User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AirStyles View Post
    It was heart-wrenching indeed. Watching that game.Around 19-18, 3rd set, I saw Lin Dan charge the net as soon as LCW hit the drop, though he missed it, it scare the living hell out of me. If he have landed that, it'll be over for Lee.Then we again, have Lee Chong Wei leading with a championship point, and what do Lin Dan do? Smash his way to drLin's mental strength is amazing. I never seen anything quite like it.When the shuttle hits the net and sealed the game, it broke my heart. And seeing Chong Wei on the screen hurts even more. However, I kept watching, this is Lee Chong Wei, and the result of his incredible stand against his nemesis, himself, and his countrLee Chong Wei, you don't need to apologize to Malaysia. You have gave it your all. And I believe, the whole of Malaysia will be right behind you again when you're preparing for London. Cry now, it was tough, very tough, after you done crying, wipe your tears, and know that there will be be others, still waiting eagerly for you to wear your leaf crown at OG2012Forever a fan.AirStyles.
    It s not about Lin s mental strength. It s about closing strategy probably discussed with his coaches in match preparations.LD has to take the risk because he knows he s more likely to lose in a rally.You saw how LCW closed out the match in AE11?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    ----------------------------LCW is a great player...But the Malaysian country and government are the culprits for putting too much pressure on him.Even MAS Prime Minister has to give him a call before LD match to tell him how important it is to win WC,LOL.------------------------------
    Yes, that s part of the problem. Having a PM talk to him like a kid. Does LCW need to be reminded of how important the WC is? Does the PM think LCW is in total control of the outcome? The wife is a major in psychology. She should tell him to shut up before a match. Call after the match, whatever the outcome. The amazing thing is LCW could still focus after such a high pressure call. I wonder if they will sack NCC and Bata James since they failed to bring back the WC title with their tremendous KPI strategy for BAM players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default do not understand why LD's win is related to propganda

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I'm not making excuses for anyone.

Heck, the Malaysian government has imprisioned and arrested twice now the leader of the opposition party on fake sodomy charges, so I'm hardly making any 'Malaysia vs China' political statements. Dumb vs Dumber, as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe try and get past my antagonism towards what I see as anachronistic nationalism and read the underlying message?
    Badminton is badminton. do not treat it as war between China and Malaysia.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miss.boon View Post
    what was indeed impressive that LD still appeared very fresh after the titanic battle while LCW was totally gutted and even suffered cramps with nausea.
    i am wondering to what extent the psychological damage LD had inflicted.
    Even with blistering pre-final form and peak physical fitness, some more with the luxury of a faster semi-final against chen jin, LD still pawned him.
    wonder no more, it's not going to happen.
    one of the thing i admire most about LCW is how he picked himself up and start winning again after the 2008 OLY final. a lesser man/woman would packed it up years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    one of the thing i admire most about LCW is how he picked himself up and start winning again after the 2008 OLY final. a lesser man/woman would packed it up years ago.
    Yup.I agree with u.His determination is really impressive. He keeps on trying even after the failure.Salute him very much.If other Mas players, I guess they will like give up, remains in the shadow of the lost and unable to move forward.
    Last edited by xsakurax; 08-15-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he need a coach to give him a plan A, B and C option. It is risky to have only plan A.

Will there be an assistant coach for him? Maybe LCW can select one since BAM is now loaded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dlp View Post
    It's no good saying Chinese size of population makes them unbeatable, by that logic denmark would never beat England let alone malaysia. It's culture, history, mindset, coaching, opportunity and many other things beyond size
    For a person living in UK, don't you know England has a bigger population than Malaysia ? (2x MAS population)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Uncle OTb, how can ask Era drink beer, she's muslim lah .plus now is fasting month.but yeah, as Msian fan we are sad for LCW. We sad for 1 day,life goes on, it's not our rice bowl. LCW must be 100 times more sad.
    So true! Life does go on, and we must retain perspective. This result however, is an indication of the malaise that affects the institution that runs MAS badminton. I viewed the BWF upload of the finals 3 times already, then just double-checked with the games played earlier in the tornament. The LCW playing the finals is nothing like the LCW playing upto and including the semi-finals.

LCW always gives 101%. His "loss" in the finals was not due to lack of commitment, or incorrect tactics. It was the change in his mental/emotional/psychological state. Watch how his legs moved from the very start: just too much adrenaline there, creating instability, minute indecisions, affecting reactive reflexes. Look at his face, the worry lines appearing so early, the doubt in the back of his mind; the hang-dog expressions; the deer-caught-in-headlights eyes. Who said what to him? Compare it to the other games: all you would see was serenity in the eyes and a ready smile. There was no doubt in his mind then. I agree with Morten Frost: LCW is already the best player on this planet. He did not lose this game; he was just mismanaged. Again.

BAM has known about this weakness for many years. Heck, all of us at BC have known about it for long now! They have not yet cured this situation. I'd be tempted to call it almost criminal negligence.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

so many posts to "like" today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    I think so too. LCW will pick and move forward towards OLY12. On the other hand, LD knows it is no longer as easy as in the past.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Uncle OTb, how can ask Era drink beer, she's muslim lah .plus now is fasting month.but yeah, as Msian fan we are sad for LCW. We sad for 1 day,life goes on, it's not our rice bowl. LCW must be 100 times more sad.
    Okay lah, as usual my error....change to '100 plus' and avoid Red Bull since LD endorses that stuff...but I still would cry with Era

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by block306 View Post
    There is an aspect of M'sia badminton establishment that has never been analysed closely.
    If you look at the status of M'sia singles badminton now, there are no one in the 2nd echelon to take over from LCW or even close. The 2nd echelon players were and are still coached by Rashid all the way, since during the days when Tan Kim Hock was the National Coach. When Kim Hock moved out to look after the juniors (as now), Rashid moved up as the national Coach together with the squad that were elevated to become the so-called "back-up" players, in effect, the 2nd echelon. None of them shine.
    Now Rashid is also LCW's coach,. Did any of you guys saw him muttered a single word in any of the matches that he sat as a court-side coach?
    I felt very strongly that M'sia's somewhat sorry state of MS players is a direct result of having people with no experience whatsoever in coaching but has "other qualities" doing the "coaching".
    Agree Rashid has no business seating in the coach chair other than paid RM180K to warm the seat...but before you said fire the coaches, who the heck hire them in the first place, paid them handsomely for failing miserably time and time again, and paying the juniors peanuts with no chance of playing internationally to gain experience, and not paying the state BAs anything to promote and groom the next batch of players which the Maybank $$$ is intended to accomplish in the first place. And what about Bata James and his high performance BS and how much he got paid? Complete house cleaning is what malaysian badminton needs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    It s not about Lin s mental strength. It s about closing strategy probably discussed with his coaches in match preparations.LD has to take the risk because he knows he s more likely to lose in a rally.You saw how LCW closed out the match in AE11?
    Agree with you, it is not mental. One wrong move at the right opportunity to win it all, that is it. It hurts like heck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what was indeed impressive that LD still appeared very fresh after the titanic battle while LCW was totally gutted and even suffered cramps with nausea.
    i am wondering to what extent the psychological damage LD had inflicted.
    Even with blistering pre-final form and peak physical fitness, some more with the luxury of a faster semi-final against chen jin, LD still pawned him.
    Adrenalin alone and the joy of winning coming from behind, would lift the spirit and rejuvenate a tired soul in LD, and move on to euphoria celebration time, on a high. LCW losing with victory so close yet seeing it vanish would crush many a players, dampen his spirits and would cause a huge letdown. LCW fitness is no debate, if there is one area that LCW prepared hardest, it is in his fitness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    For a person living in UK, don't you know England has a bigger population than Malaysia ? (2x MAS population)
    I was more saying as a smaller nation Denmark shouldn't be beating a bigger nation like England (although relatively weak at badminton) let alone a bigger nation like Malaysia (renowned for badminton) as it constantly does. (Malaysia is over five times denmark population)

Of course England matched Malaysia at these worlds and historically is the more successful in the major events (worlds, olympics)
    Last edited by dlp; 08-15-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    LCW always gives 101%. His "loss" in the finals was not due to lack of commitment, or incorrect tactics. It was the change in his mental/emotional/psychological state. Watch how his legs moved from the very start: just too much adrenaline there, creating instability, minute indecisions, affecting reactive reflexes. Look at his face, the worry lines appearing so early, the doubt in the back of his mind; the hang-dog expressions; the deer-caught-in-headlights eyes. Who said what to him? Compare it to the other games: all you would see was serenity in the eyes and a ready smile. There was no doubt in his mind then. I agree with Morten Frost: LCW is already the best player on this planet. He did not lose this game; he was just mismanaged. Again.

BAM has known about this weakness for many years. Heck, all of us at BC have known about it for long now! They have not yet cured this situation. I'd be tempted to call it almost criminal negligence.
    disagree

perhaps u were over-analizing.
    if he was a rookie or a junior player then perhaps what you say hold water.
    but lcw was in the best form of his life, learnt after so many spectacular failures in past, and at the peak of his powers.
    so why he cannot beat Super Dan when it matters most?

answer is simple;
    in terms of general capabilities they are about on-par, with LCW slightly ahead because he is the hungrier;
    but Super Dan possess something very special, his explosive power and exquisite net-play.
    lcw couldn't deal with it.

despite many saying LD was 'fortunate' to win, just look at how LD clawed from 16-20 in the 1st game and completely dominated the 2nd game. i'm sure that this was his strategy all along...

“I am a badminton ambassador and it is my responsibility to maintain the interest of the the badminton fans,” said the 28-year-old Lin Dan

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so why he cannot beat Super Dan when it matters most? answer is simple; lcw couldn't deal with it.
    I think you're just showing your bias here. Go back and watch the final again.

For the first time in recent history, I think it's impossible to separate the two now. The difference between winning and losing is so fine, it's impossible as far as I'm concerned to even say one played better than the other. It would be just as easy to pin the net-cord on allowing LD to win the game as there was 3-4 points in his favour where the shuttle just by chance favoured going over!

In the past, I think it would've been valid to say LCW lacked the conviction, lacked the attacking play, lacked the tactical weapons to beat LD, but now, that is practically zero. And it showed. Go watch a final from last year, and you'll see what I mean. The arguments now as to who won and why, in matches between the two of them, is no longer valid. The differences are so fine, it's unbelievable...almost incomprehensible.

The bottom line? The final could've gone either way. A butterfly could've beat it's wings in the jungles of Borneo and LCW would've won.

Exciting times!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast