Why is it so difficult to book badminton court on weekdays nite?

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by a|extan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

hi all,

i had a hard time trying to book badminton court on weekdays nite especially for the sport complex from 8pm to 9pm.

any1 have any idea beside the icanbook system, where else can i book?

i tired to asked ssc on the schools on why it isnt available for booking on weekdays nite, they didnt bother to get back.

the fact that weekends r easy to book, ssc plus moe allowed the schools badminton court for booking for weekends, does it help?

i think its a matter of opening up more courts for sake of opening.

sigh..

2. Zacharysoh

Zacharysoh Regular Member

Clerical Work
    You finger need to be very fast. Luck also count in :D.
    for CC booking
    http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal (use IE)

Cheers

3. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive
    Hi there ..... i can fully understand your pain. :)

From experience, anytime from 7pm onwards till closing time is the 'Hot' period where everyone everywhere is fighting to get a court.

I personally book my courts (Tues and Thurs evening) ONCE that particuler date is immediately available for booking ..... even if it means going online at 7am, two weeks before the game date, just to secure a court.

It's only through this way, that i can have a better chance of getting a court at a venue i want.
    However, it also means that there's no way i can confirm if i will even have enough players for that particular game day.
    But that's just a risk i have to take i guess. :(

As for icanbook, i notice that there are quite a number of people who will tentatively book a court, but not pay to confirm their booking ..... probably they'll be using that one hour grace period to decide whether they really want to play on that day or not (or maybe to confirm players).
    If they're successful in confirming their game is a go-ahead, then they'll pay to confirm their booking.
    Otherwise, they'll just ignore their tentative booking, let the one hour grace period lapse, then let the system auto-release the court back as 'available' for others to book.

I'm just speculating here, but it does get quite frustrating at times when courts are 'hoarded' by people who are in two minds as to whether they even want to play or not, but want to 'reserve' the court first anyway and decide later. :mad:
    Meanwhile, others who really want to play but are just that few seconds too slow in logging on, will have to contend with the "No Courts Available" screen. :crying:

But i guess there's nothing much one can do in this case ..... there's no Right or Wrong ..... afterall, booking a court is on a 'first come, first served' basis .... you just have to try to be faster next time.

4. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive
    As for schools opening their courts up for weekday games, i think maybe it's a manpower issue for the schools.
    As in, maybe they don't have staff to 'stay back' on weekdays to facilitate badminton games .... After all, somebody has to inspect and lock-up the school after the last players have left.

I'm not too sure, but i think that schools have attendants who 'look after' the school on weekends .... so having games on weekends is ok? :D

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    you haven't been a good boy didn't you? lol. Have to wake up earlier mate. You also need to do some shaolin kungfu on your fingers and luck. ;) Accuracy is in seconds. ;) Good luck and may the force be with you. ;)

6. err012

err012 Regular Member

Follow my way, don need to even wake up!!

By using scripts, :cool: . Now is the world of technology, only need to leave your computer on! haha of cos you need to know the timing they release for booking and alter your scripts to it. Definitely its faster than any human fingers while ya still in yr dreamland! :D

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    PM me your script man... master.. ;)

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    this is starting to sound like ebay where computer programs are now used to bid for product.

now we have computer program to reserve badminton courts in Singapore. :D

9. err012

err012 Regular Member

haha technolody made us lazy sometimes :D . Anyway give me awhile to write the setup instruction as you will need certain framework to be installed in your computer. Difference resolution of monitor needs to be factor in as well (now all is cator for my computer, oso its for sg user only ;p)

#9 err012, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  10. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

no leh.. i wake up at least for the past 2 weeks morning before 7am.......
    today morning...again....didnt get a court at 8pm to 9pm at place i want

sigh.....

11. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

really? can u teach me how? can email to me (alextanmy@yahoo.com)
    sincere thanks.

12. err012

err012 Regular Member

Sure. Will send to you once i wrote the instruction and etc. But PLEASE PLEASE don spread it around, although i am the fastest(i can control the timing/action of the packed the script) ;) . Well, its strictly for icanbook.com only for now. I will make the script/program to tie to the first computer it runs, it won be possible to run on the second.

Virus free of cos, Cheers to SG!

Lets see my stuff faster or those uncle's fingers :D , btw no offense to any badminton lovers :cool:

#12 err012, Aug 11, 2011
  13. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

thank u sir

not to worry... for my own personal use only.... not for any circulation...at all...
    at long we do book at the same place.. shd b ok.. lor
    hee..

my most sincere thanks to u...

14. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

That actually sounds like a fantastic idea ! :)

erm ..... any chance you could send some my way and teach me how to do it too? ..... pleaseeeeeeeeee :p

15. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Wah, so good. Can I have it too? I am also booking courts. qixuri@hotmail.com. Many thanks. :)

#15 tank2008, Aug 11, 2011
  16. izz02

izz02 Regular Member

Hi there, kind to share it. I really hate to wake up before 7am and stare at the screen, yet still can't book the time that I want........

17. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Senjia-Cashiew CC is newly open with 8 brand new courts. The booking is under CC, not SSC. Its booking time is later than SSC. Then it is nice to book it if you can't get at Icanbook. Just that you need to adjust to the new environment. Oh, it is at Bukit Panjiang. :)

18. Zacharysoh

Zacharysoh Regular Member

Clerical Work
    I think this is against the "rule" ... Beware of internet IP ban ... why risk season organiser out there ... my 2 cents ...Not worth it lah

19. err012

err012 Regular Member

Its all about motion capturing and giving instruction to your computer :D, So in fact your computer is mimicking "you". No violation no nothing dude. The serious fact is the slight few nanoseconds or even picoseconds of delay (i.e. moving/clicking/ticking/typing/refreshing/) can cause your booking hopes to crash :crying:

Relax and Cheers!

However i don intend to release in public. I don't want the community to become lazy like me so only the lucky few will get alright. :cool:

#19 err012, Aug 11, 2011
  20. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

thanks ... its only the timing...at senjia cashew....1930 to 2030 n 2030 to 2130 only..... the slots r too early..... why cant they be 2000 to 2100 n 2100 to 2200 like SSC... btw the timing under CC are very funny... no standardisation...at all..... some can book 2hrs slot.... some 1hr slots... n timing r all different.... very confusing..... unlike.....ssc