User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will be the Men's Single Champion for 2011?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee Chong Wei

32 58.18%
  • Lin Dan

23 41.82%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In AE, V80 prove worthy of its hype, today N90 speaks volumes at the WC. But enough said, it still boils down to the player, no question. Btw, since I haven't tried an N90, might be tempted now, except for the thought, would it break my (right) arm and shoulder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    It was a close game, a 50-50 game. Could have gone either way
    but why it always go one way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timz :] View Post
    What happened to LCW, he hasn't made this much errors in a long time.
    May be because he is playing against LD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zerosum88 View Post
    but why it always go one way?
    You mean lcw never beat Lin Dan on a close game? Or you never watch tonight's game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am Chinese, but I feel so sorry for LCW. LCW deserves a lot more world titles. I like his personality as well.

That said, LD is the GOAT. No doubt in my mind. BTW, I don't hate LD's personanlity, and he is getting much better now. What I don't like is China's coach Li Yongbo's attutude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if lcw still unable to beat ld with this kind of form, i doubt he will ever will......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    You mean lcw never beat Lin Dan on a close game? Or you never watch tonight's game?
    No, LCW never beat LD in close games. LCW did win few games against LD, but never in close games. The star shines when it really counts, WHEN THE PRESSURE IS ON. Please watch some historical games between LD and LCWW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, LCW never beat LD in close games. LCW did win few games against LD, but never in close games. The star shines when it really counts, WHEN THE PRESSURE IS ON. Please watch some historical games between LD and LCWW.
    Oh, if LCW could win some close games against LD, LCW would have lot more world titles. Yes, today's game was a close game. Did you watch it? The South Korea open early this year was also close game between LD and LCW as well. Did LCW win the final? That's why so many times LD walked home with the trophy but LCW finished with the 2nd. So far, LCW is still the 2nd best player in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lcw have beaten Lin Dan and it was never a close game? Malaysian open 2006 Lcw beat Lin Dan rubber game, from 14-20 to 22-20 you call that not a close game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    So both men seems on top form and 'INJURY FREE' condition currently. So the new LCW-LD clash is on the card again in this week world badminton championships. SO what's your thought on this? Who will win? Who will lose? Hope other players don't spoil the party though
    LCW to win if all xcuses not used. Malaysia best player LCW, worlds best best playerr...LD???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KKK always say training not good enough? He big headed now, training not fully committed. Problem not the coach, its the player!
    LCW, well done, 2nd is goood, country recognise 2nd hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

feel bad to lCW

he deserved this world title - but somehow, LD "stole" it from himi feel.

instead, this match further underlined LD's greatness - to always be behind in the score, to be the less fit player, to be the underdog, to save 2 MPs, yet still find a way to overcome the BEAST that is LCW.

epic final that did not disappoint!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan is not as great as he used to be any more. I think what made Lin Dan different from the other players (besides his attacking ability) was that he just doesn't make unforced errors. But now he makes many more errors than when he was in his top form years back.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lee Chong Wei - Another Opportunity Missed.

it is kinda sad.

the first time i saw LCW play was in 2004 when i watching Singapore Open live in SIS in Singapore. i saw LCW play only feet away from his court and i already recognize that he is going to be someone special. he stands out among his peers being a very hard worker. plays hard, plays well, play fast, with excellent physique as well as technique and talent.

moving forward 7 years, he has missed WC and Olympics many times but did managed to bag a lot of smaller titles.

i have been telling everyone, Malaysian or not, that this year is the only year for the immediate future that MAS mgiht be able to get a WC title. LCW may or may not stay after 2012. and there is no one else going to replace him for a while. look at it, MAS still fielding WCH. WCH's peer have all since retired and gone onto other things, and MAS still fielding this old man. there is no one who can take LCW's place with success.

and there is no reason to believe that he cannot take it. i have voted, PAWed and predicted LCW to win. he has been playing the best game of badminton for pretty much the whole year, dominating almost every match that he played. expectation are high, yes, but it is not unreasonably so like previous years. there are clear realistic high chance that he will take it. for him to win a wc that deep down i believe that he truely deserves.

but reality is often cruel. a tight match to the 3rd game and losing 21-23. just a lapse of focus, confidence, determination, or whatever we want to say.

fact is that, this is one great opportunity for LCW to prove to the world that he truely deserves it. but yet again, he has lived to the stigma of his fellow countrymen: not able to deliver in the big stage. this is sad. truely sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am Chinese, but I feel so sorry for LCW. LCW deserves a lot more world titles. I like his personality as well.That said, LD is the GOAT. No doubt in my mind. BTW, I don't hate LD's personanlity, and he is getting much better now. What I don't like is China's coach Li Yongbo's attutude.
    nobody like lyb. But he wins most of the time.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    it is kinda sad.i have been telling everyone, Malaysian or not, that this year is the only year for the immediate future that MAS mgiht be able to get a WC title. LCW may or may not stay after 2012. and there is no one else going to replace him for a while. look at it, MAS still fielding WCH. WCH's peer have all since retired and gone onto other things, and MAS still fielding this old man. there is no one who can take LCW's place with success.and there is no reason to believe that he cannot take it. i have voted, PAWed and predicted LCW to win. he has been playing the best game of badminton for pretty much the whole year, dominating almost every match that he played. expectation are high, yes, but it is not unreasonably so like previous years. there are clear realistic high chance that he will take it. for him to win a wc that deep down i believe that he truely deserves.but reality is often cruel. a tight match to the 3rd game and losing 21-23. just a lapse of focus, confidence, determination, or whatever we want to say.fact is that, this is one great opportunity for LCW to prove to the world that he truely deserves it. but yet again, he has lived to the stigma of his fellow countrymen: not able to deliver in the big stage. this is sad. truely sad.
    Very true. And sad. Sad because... really he lost to himself. ... That was not LD's best form by far and LCW has been playing better over the past few days than he did today. Sad...because it was his to lose.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congratulations to Lin Dan. I have not yet even seen the video of the finals, but from what I gather, it was totally nail-biting! He must have shown tremendous spirit and character to emerge victorious!

Why did LCW lose? As I said, I have not seen it, so I cannot really say. A guess? Mental weakness at crucial moments? Insufficient strategic planning by his team as opposed to tactical preparedness? I don't know, but that is proably one area. What I do know is that LCW has reached a point in his profession where he is the better player but he still has this mental achilles heel against Lin Dan. Coaching and training may not be the answer to this one. Maybe only a friend can provide that.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast