stuck at the same level :\

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Talkingtaco2, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Talkingtaco2

Talkingtaco2 Regular Member

Hey, recently I've been improving rapidly but have now suddenly halted with very minimal improvements. I have a goal to be part of the u17 state team next year (victoria - australia) but I need some fix to get me back on track, I play around 10 hours a week with 3 being training and 7 being social with intermediate/advanced players.

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    This happens to every1, jus let things runs its course. Sometimes even a break my help. There will be times we get large improvement and then it seems like we jus stop. Ur sort of stuck in a position now where it depends on the person.

1. you either train harder and it works out for you and you get better or the brain jus says no. It wont be forced to do anything its not ready for. Sometimes this approach can make you worse or you can overtrain from this and once again get no where.

or,

2. You take a break or play but jus focus more on having fun and enjoying the whole experiece rather than focusing on i must improve and get better. I find this way works better for me if I feel i get stuck but then thats me.

You will need to try one out for a month, 6 weeks and see how it goes. If its not working, then u need to change somthing in which case try the other option

But u cant expect to improve at fast pace all the time. We are humans, not machines after all

3. Superstar

Superstar Regular Member

Change a coach.

4. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Do some running (a jog with a fast pace) to increase your stamina (so you'd be less fatigued in games).

5. guyver

guyver Regular Member

Student
    Dumb question, but WHY do you think you're stuck at the same level? Talk to your coach and mention the parts of your game that you don't think are developing to what you'd like. Your coach should be able to help you with it. I've been playing a long time, but it wasn't until I was talking to my buddies about trying to identify the parts of my game/strategy/etc.. that they felt was weak in comparison to what I wanted out of the game. Just be comfortable with their honest criticism, and try to address it in a positive manner.

Good luck!

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    when u play the social games, do you always win the matches? are they competitive? do you play different people or always the same group?

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    also, do you find the coaching to be beneficial and targetted?

i was with the same coach for a couple of years and during which i didn't feel like i made much improvements.

i instead stopped the coaching and found some friend to do focused drill and conditioning and also i play much more competitive games against different stronger players. i find that after that i have improved much much more.

8. Talkingtaco2

Talkingtaco2 Regular Member

I played today, and feel much better, I realise why I feel like im not improving is because of my great inconsistency between days, and yeah the people at social aren't that good. but i do play with my friend every day for 1 hour who is ranked 15 in our state.

9. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

I have the same feeling, have been getting some coaching and loosing a bit of weight. I am very inconsistent, this seems to stem from better conditioning/strength meaning I am arriving on the shuttle/hitting the shuttle earlier than I used to, but also with the training is coming more tiredness - and it is this I need to get a handle on, and also moving my feet better.

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Playing with more competitive players or someone who is better than you should help. Don't get stuck playing with lower level players. They will drag you down. ;) Play 1 against 2 if you can't find a better player. or 1 to 3, or 4, or 5.. lol. ;)

11. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

try play with some1 else who u havent play b4

12. AirStyles

AirStyles Regular Member

Student
    Just pick up a new shot and mentality

When I'm stuck, I'll first relax a bit... Then I'll try to learn a new shot. The new shot that's added to your game will give you a boost in confidence and will shape you future game differently.

from experience.