Entry List Li Ning China Master SS 2011

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei GP Gold / China Masters 2011' started by rosid, Aug 15, 2011.

1. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
  2. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    For a super series level, it seems that this event is "less" interesting based on the quantity of players... IMO.
    May it be downgrade to lower level? Just wonder..

3. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Ina representatives :

Vita/Nadya
    Nova/Vita
    Rizky/Richi
    Irfan/Weni
    Taufik Hidayat

Full team in MD :
    Kido/Hendra
    Bona/Ahsan
    Hendra AG/Alvent
    Ryan/Angga

No rep in WS

4. mr.bulutangkis

mr.bulutangkis Regular Member

Tontowi/Liliyana will miss this tournament.
    So, will the probability for next meeting of Tontowi/Liliyana vs ZN/ZYL in JPN SS? or even Denmark SSP

wish Tontowi/Liliyana can finish as champion of TPE GPG to boost their ranking back to #2

There will not be Fran/Pia and Rijal/Debby also here.
    Fran/Pia need more tournaments to enter world top 8

5. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    tao jiaming will play md with zhang nan. anyone know why ?
    are 4 not enough to them ?

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    ?? What do you mean, low level? All current world champions are in the draw? What is your definition of high level? It may just be that some players are to chicken to challenge the best badminton players on their home turf :)

7. green_day

green_day Regular Member

Quantity or quality? For MS, the top players are all there - Lin Dan, LCW, Taufik, and Peter Gade.

Besides, if the top Chinese players are there, then you are watching the best players in the world.

8. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    I'm sorry if my words are not understandable.
    what I mean is, for a "Super Series" event like China Master, should be many players come to this tournament, like All England, such that there are many though qualifying matches. Just like any other super series.
    Here, in this Super Series, the WD entries are "only" 24, and other diciplines, except MS, are under 35.
    So, there is no reserve list on almost diciplines.
    and because of that, I just wonder, is the China Master Super Series less interesting for players around the world to come?

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It may be several reasons, timing, schedule, and of course, some may say that the sponsor (Yonex) of many mid-level pros may not encourage participation on "comptetitors" sponsored events from the likes of Victor, Li-Ning etc. as well for the players they do not feel have a realistic chance of doing well. Let's hope this is not a trend so Korea China etc. only send a few players to Yonex prestige events like Japan Open etc.

But it may of course also be so simple that they feel the competition will be to tough, loosing in qualificatin against an unknown Chineese talent not yet on the international scene may not be appealing for many european pros for example..

10. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    As usual not many players who are sent by PBSI.
    For Fran/Pia and Rijal/Debby, i agree with you. They need more tournaments beside to enter world top rank,and for giving their experience in highly tournament too.

11. GoodMorning

GoodMorning Regular Member

Hydraulics & Industrial Trading Supply
    Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and this is my first post starting today.

Badminton has always been one of my favorite feather sports as it is fast pace and have to make quick decisions on each critical point.

For this Li-Ning Super Series would be more for the upcoming Chinese Players and from other countries such as Indonesia, Korea, Japan, Malaysia to gain experience and exposure.

China is the dominant in this sports for many years @@" and a very tough nut to crack.

12. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

I think the comments in the last paragraph of "twobeer"'s post are convincing.... Europeans would not be interested to enter competitions that far away yet just be there to lose to unknown Chinese players in the qualification rounds....

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I'm glad that LCW decided to skip this/...

14. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Looks like the competition is well attended to me with most if the top players there.Two British pairs in the mixed doubles as well :eek:)

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Is it confirmed Lee C W pulling out? Why?

17. event

event Regular Member

That's a good point, especially for second-tier players, who are more likely to get caught in the qualification rounds. I don't know whether the sponsorship has much of a negative effect but there are certainly cases where players you might not have expected have shown up for events sponsored by their equipment sponsor so there certainly are positive effects. Apparently that used to be the reason for the Japan Open's popularity, back when so many top players and teams were sponsored by Yonex. Ironically, last year, the China Masters had the largest Korean contingent of any international tournament apart from the Korea Open but that was because of a visit by the entire national team to Victor's headquarters in nearby Suzhou the week before. That won't happen this year with Taipei and a domestic tournament right before Changzhou.

The past few years, both Japan and the China Masters have been suffering from their place on the calendar, right after either the Worlds or the Olympics. This year, braving China will be a requirement for the top players in November since the Premier SS events have compulsory attendance so none of the top 10 are going to choose this one over the China Open and they'll either play both or just the latter.

18. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Are you sure? I do not see LCW in the drawing sheet of this tournament.

19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

LCW is chickened out by LD. He does not want to get beaten again in such short time since World Championship in England. To be playing in China of all places right after is nerve racking for him.

20. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

no, its just strategic :D