Congratulations Cai Yun / Fu Haifeng !!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by volcom, Aug 14, 2011.

1. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Yet another awesome win at World Championships!I think between all the focus and limelight being on the finals between LD and Lcw, this pair deserves immense appreciation.Wonderful display of badminton throughout the tournament and showed all the doubters that thought they were going downhill with age and their fitness is not good anymore, that they were wrong.

It shows the difference between greats and the good, as they recharged themselves after ebing defeated by the youg lyd/jjs something like in 6 consecutive matchups. Now they've comeback strongly and showed their dominance as one of the best pairs in the world!To be so motivated and determined after so long is commendable, especially CY to keep his fitness levels so high being already in his 30's (usually considered over the hill in china) deserves mighty applause!!

2. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Going downhill? :confused: When did this happen? :confused: They are always the top pair to beat. ;) :D

3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Like I said, people were saying that after they lost like 5-6 matches against LYD/JJS after wc2010

4. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

hope they win the olympic gold.

5. miss.boon

miss.boon Regular Member

indeed these pair had improved tremendously, unlike the malaysian kkk-tbh.
    they've varied their tactics and strengths where in the past, fu was the power smasher while cai was the playmaker but now fu can defend like the great wall of china and cai rains down deadly smashes consistently.

but let's expect to see great rivalry btwn them and the korean lee-jung.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

A very well deserved title for them.. They showed that why they are the BEST men's doubles pair in the world..! CONGRATS TO CAI FU

7. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

They only lack of one title in their bag, the OG! I believe they can do win it next year!

8. XiaoQi

XiaoQi Regular Member

And one more.. if they are planning to stay and play after olympics 2012... the Asian Games Gold Medal (individual event)

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Nope I want MK/HS to win the gold. It is time for FHF/CY to bow down.

10. indrg

indrg Regular Member

MK/HS defeated them in their own backyard in GuangZhou Asian Games 2010. I do believe MK will recover stronger and MK/HS will crush them in the final if they haven't lost to JJS/LYD first.

11. ycsia

ycsia Regular Member

mk/hs defeated them in beijing 2008 olympic game not in guangzhou asia games, in 2010 guangzhou they defeated by jjs /lyd of korean,
    after 2008 olympic they never lose to mk and hs. pls check carefully before pose

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i'm coming to a conclusion that FYF/CY is getting to a state that similar to LD in single, head and shoulder above the rest of the field.
    during the warming up FYF is practising net shots and CY smashing at the back, and doing that more and more often during play as well. they are getting closer and closer to the legend Korean pair Park Joo Pong and Kim Moon Soo with seamless rotation front and back, left and right. a holy grail for doubles play.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well this is the way to form a world champion. it used to be that CY was weak in attack (but awesome at the net), while FHF was weak in defense (and awesome at attack). now after a year or two, they went back home worked on their weakness and worked on their strength, now CY attack is so obviously better than before and FHF defense and mid court is also so obviously better than before. what the result is a much more balanced pair where both partners are almost equal in strength in all department so they can seamlessly rotate when needs be and thus exposes even fewer weaknesses to their opponent.

excuses they might have given before, i am not sure, but the important part is that they (along with the coaching staff) worked on it. and now they are a much stronger pair and we will have to look forward to, and their opponent will have to fear their performance next year in London.

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Ok I had a slip on the venue but both my points were true. They lost in their own backyard in 2008 and they lost to JJS/LYD before getting the chance to meet MK/HS in 2010 GuangZhou. MK/HS were gold medalists in GuangZhou defeating KKK/TBH.

15. Flyingshuttle

Flyingshuttle New Member

Awesome win for Caiyun/Fu Hai Feng !! Dramatic and entertaining. C7/F9 Kason rackets are worth considering...:rolleyes:

16. xenoy09

xenoy09 Regular Member

yup.. final was still ok.. semi was more exciting!!
    their performance has really improved.. credits to their racquets too.

17. staples

staples Regular Member

Very impressive win! They are indeed the world's #1 pair in men's doubles. It would have been nice to see all the medalists for a group picture after hearing China's national anthem. Of course Cai/Fu are not obligated to offer that photo opportunity right? :)

18. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

You mean "again"?? Hahaha...

19. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Firstly congrats to CY/FHF they played well in the most important matches. I can only wonder what would happen if HS/MK did not pull out. I think it's a 3 way battle between CY, HS and LYD I regard them as the current best frontmen. And in that sense I believe whoever win the net will win the match, of course given that the bombers (FHF, MK and JJS) perform as normally. I'm not too sure about their H2H scores but it looks like HS/MK found it hard to beat CY/FHF compare to LYD/JJS, whereas LYD/JJS have the upper hand when they meet CY/FHF but found it hard to beat HS/MK do you share the same opinion? Maybe I'm wrong

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

here are some stat for the top 3;

Fu Haifeng/ Cai Yun Vs Jung Jae Sung/ Lee Yong Dae

Overall 8-7
    2011 2-1
    2010 1-3
    2009 2-1
    2008 0-1

Fu Haifeng/ Cai Yun Vs Markis Kido/ Hendra Setiawan

Overall 6-3
    2011 1-0