User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will be the Men's Single Champion for 2011?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee Chong Wei

32 58.18%
  • Lin Dan

23 41.82%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I don't think I saw Li Yong Bo all week, was he there ?

Oh, and I read this morning that LCW will play on till the WC in 2013, I wonder if this I'd because he knows Lin Dan will (possibly) retire after OG12, and therefore he still has a chance of winning a WC. Personally I feel that if he won at WC13 without LD there, it would be a hollow victory. Many would say that he only won cause LD wasn't there. And anyway by that time, I feel that there could be competition from others, as current players get stronger.
    I saw Li Yongbo on the day of the quarter-final, not in the auditorium but in the corridor, giving Zhang Ning, what looks like, a bullocking.
    Here is the picture of it, shot from a long distance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think him winning this poll really jinxed Datuk LCW....whaddaya think, George??..

*haven't watched the match, but sounds like it's one definitely not to miss..thank goodness i wasn't around for the heart attack moments at the end..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-15-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod View Post
    Lin Dan's performance was much more satisfying for me than his constant wins in 2005-2009, because, in that period, Lin Dan was mainly in "God mode" (to quote kwun). I would say that, if you say that all of Lin Dan's matches this year have been in "screwaround mode", he was still only in that mode yesterday: after all, in that mode he was still good enough to beat Lee Chong Wei once this year. I would say that what we saw was simply high-level "screwaround mode". Had Lin Dan been in "turbo mode" (which I think he can still access, and he did for many points during the match), he would have won around 21-17, 21-17. Had he been in "God mode" (which I think he can no longer access for extended periods of time), he would have won around 21-8, 21-7.He wasn't on any better form or even as good a form as he had been in 2009 and earlier, but I still think that yesterday, Lin Dan was on the best form we've seen him in since 2009. Lee Chong Wei was still very good, playing solidly and the right shots and even using his offensive arsenal at certain points. What impresses me is that, in 2010 and 2011, Lee Chong Wei has been playing marginally better than Lin Dan (who is in "screwaround mode"); yesterday, because of how important the match was for him, Lin Dan pulled out the best "screwaround mode" of his life to beat Lee Chong Wei. That must have taken a really big effort, as well as an iron mental constitution, for him.
    I think LD's form in 2010 Thomas Cup was sensational too... Also AG2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm... very nice interpretation of LD's different mode, very interesting. But to be honest, they both played one of the most spectacular game ever. Credits to both for such outstanding performance.
    Well for LCW you are just unlucky this time, better luck next time.
    Personally I think that winning many tournaments gives a better indication of your strength than just winning few so-called "big" tournaments ( NO I'm not a LCW fan).
    The most important thing in my mind is to be consistent. LD and LCW have shown the world either in the past or currently that they both are the two most consistent players ever!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod View Post
    Lin Dan's performance was much more satisfying for me than his constant wins in 2005-2009, because, in that period, Lin Dan was mainly in "God mode" (to quote kwun). I would say that, if you say that all of Lin Dan's matches this year have been in "screwaround mode", he was still only in that mode yesterday: after all, in that mode he was still good enough to beat Lee Chong Wei once this year. I would say that what we saw was simply high-level "screwaround mode". Had Lin Dan been in "turbo mode" (which I think he can still access, and he did for many points during the match), he would have won around 21-17, 21-17. Had he been in "God mode" (which I think he can no longer access for extended periods of time), he would have won around 21-8, 21-7.He wasn't on any better form or even as good a form as he had been in 2009 and earlier, but I still think that yesterday, Lin Dan was on the best form we've seen him in since 2009. Lee Chong Wei was still very good, playing solidly and the right shots and even using his offensive arsenal at certain points. What impresses me is that, in 2010 and 2011, Lee Chong Wei has been playing marginally better than Lin Dan (who is in "screwaround mode"); yesterday, because of how important the match was for him, Lin Dan pulled out the best "screwaround mode" of his life to beat Lee Chong Wei. That must have taken a really big effort, as well as an iron mental constitution, for him.
    Wow, you make it sound like LD s so good he could play the fool with LCW. Did you observe the body language? They were both so similar, tense, tense , tense. The match was spectacular as expected but this time also in terms of countless,uncharacteristic errors.And LCW s dense coach said LD s mentally stronger just because he won by the requisite 2 point difference. It s an ending that could go either way, silly coach. If LD had the mental edge, he would have taken G1!

