Just picking back up badminton

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xlloyd, Aug 10, 2011.

1. xlloyd

xlloyd New Member

Hey all,

I used to play badminton for my high school and played at university last year or so but I haven't touched my racket since then. I really want to pick back up badminton but I'm looking for a racket and I'm not sure which to get. I've been looking at some Apacs rackets on the advice of someone (mainly because of my low budget of $100 or less) and they seem to be pretty good so that's the only brand I've been seriously considering (open to suggestions though).

I don't know if I'm going to be mainly a singles or doubles player and I'm really not sure about my playing style. I had an Armortec 300 before and I liked it but I only bought it 'cause it was lighter and better than the beginner's racket I had before...not because of it's actual stats.

In my mind, I love the idea of attacking badminton but my build doesn't allow me heavy smashes and the like so I'm thinking of a light racket like the Nano 9900 (and I see a deal on eBay for 2 of them for <$100)...but I don't know if I should get maybe one Nano 9900 and probably an attacking racket so I can really decide what will work best for me.

Any suggestions of a good all round racket that won't break the bank and that I can use to flesh out my style of play?

Thanks,
    xlloyd

2. xlloyd

xlloyd New Member

Or maybe a Nano 900 Power?

3. Bionx

Bionx Regular Member

u sure u can get 2 nano 9900 for <$100 ?!?!?!?!?!?!!!! :eek:

4. J-Dragon

J-Dragon Regular Member

yes on ebay.. by BadmintonBay :)

And for xlloyd, i think you should go with apacs because its a good quality brand for a good price. You should try Lethal 9.. ;)

5. xlloyd

xlloyd New Member