User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 128
  1. #103
    Regular Member Timz :]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ph
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This sure isn't the lee chong wei we were observing for the last couple of months. but w/e

  2. #104
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Having two matchmpoints and being so close with rally scoring it really comes down to chance. LCW would have been a worthy winner, but so is of course LD!! It is amazin to see these both players, being so superior to the rest och the pros! Lee chong We should look back at this from the positive aspect going into the olympics preparation.. He know He is currently at the same level as LD.. and even a slight improvement would become a major advantage to him!!
    PLs be reminded that AE is now a SS event, used to be a MAJOR, now???
    anyway, Malaysia recognise being no.2...2nd in OLYMPIC get Dato, IF world champion?? Tan Si???

  3. #105
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Konoha
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Puh-lease . Probably the one that has been debunked over and over only the blind deaf still believe ...
    Anyone here that can write TOURNAMENT in braile?

    Fr**** Tinamen. Who doesn't hardly dislike 'em ?
    I'm actually really curious now, can you let us know which match that was? For us badminton greenhorns lol

  4. #106
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think that LD is being hated that much in china. All of the Chinese i know they LOVE LD. He has so good character and always have good patience for the match. I suggest you'd better see the Chinese badminton website(中羽在線),u will know that LD still have a lot of fans in China.

    by the way, I am from Taiwan,also a fan of LD~~~

    http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/forum-81-1.html (if somebody understand Chinese,you will be welcomed in hereXD)
    Last edited by amoe1210; 08-18-2011 at 10:40 PM.

  5. #107
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Totally agree with U!!! LOL~~~somebody just can't accept LD is the BEST!

  6. #108
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    kl,malaysia
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really sympathise with LCW not because he is my compatriot for the vitriol against him comes most from fellow M'sians but he is constantly had to prove himself vis-a-vis LD. When LD came to the fore in late 2003 and became No.1 by mid 2004 nobody doubted or pour scorn on him as the fake no.1 even though Taufik won the OG. Same thing in 2005. And he was already calledsuper Dan in 2004 by CHN fans. He had to wait till 2006 to win his 1st major. Every badminton fan I know said LD was the wickest and top player in the world before he won the WC in 2006 (except INA fans who looked up to the inconsisten Taufik.).

  7. #109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amoe1210 View Post
    I don't think that LD is being hated that much in china. All of the Chinese i know they LOVE LD. He has so good character and always have good patience for the match. I suggest you'd better see the Chinese badminton website(中羽在線),u will know that LD still have a lot of fans in China.

    by the way, I am from Taiwan,also a fan of LD~~~

    http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/forum-81-1.html (if somebody understand Chinese,you will be welcomed in hereXD)

    Wow I bet you even want get married to him ya?!

    Love is emotional. If he is you hero, I can understand you think he is the best on earth.

    He has good character and always have good patience for the match? Wow...... Good luck to you!

  8. #110
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    kl,malaysia
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But the same is not said of LCW. He has proven to be the most consistent player of recent years no other player apart from LD could match his achievements and yet fans make it as though his achievement comes to not if he doesnt have WC in his bag. They dont say the same thing bout PG who have only one AE to boot more than a decade ago and a two runner up position at the majors. PG is viewed more highly then LCW!!!!. If WC is going to be the measure of a badminton top player then Lim S K and Morten Forst were fake number ones for failing to win WCs during their career.

  9. #111
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whatever you say, dude, but he is the G.O.A.T. anyway~~~

  10. #112
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,760
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ....and here I am thinking this thread is about LCW, and more, about the future of the game in Malaysia.

  11. #113
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post
    But the same is not said of LCW. He has proven to be the most consistent player of recent years no other player apart from LD could match his achievements and yet fans make it as though his achievement comes to not if he doesnt have WC in his bag. They dont say the same thing bout PG who have only one AE to boot more than a decade ago and a two runner up position at the majors. PG is viewed more highly then LCW!!!!. If WC is going to be the measure of a badminton top player then Lim S K and Morten Forst were fake number ones for failing to win WCs during their career.
    Are you sure PG is viewed more highly than LCW? Maybe by Malyasians only. I think most China fans think only LCW is in the same level as LD.

    Wached game between LCW and CJ 2008 AE, LCW is really a different player now. LD needs to work harder to get another Olympic gold.

  12. #114
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post
    But the same is not said of LCW. He has proven to be the most consistent player of recent years no other player apart from LD could match his achievements and yet fans make it as though his achievement comes to not if he doesnt have WC in his bag. They dont say the same thing bout PG who have only one AE to boot more than a decade ago and a two runner up position at the majors. PG is viewed more highly then LCW!!!!. If WC is going to be the measure of a badminton top player then Lim S K and Morten Forst were fake number ones for failing to win WCs during their career.
    Are you kidding? Anyone who knows anything about badminton would probably agree that LCW is a far better player than PG..it is really a huge gap between PG and LCW/LD levels.. Gade plays beautiful and has superb technique, net-game, tactics, and flat-play but not that agile and comparable weak in the power/attack-department. He is less agile/fast than LCW and has a weaker powergame than LD.
    Last edited by twobeer; 08-19-2011 at 05:17 PM.

