Stringing while injured - some advice needed

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Hierony, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Hierony

Hierony New Member

Physics
    Hi guys, as a very enthusiastic badminton player I read this forum a lot, now time to post something myself;

since a while I have been injured slightly, having a tennis elbow as well as some weird wrist injury, which has probably to do with my hyperflexible hands (which is an annyoing thing to have).

anyway, the pain is getting a bit less, so with the new season on the doorstep I would like to increase my frequency of play again, but at the same time avoiding to stress my injuries too much. Therefore my question about stringing;

What is the best tension to string my racket to release stress on my wrist and elbow, and what would be the best string?

This saturday I will go to let my racket be restrung, I have access to ML XL, BG 65, 65 Ti, 68 Ti, 80, 85, 98.

So I hope you fellow enthusiasts will have some good advice on this :)
    Cheers from Amsterdam!

- about my style of play (for if this is useful to know); I used to be a very attacking/power player, but now I am somehow forced to take it easy, so focussing more on the defense and long rallies - as in, not smashing from the end of the court anymore ^_^

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Well, Microlegend XL is the softest (if I recall correctly), so I'd go with that. As for tension, just reduce your usual by 10%.