6. Likes extremenanopowe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Wow, you make it sound like LD s so good he could play the fool with LCW.
    But LD has made LCW look really bad before. Please refer to OG 2008, and Thomas Cup 2010.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In history, Chinese players develops faster and retire earlier. For Malaysians, they develop or mature or gets better as the reach 30. fyi. LD is maintaining his standard. LCW progressed and getting close to him. Still that 1% mental is not there yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by perfectdefense View Post
    But LD has made LCW look really bad before. Please refer to OG 2008, and Thomas Cup 2010.
    Yeah, you should check out Thomas Cup 2008! LCW made LD look clueless. Maybe that s why LD avoids playing LCW in Jakarta again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After last night win by Lin Dan, I am sure he knows Lcw is getting too close.

From now onwards either he put more effort into his preparation for Olympic 12

or he can kiss goodbye to the final.

Similarly we can also kiss goodbye to see the same final match we saw yesterday

How Lin Dan celebrated after he won in the final tells us everything,

that title still matters so much to him
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 08-15-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    After last night win by Lin Dan, I am sure he knows Lcw is getting too close. From now onwards either he put more effort into his preparation for Olympic 12 or he can kiss goodbye to the final. :Similarly we can also kiss goodbye to see the same final match we saw yesterday How Lin Dan celebrated after he won in the final tells us everything, that title still matters so much to him
    Of course, LD wants to win. He only has 2 objectives in the run up to OG12. To help CJ win by giving way if they are in the same half so CJ can be top 4. That s why since PG is the greatest threat to CJ s ranking race, PG gotta be stopped. For LD, if he s not in the same half as CJ, then LD will want to maximize his ranking points so he will only face LCW in the final. How does a player maximize ranking points? By winning the title! But telling his mind that he wants to collect ranking points is less pressurizing than saying he wants to win a title. CHN coaches are fantastic psychologists, although not formally trained.

12. Likes thokata, pBmMalaysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    I think LD's form in 2010 Thomas Cup was sensational too... Also AG2010
    I agree. LD was in sensational form in 2010 Thomas Cup, even better than Beijing 2008 Olympics. He totally thrashed LCW in front of the MAS home crowd in the semi finals.

I think LD doesn't like playing many tournaments in a short time. It makes him less fresh. He needs to clear his mind before major tournaments to perform to his best. That's why he has gaps in his game that opponents can exploit when he's not so alert.

LCW on the other hand plays many tournaments to help himself gain confidence, which he is lacking in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    it is sad.... i don't think even Li Mao knows how to beat Lin Dan now... no one knows how to beat Lin Dan at a major event now...

it's sad...
    No, I see things differently. I am a Chinese, but I think LCW is getting really close to LD. Next game, it will be a toss up again. However, 2012 Olympics I think LD will win. LD just performs better in critical games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he celebrated that way not because of the title but the fact that he saved 2 match points........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For LCW to beat LD he must not make so many errors. He made so many by not taking the shuttle hoping for easy points.

And more importantly LCW must lead with significant margins, seeing LD also making mistakes, LCW should have capitalised on it and pulled away, but no, LCW follow suits with more errors.

And when it comes to duece, there is nothing for LD to lose, afterall what title hasn't LinDAn got??So win or loss to LD is no big deal.

As for LCW, hell of alot of pressure are building up, surely LCW cant play his normal game, and everything to lose so he lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even me, as a LD fan, thought before the final that this could be LCW's year. the way LCW toyed with his opponents from 1st round till semi-final says it all....just imagine the score of 21-5, 21-7 or 21-9 against chen jin or the swift match duration of just 25-30 mins. but more importantly, how LCW showed his maturity with his unbelievable winning shots, impressive stamina, power and speed. every badminton fan was predicting a LCW victory. but LD showed us he is the real "special one" in the final

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    i think him winning this poll really jinxed Datuk LCW....whaddaya think, George??..

*haven't watched the match, but sounds like it's one definitely not to miss..thank goodness i wasn't around for the heart attack moments at the end..
    No comment.. Anyway, the finals is a MUST watch game. Luckily u didn't watch it yesterday or else madbad ambulance will be super busy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For LD overcame a lot to win this title:

Injuries/walkovers/shock loss in lead up
    LCW had the easiest qtr and semi ever, credit to him he played well but Cordon was gone by the qtr and the former world champion didn't really compete in semi
    LD had very hard draw-Lin Dan had the latenight semi and played an inspired Gade who played brilliantly, and Sasaki is a dangerous player and fighter, even Lee Hyun was a potential problem
    The hall was definately "slow" this suited LCW more than LD
    His own complacency - even LD fans would admit he has been less than motivated since OG, he toys with opponents, tries to entertain, tries different shots and tactics.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast