Wrenched.........

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by Wilson Chew, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Wilson Chew

Wilson Chew New Member

The misfortune chronology continues in the history of Malaysia badminton since 1992.
    A lot of effort have been put into LEE CHONG WEI.
    In fact, all effort are put and focus on him.
    Lee Chong Wei entered semi-final at the 2005 edition of BWF World Badminton Championship.
    After that, there have been 5 consecutive years of performances no better than quarter-finals.
    Datuk Misbun Sidek & Teh Seu Bock has put a lot of time and effort to groom Lee Chong Wei into a player that he is today.
    But, it is still not enough to beat Lin Dan.
    Lin Dan has the tendency of winning important titles when it matters most.
    The first is 2008 Olympics.
    The second is 2010 Asian Games.
    The third is 2011 Korean Open which is the first Super Series Premier tournament.
    The latest is the just concluded men's singles final at the BWF World Badminton Championships.
    He wants to show the world that he is still the supreme icon of the world badminton although he is married now.
    What does Lee Chong Wei need now to enable him to win the 2012 Summer Olympics gold medal?
    My concern is more on the rest of the team.
    We can't beat Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand & Singapore players lately.
    I do not even want to think outside South East Asia.
    Have we declined to a level that we have to worry that we can't even win the bronze medal at SEA GAMES?
    It hurts to see so many things going wrong although it looks good sometimes.
    I always mentioned that we have glimpses of excellence but we are more lost and clueless most of the time.
    I am sorry that I have to mention the situation in such a way.
    I am sorry that my comments have annoyed and angered some of you.
    I feel sad and bad for our players when they do not have the answer on how to overcome regional opponents.
    Heart wrenched and the agony of defeat are my feelings at the moment.
    There is no joy watching China supremacy.
    There is no joy watching Thailand, Taiwan, India, Hong Kong, Singapore and Germany or even Russia putting so many effort in producing more players that can give jitters to the rest of the world.
    Let me have some joy and let me shed the tears of victory for our Malaysian players PLEASE!!!
    Ohhhhhhh.........it is so painful........

2. Timz :]

Timz :] Regular Member

I feel so bad for LCW. I really thought he deserved to win this title.

3. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    Can't you take pride in having the no.2 player? The Malaysian attitude is a big reason players can't perform when it matters

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

The All England 2011 win Chong Wei had against Lin Dan is still a respectable achievement, at a considerably major event. It is not as if Chong Wei is a total wash out against Lin Dan.

5. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

It actually adds up to the disappointment that is felt should they lose; and of course not forgetting the amount of gloating and trash-talking when they do win. Poor Chong Wei ends up at the receiving end.

6. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    I think lcw had everything going for him, best possible draw, slow hall, had the early semi, won first close set, yet still it was Lin who dared to attack and try things and make mistakes but eventually win.

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Having two matchmpoints and being so close with rally scoring it really comes down to chance. LCW would have been a worthy winner, but so is of course LD!! It is amazin to see these both players, being so superior to the rest och the pros! Lee chong We should look back at this from the positive aspect going into the olympics preparation.. He know He is currently at the same level as LD.. and even a slight improvement would become a major advantage to him!!

#7 twobeer, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  8. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    I think Lin can be fitter and sharper back to Beijing form. I dont know if lcw can play more aggressive

9. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

"To labour you have the right, not to the fruits thereof" Bhagavad Gita

I have gone through the heart wrenching years of 82 World cup, 96 OG, 97W champ, 2003 Champ dissappointments. Each could not have been more heart breaking than the rest. LCW lost inn this WC is the worst heart beaking thing for me , Never in our badminton history had such a hero who is so committed , train so hard, so humble in his apporach so eager to learn , never give up a fight. LCW threw everthing he could muster to go for the finish line stroke by stroke point by point. If you doubt his mental frailties, this match showed he had conquered that too. In the end it is LD who won.

Then my feeling werent so bad when I remembered these words from the Bhagavad Gita. You have the right to performed your duty, worked hard at it the fruits are not yours to take. It is destiny that LD is the MASTER of the modern game.

10. Timz :]

Timz :] Regular Member

Heart breaking moment indeed. It was hard seeing LCW after the game, he looked like he was barely holding it together especially the part where he received his medal.

11. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

no worries la

LCW is still a 2 time AE champion, so at least he has some Major titles to his name, and deservedly so!

12. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    What if there was no LD, LCW would have won every majors many times. What if there is no LD and LCW, Taufik and PG would have won every MS titles for past 15 years. What if ..... :):):):)

Same as Federer. What if there was no Nadal, he would have won over 20 grand slams already.

13. damondemon

damondemon Regular Member

men of the world
    Guys, 2nd is still good in malaysian books...2nd in olympics get dato, 2nd in worlds get??? Tan sri?? Anyway, in semis LCW kissed ASTRO badge, not malaysia flag...guessed he miskissed? LCW should like LD concentrate on MAJOR events, not say and not do! Look at LD, he say he focus on MAJOR events and he DO IT!!!!
    Wish you guys see their training esp KKK, he only know how to blame training, coach....his own attitude?

14. damondemon

men of the world
    ALL ENGLAND now SUPER series event, LD dont want anymore. LD only want MAJOR events like WORLDs, OLYMPIC, ASIAN titles and gets it! LCW also say same thing and sapu all axcept u know lah!
    Well, he works hard....LCW is my best player and my BEST BEST BEST is still LD. LD etire LCW sapu lor...pray pray pray...

15. damondemon

men of the world
    Well said, LD is on ok form and LCW claimed he is in best form ever....

16. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    If Lin had not played in the 2 majors where he beat lcw, lcw would have played someone else in final and MAY have won, that is all

17. Baddyl0ver

Baddyl0ver Regular Member

If you look closely at the award ceremony after the China National Anthem when LD draws LCW closer I think LCW was wiping his tears from around his nose =\. Great match. Both are winners today =D

18. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    Oh... what a match..
    what should i say.. for me as a spectacular it's just 90 minutes of *** with badminton. Such strong atletic beautiful play remains in the memory for years..
    what about LCW.. badly guy.. i wasn't sure who I want to be a winner today.. but after 15:15 in 3rd set i was with a heart for Malaysian..
    so pity.. 2 match points..

exactly said about Federer

19. visor

visor Regular Member

It is indeed sad. LCW was very good up until the final. He had played with confidence and authority. Then he met LD, and suddenly you can sense that he lost a little bit of the mental strength. And it all culminated when he had 2 match points but couldn't switch to a higher gear to convert. .... Of course, the rest is history when LD converted on his one and only match point...... LCW is simply not as aggressive and hungry to win as much as LD. It's all in their personality, which is unchangeable, and can't be learned or taught. That is the difference between LCW and LD.

#19 visor, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  20. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    Actually when LCW beats LD we feel this immediately that he is under control and good mood. Not only strength and force.
    Today I felt only that he is playing brilliant, fast, powerful.. but I didn't see he's controling situation as a potencial winner, i didn't see he enjoy a game..