Racket Stringing machine for about $300 advice

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by asmd6230, Aug 13, 2011.

1. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

Hi,

I know this is an often asked questions and ive just about read all the recent thread on this topic. But im thinking of getting myself one and am quite undecided.

Its strictly for personal use only. That means several rackets a year.. maybe the initial enthusiasm of mucking about with different tensions and strings but after the initial wow factor, its going to be just when ever i break a string.

Im a little confused with the crank models and drop weight models. Are the drop weight models that much harder to use?

All i can find available to me in the Us is Eagnas... and pretty much most threads here have at least one post or two regarding QC or poor CS.

Was looking at the Flax 160 or maybe the Easy 3....

Some insight would be helpful.

Im open to used machines.. just cant seem to find one right now..

Appreciate any and all replies.

Regards,
    asmd.

2. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    I bought a Gamma Progression 200 (formerly called ATS Progression 200) dropweight strining from atssports.com and find it very easy to use. I've strung maybe 60 raquets since I got it, mostly just trying to learn things but I have got my time to about 50 minutes a raquet now. Kind of wish I bought a 6 point system stringer but oh well.