User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will be the Men's Single Champion for 2011?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee Chong Wei

32 58.18%
  • Lin Dan

23 41.82%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW don't have finishing lor..got 2 times game point.maybe nervous to win.hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luck?

Look at the video and see what LD did when he had two match points against him. He won both match points with aggresive jump smashes that LCW couldn't even touch.

When LCW had the match point against him, he hit a relatively easy drive into the middle of the net.

Sure, there were other points that luck played a part in, for both players. But when it came down to crunch time, luck played no part in deciding the match.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Luck wasn't involved in the final few points. Rather, Lin Dan had the better concentration and courage to play with aggression to kill off the matchpoints against him. Some might call it an outrageous gamble, but it is more of a calculated risk, that paid off handsomely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luck? I think this was discussed in one of bc thread before until everyone got tired

We can argue/discuss until the cow comes home we will never get an answer.

It is something that prevent lcw from winning the recent wc 11.

But then again it's not fair to say Lin Dan won by luck

All it matters now the game is over and its better we hope for more of this thrilling,

nail biting game coming to us in the near future

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 3 reasons to justify LD's win

I'm not LD's fan or LCW's fan. I'm neither of that. My feeling, as a neutral audience, tells myself that: LD's win was more natural and reasonable. I have following reasons (Correct me if I'm wrong)

1) LD's total score was 64 while LCW 57. I know win or loss not depend on the total score, but if the final winner lost in total scoring, it sounds not legitimate enough. Like G W Bush won the election but lost the popularity

2) If LCW had won, he won 2 sets by additional overtime points. That didn't sound strong. While LD took the 2nd set 21:14, which made LD's a convincing win.

3) In the whole match overall, LD was more aggressive and with more smashes and clear winners. Active agrgressive win is always better than passive win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laivc View Post
    After seeing some video of LCW suffering from muscles cramps and foot blisters after his 80+ minutes titanic-battle match with LD, I think we have just seen the very best of LCW already and he is unlikely to improve on his current level further during next year Olympic. LCW only way to improve his game is to increase his pain threshold during his daily training, which might not be a good thing for his own health sake in the longer term. LCW's challenge now is to maintain his current form and physical level all the way till the Olympic.
    I agree, if you look at the semi finals and finals games, total hours played by LCW and LD are 124 mins (43 mins + 81 mins) and 156 mins (75 mins + 81 mins) respectively. Likewise, LCW vs. JC only lasted for 2 sets while LD vs. PHG had 3 sets which goes that LCW had less pressure during the semi finals game than LD.

Clearly in the finals, LD won because he had much better stamina and strength compared to LCW during the match. He also showed tremendous focus, concentration and aggressiveness all throughout the match.

I am actually a LCW fan so my humble advise to the "great datuk", a must have is the great power not only of the body but also of the mind, the passion and mental toughness to win, the talent and competencies are definitely there, he just have to combine all of these.

With barely a year to go in London, win the GOLD and make Malaysia very proud, go go LCW you can DO IT!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    I'm not LD's fan or LCW's fan. I'm neither of that. My feeling, as a neutral audience, tells myself that: LD's win was more natural and reasonable. I have following reasons (Correct me if I'm wrong)1) LD's total score was 64 while LCW 57. I know win or loss not depend on the total score, but if the final winner lost in total scoring, it sounds not legitimate enough. Like G W Bush won the election but lost the popularity2) If LCW had won, he won 2 sets by additional overtime points. That didn't sound strong. While LD took the 2nd set 21:14, which made LD's a convincing win.3) In the whole match overall, LD was more aggressive and with more smashes and clear winners. Active agrgressive win is always better than passive win.
    In the second set, Lin Dan dominated from start until end

and Lcw just couldn't keep up.

Clearly we could see he gave it up for the rubber game.

Same case with Peter and Lin Dan, also 2nd game

So here, hope I make some sense ,

counting their total points won't be an accurate assumption

But your 3rd point I would like put a "Like" there
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 08-17-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New (nick) name for Lee Chong Wei???..

..i was told his new (nick) name is now Lee Choked Wei..???..