  13. #115
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,623
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    Watched game between LCW and CJ 2008 AE, LCW is really a different player now. LD needs to work harder to get another Olympic gold.
    Agreed. That's why some of us refer to this as LCW v2.0... the best MS defense in the world, along with new shots in his arsenal like x-court half smash, x-court defense block of smash, better net play. The only thing that separates him from LD is now in the head: mental fortitude. Which is unfortunately not that easy to learn, in less than 1 year no less.

  14. #116
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Agreed. That's why some of us refer to this as LCW v2.0... the best MS defense in the world, along with new shots in his arsenal like x-court half smash, x-court defense block of smash, better net play. The only thing that separates him from LD is now in the head: mental fortitude. Which is unfortunately not that easy to learn, in less than 1 year no less.
    Actually the thing that separates LCW and LD is the people that surrounds them. LD is surrounded by coaches who know how to help him play his best against LCW. LCW is surrounded and hampered by people who say the wrong things to him at the wrong time. Yet LCW is able to rise above all that pressure and play fabulous badminton. So LCW actually has better mental fortitude because he has to both battle past his silly pressure camp and LD. LD always has the fortune of his best team support to battle LCW. Overall, when you watch the match, LCW displayed more riveting badminton. But like Morten Frost commented, LCW is the best player, even if he may not win the match.

  15. #117
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    China
    Posts
    216
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Are you kidding? Anyone who knows anything about badminton would probably agree that LCW is a far better player than PG..it is really a huge gap between PG and LCW/LD levels.. Gade plays beautiful and has superb technique, net-game, tactics, and flat-play but not that agile and comparable weak in the power/attack-department. He is less agile/fast than LCW and has a weaker powergame than LD.
    Peter is not agile because he is old. he is 34. he can play Masters tournaments next year. He had knee surgery a few years back as well.

    Lin Dan is Hated in China by people who understand they game. The people in China that like LD are the people that don't see Lin Dan for who he is. They don't know about the walkover or anything. They just see "China is #1." That's all they care about. they don't care who. they know his name from all the advertisements.

    I'm sure other players on the national team hate LD as well. I'm sure Bao Chunlai would have his thoughts on LD if he was given the chance to speak about them. He is hated on the circuit as well. Taufik hates him, Peter hates him. He doesn't play with respect or sportsmanship. Remember the all England this year? what did Lin Dan say about Marc Zweibler after the Semi - Final Match? Nothing positive about his opponent. no respect what so ever. I think I can remember him saying "I wanted to win in 2 sets." But Zweibler was positive and respectful towards LD. He is rude, unsportsmanlike, and is full of excuses. If he loses "oh, I drank to much cold water" or "I made to many errors." this is why no one likes him. he is cocky. Also the Chinese think he is ugly :P
    Last edited by TheComedian; 08-20-2011 at 12:35 AM.

  16. #118
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    Peter is not agile because he is old. he is 34. he can play Masters tournaments next year. He had knee surgery a few years back as well. Lin Dan is Hated in China by people who understand they game. The people in China that like LD are the people that don't see Lin Dan for who he is. They don't know about the walkover or anything. They just see "China is #1." That's all they care about. they don't care who. they know his name from all the advertisements. I'm sure other players on the national team hate LD as well. I'm sure Bao Chunlai would have his thoughts on LD if he was given the chance to speak about them. He is hated on the circuit as well. Taufik hates him, Peter hates him. He doesn't play with respect or sportsmanship. Remember the all England this year? what did Lin Dan say about Marc Zweibler after the Semi - Final Match? Nothing positive about his opponent. no respect what so ever. I think I can remember him saying "I wanted to win in 2 sets." But Zweibler was positive and respectful towards LD. He is rude, unsportsmanlike, and is full of excuses. If he loses "oh, I drank to much cold water" or "I made to many errors." this is why no one likes him. he is cocky. Also the Chinese think he is ugly :P
    Lin Dan used to have a very bad temper but he has learnt to control it throughout his years playing.

    He is strong mentally, one can't distract him easily but he's always ever ready to distract his opponent,

    by certain gesture, his skills and his speed

    This is what makes him so great when it comes to crucial points.

    All of a certain you can find him coming from behind with a huge burst of energy.

    That's his asset and such injection of pace most of the time makes most of his opponent loses confidence .

    His team mates may not like him, I think I can imagine

    but what can they say? Simply, he is better
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 08-20-2011 at 12:51 AM.

  17. #119
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,760
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here is what the thread OP wrote in the first post on this thread:

    What does Lee Chong Wei need now to enable him to win the 2012 Summer Olympics gold medal?
    My concern is more on the rest of the team.
    We can't beat Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand & Singapore players lately.
    I do not even want to think outside South East Asia.
    Have we declined to a level that we have to worry that we can't even win the bronze medal at SEA GAMES?
    It hurts to see so many things going wrong although it looks good sometimes.
    I always mentioned that we have glimpses of excellence but we are more lost and clueless most of the time.
    Any thoughts?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •