User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Lin Dan used to have a very bad temper but he has learnt to control it throughout his years playing. He is strong mentally, one can't distract him easily but he's always ever ready to distract his opponent, by certain gesture, his skills and his speed This is what makes him so great when it comes to crucial points. All of a certain you can find him coming from behind with a huge burst of energy. That's his asset and such injection of pace most of the time makes most of his opponent loses confidence . His team mates may not like him, I think I can imagine but what can they say? Simply, he is better
    He always make it seem like he can come from behind to win with a sudden burst of energy, reinforcing the perception of his mental strength. He usually conserves energy after the interval so he has the reserve to make a strong finish. If his opponent is aware of how he rations his energy, they will try tactics to make him use up a lot of energy after the interval so he cannot make a strong finish. Remember how he lost to LCW in the Swiss Open? LD attacked so much after the interval he had no energy left in the end to even play a backhand. So what happen to the injection of pace, huh? I m sure LD learned from his mistake there. That s why if LCW wants to make his win over LD easier, all he has to do is analyze videos of LD s matches with him, know why he wins/loses and adjust his tactics accordingly. Once LCW knows why LD has to play the way he does, LCW should know what tactics to use and play with confidence. Problem is, like all MAS players and coaches, he may think intensive video analysis may be a waste of time. That s where MAS players and coaches are stupid. Or they may not even have the intelligence to analyze. Spore s Derek Wong has a simple victory over TH because video research indicates TH cannot keep up with his opponents speed advantage, as long as they have decent skills. In Spore, our sports science support is first class. Maybe LCW can do with some support there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    He always make it seem like he can come from behind to win with a sudden burst of energy, reinforcing the perception of his mental strength. He usually conserves energy after the interval so he has the reserve to make a strong finish. If his opponent is aware of how he rations his energy, they will try tactics to make him use up a lot of energy after the interval so he cannot make a strong finish. Remember how he lost to LCW in the Swiss Open? LD attacked so much after the interval he had no energy left in the end to even play a backhand. So what happen to the injection of pace, huh? I m sure LD learned from his mistake there. That s why if LCW wants to make his win over LD easier, all he has to do is analyze videos of LD s matches with him, know why he wins/loses and adjust his tactics accordingly. Once LCW knows why LD has to play the way he does, LCW should know what tactics to use and play with confidence. Problem is, like all MAS players and coaches, he may think intensive video analysis may be a waste of time. That s where MAS players and coaches are stupid. Or they may not even have the intelligence to analyze. Spore s Derek Wong has a simple victory over TH because video research indicates TH cannot keep up with his opponents speed advantage, as long as they have decent skills. In Spore, our sports science support is first class. Maybe LCW can do with some support there.
    Yes, playing speed and power, one must play smart and equip with a variety of tactics to wear down opponent

or just about anything to get your breath back.

Different tactics are formed against different players and video analysis is the best tools

Take a look at Lin Dan against sasaki he turned an aggressive player into a rally player

As for the coaches unable to pierce Lin Dan's armor I think it has something to do with their overall plan.

Too many cooks sometime the soup is no good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    That absolutely 100% pure BS. Lin Dan is HATED by most badminton players and coaches in China. Badminton players in China love Taufik, Peter Gade, and Bao Chunlai. They HATE Lin Dan. They hate what he stands for, they hate that he plays for China. They hate that his coach treats him like his little baby. Chinese players Hate Lin Dan. Other national team Chinese coaches left because of Lin Dan. They coach in Indonesia, Korea, and Malaysia. Lin Dan is hated in China.

Badminton became popular in China because of Yang Yang and some other guy who played during the time of Morten Frost. Typical American. Opening your mouth on a subject you know nothing about. Do everyone a favor and keep quiet next time.

Hope that XXF don't read this
    I can't imagine her feeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    That absolutely 100% pure BS. Lin Dan is HATED by most badminton players and coaches in China. Badminton players in China love Taufik, Peter Gade, and Bao Chunlai. They HATE Lin Dan. They hate what he stands for, they hate that he plays for China. They hate that his coach treats him like his little baby. Chinese players Hate Lin Dan. Other national team Chinese coaches left because of Lin Dan. They coach in Indonesia, Korea, and Malaysia. Lin Dan is hated in China.

Badminton became popular in China because of Yang Yang and some other guy who played during the time of Morten Frost. Typical American. Opening your mouth on a subject you know nothing about. Do everyone a favor and keep quiet next time.
    Wow, you sure make yourself look stupid by making a statement like this. Claiming "Lin Dan is hated by most badminton players and coaches in China" just goes to show how ignorant you are or how much hatred you have towards LD. How about backing up your claims by providing proofs instead of making a BS statement like that?

I'm a frequent visitor of the most popular Chinese badminton websites such like badmintoncn, and I follow all badminton related news in China. You can make an argument that are some badminton fans in China that dislike LD (but there are many many more who like him), but I've never heard any of Lin Dan's teammates say anything bad about about him. Quite the contrary LD's teammates and those around him or know him as a person all defended LD and claimed he's a good guy unlike the bad boy image the media likes to portrait him.

Whether LD should be considered as an ambassador for the sport is another debate (I personally think LCW is more suitable), but Lin Dan undoubtedly has contributed to the increasing popularity of badminton in China, without a question he's among the most popular athelets in China nowadays, and he's the reason why people especially the casual fans pay attention or watch this sport (at least in China).

So next time I'd suggest you better do your own homework before opening your mouth to insult others or make yourself look foolish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camon... he's just a comedian... don't take it seriously.. lmao.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was he trying to be a comedian as his name indicated? if so his attempt failed horribly, didn't find his post funny at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bestco View Post
    was he trying to be a comedian as his name indicated? if so his attempt failed horribly, didn't find his post funny at all.
    pBmMalaysia and you bother to reply to a troll, got setup. I was actually ROFLOL, oh dear. Whether people like LD as a person or not, to each his own, you cannot change a person's mindset, let's leave it that way. As a badminton fan, how can fans not acknowledge LD's achievements and I would pay to see him play esp LCW any day?
    LD is popular in CHN, as well as a fellow in this forum who name himself after him (now you can't get more popular than that) LCW is popular in MAS and to all his diehard supporters in this forum too as well as a fellow in this forum who name himself after him (now you can't get more popular than that) PG, IMO would be the ideal badminton ambassador, they may be some souls who would say nay, nada but most say good things about PG, his sportsmanship and all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ok, it's a matter of time he will get wrenched ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    pBmMalaysia and you bother to reply to a troll, got setup. I was actually ROFLOL, oh dear. Whether people like LD as a person or not, to each his own, you cannot change a person's mindset, let's leave it that way. As a badminton fan, how can fans not acknowledge LD's achievements and I would pay to see him play esp LCW any day?
    LD is popular in CHN, as well as a fellow in this forum who name himself after him (now you can't get more popular than that) LCW is popular in MAS and to all his diehard supporters in this forum too as well as a fellow in this forum who name himself after him (now you can't get more popular than that) PG, IMO would be the ideal badminton ambassador, they may be some souls who would say nay, nada but most say good things about PG, his sportsmanship and all.
    You mean LD_rules!, GeorgeChongWei or LindanTrucool (sorry forumers, might have spelt your handles wrong...anyways I think there are more LDesque handles here at BC)?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8