you live? I can arrange for badminton, do you want singles or doubles?

9. ellendort

ellendort New Member

PM
    We are a group of 4-5 ppl look forward to play badminton at least few hours once in a week during weekend in the evening. If there's any group that we could join or anyone interested to join us nearby Neihu/Nanjing East Road/Songshan/Nankang please contact me

10. sokol250

sokol250 Regular Member

business development
    Hi! My wife and I will be in Taipei on NY and until 4 Jan. So, looking for places to play badminton with somebody. We will stay in Taipei near Zhongshan Station. We've been playing for 6 years, 3 times per week. we'll have rackets, shoes and ect. Thank you in advance, Konstantin

11. Titanex

Titanex Regular Member

Hi. I'm trying to find some friends to play with in Taipei... any suggestion would be very much appreciated. I will be here for a few days... I used to play badminton regularly in San Francisco Bay Area and skills wise is above average. Would love to join anyone's play group :) Thanks!

12. jparry100

jparry100 New Member

I notice that this thread has not been replied to for a few years, but does anyone know any clubs in Taipei I can play at? I've just moved here for work.