Men Doubles : Indonesian Style

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by miksss, Aug 12, 2011.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

"Our opponent playing with Indonesian style and we know, it is difficult to develop our own pattern. They are very talented players especially Ahsan" said him

Source :http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/2011/08/12/20361670/Bona/Ahsan.Menang.karena.Bermain.Lepas

"We are playing badly today, while Bona/Ahsan played really well, Today they are playing with "Indonesian Style" and our condition is not 100%, we know this is very difficult" said Mathias Boe

Source : http://www.pb-pbsi.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/351

=======================================================================================

Indonesian style, what does it mean? Hehe :D Is INA MD style really famous and have their own way? :D

2. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    I heard from taiwan colleagues and tv commentator, INA MD style and game play is the most boring compare to CHN and Kor
    INA=rarely lift up the cock, love to play netting and drift..
    Kor=counter attack style, defend first and then put the cock to open place..
    CHN=full mode ATTACK
    that's why CHN vs Kor always interesting :):)

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    different people mgiht have different definition of Indonesian style badminton.

for me, the traditional type of Indonesian MD is not relying on constant power smashes. but instead, focuses a lot of drives, if you watch the great Candra / Sigit / Tony / Halim play, they don't go bang bang bang at first, they drive you left right, up down, everywere, poke you around, finds the weakness and then they go off and kill you. while they do it, it is still not complete power, a lot of fast smash and blocks and drive mixed in.

Chinese style and old Korean style is the 100% boom boom boom smash till they make a hole in your body.

Korean has since evolved into a much more complete style, with a mixture of defense mixed in with fast attack.

Chinese style in the past year or two has also evolved with a lot more variation in defense (which has been their weakness), as well as offensive at the front of the court.

Malaysian style is a more stronger defense. it used to be impossible to smash through Malaysian defense, and while at the same time, the offensive isn't the best so Malaysian style has more component of smart defense and placement. these days though Malaysian style mainly become impressive first game, add in some useless trick shots and showmanship and then suddenly lose focus and lose the match. ;)

4. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    and done them in donald trump hair style.....:D

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes INA MD has their own style, higly praised over here (well in my circles anyway :D). Much more variation :cool:

:D They must be commentating for other sports normally ...

#5 demolidor, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  6. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    I think the INA style describe above is more the MK/TH style. Before them Ricky/Rexy, Chandra/Sigit, Tony/Halim, and others have a different style.
    The pionner Ricky/Rexy bring a new style of MD games which is very fast stroke and drive and combination of deceptive in front of net play and powerful smash from backcourt.
    As much I remember the KOR pairs (LDS/YYS & HTK/KDM) were who bring the MD games more to be the battle of drives play at the end of 90's. There's less smashes and more drives.
    But their approach was succesful to tame the INA & MAS pairs who was looks invincible before by the time. At the beginning of 2000's especially after the rule of 21 points, MD games back again to be less fast but more power.

7. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    What other sports do you mean, Demo ???

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

"I heard from taiwan colleagues and tv commentator, INA MD style and game play is the most boring compare to CHN and Kor" - Baseball? Looks like they only think big smashes is interesting ...

9. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Hahahaha ... I have ESPN channel and everyday it's broadcasting baseball most of them are Yankees match. Maybe it's because I don't quite understand the rule of the play, but for me it's really boring :)

10. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    haha, its make sense, taiwanese love baseball, maybe thats why they love big smashes

11. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    Malaysian style- have all the shots/power/fitness but no nerve to perform when counts :(

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

And keep lifting the shuttle high up and keep defending.

13. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    They copied the Jappanesse ladies style I think ??? :D