*btw, i saw the MS Final, but just the last few pts of the 3rd game (not interested to watch the entire match; maybe later)..what can i say??..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's also worth to note that on
    game 1 - LCW took it on his 5th game point,
    game 2 - LD took it on his first game point, and
    game 3 - after LCW failed to win with 2 match points LD took it with his first match point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post

*btw, i saw the MS Final, but just the last few pts of the 3rd game (not interested to watch the entire match; maybe later)..what can i say??..
    I too was told that sometimes not too long ago during one of the tourney held near your place when you were an extra pair of helping hands, you bad-mouthed LCW in front of many of the officials there in the open...??.. on top of that I too was told that in contrast you are very good at licking the balls of person/persons that is deemed important to you..??

Btw, no one actually asked you whether did you watched the entire match let alone your interest on it so why bother telling it out of of sudden?

If calling names at this point of time at a person who just lost in the WC final is all your intention.. ahhh..then troll is actually not that bad after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD's nick name was "LIN(1) Dan(4)" which means "Zero Egg" when he lost in Olympic 2004. Another nickname was LIN YILUN. But now people have forgot his nick names.

Lee's nick name may motivate him to work harder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    I too was told that sometimes not too long ago during one of the tourney held near your place when you were an extra pair of helping hands, you bad-mouthed LCW in front of many of the officials there in the open...??.. on top of that I too was told that in contrast you are very good at licking the balls of person/persons that is deemed important to you..??Btw, no one actually asked you whether did you watched the entire match let alone your interest on it so why bother telling it out of of sudden?If calling names at this point of time at a person who just lost in the WC final is all your intention.. ahhh..then troll is actually not that bad after all.
    Hahaha your post ... I can only laugh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    it's also worth to note that on
    game 1 - LCW took it on his 5th game point,
    game 2 - LD took it on his first game point, and
    game 3 - after LCW failed to win with 2 match points LD took it with his first match point.
    Thanks for pointing that out! This is extremely important. It's called power of converting or efficiency rate of converting.

This rate is an important measure for the players ability to win. Super stars, not only in badminton, are especially good at this ability. Not only badminton, Ping-pong, Tennis, even team sports, like Basketball, the last winning ability are the most important. All the news report who finally finish the game. The ability tells us who's the go-to guy.

Lin Dan's rate here is 100%, he didn't waste any game point, or match point. While LCW is only 1/7, which is 14%. That's the huge difference between them. LCW is good, almost in all categories, except this most important, the ability to win.

Michael Jordon could miss tens of shots in a row, but once he shot the winning shot, he's the hero. Coach always let the go-to guy to shot the last, even this guys goal percentage is not the best.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, they are very important and were in their mind during the game.
    LD was so clever that at 22-21 game 3, he asked for a towel break and the umpire allowed it (M Frost the old fox seen through it though).
    LD just let LCW had time to think about all the game/match points he missed and LD got his first and the second is coming!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..i was told his new (nick) name is now Lee Choked Wei..???..*btw, i saw the MS Final, but just the last few pts of the 3rd game (not interested to watch the entire match; maybe later)..what can i say??..
    Maybe you should know that I was told LD s new nickname after Spore Open is Lin Dung, for rubbishing badminton by giving a walkover the day after he declared to the media he wanted to be badminton s ambassador. If you have watched the whole match, you would have realized it was such a fantastic match, anyone who belittle badminton would be in such awe of this sport. Instead we have idiotic LD fans who continue to crow over LD s win as if or because this may be the last time he will defeat LCW.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    LD's nick name was "LIN(1) Dan(4)" which means "Zero Egg" when he lost in Olympic 2004. Another nickname was LIN YILUN. But now people have forgot his nick names.

Lee's nick name may motivate him to work harder.
    Or post-Singapore, "Lying Dan"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This WC MS Final, i feel, it was LCW's to lose. LD's got nothing to lose..
    2012 OG, if they were to meet again (in Final Rd. or before), once again it will be LCW's to lose..
    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    If you have watched the whole match, you would have realized it was such a fantastic match,
    ..i don't really need to watch the whole match to know it was such a fantastic match; just can see from the scoreboard and the last few pts of the 3rd game..*if i have time later, i might watch the entire 81 pulsating minutes of it..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-18-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast