User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep a baking tray in my bag for this. don't you?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

you guys have such cheap trays.

my tray is made of the best quality Japanese carbon fiber you can find the market and laced with the best nylon filament wounded together into a strong tubular structure. it is also stealthy and does not require me to walk anywhere else to pick it up.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's because you get your trays mostly free.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    That's because you get your trays mostly free.
    free lunch don't come with my trays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't scoop up shuttles for some reason (i know it's really sad XD) so i usually just throw it or just hit it back in their general direction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vixter View Post
    Usually im very angry after losing a point and then i tend to walk around with the shuttle in my hand for a while. when opponent starts looking at me or talking to me, i accept i must pass the shuttle so then i hit it as long as i can in the direction of the servive box where opponent NOT have to serve next, so that he must walk a longer distance to pick it up. gives me more time to calm down and think positive again.
    You should do some Anti-Aggression Training. Can't believe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    What would mean the opposite? sorry i tried to make it as simple as possible.
    you used excepted where i think you meant accepted. 'accepted etiquette in pro badminton' would mean its ok for pros. 'excepted etiquette in pro badminton' means the behaviour is excluded/not allowed in pro badminton. hence i apologized for being a grammar nazi because i knew what you meant anyway.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaggedCat View Post
    you used excepted where i think you meant accepted. 'accepted etiquette in pro badminton' would mean its ok for pros. 'excepted etiquette in pro badminton' means the behaviour is excluded/not allowed in pro badminton. hence i apologized for being a grammar nazi because i knew what you meant anyway.
    ahh! when you said grammar i was totally looking for a grammatical error and missed that crazy spelling mistake. lol

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dread97 View Post
    I can't scoop up shuttles for some reason (i know it's really sad XD) so i usually just throw it or just hit it back in their general direction
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zls0natZqFM

here you go, save you bending down for it all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zls0natZqFM

here you go, save you bending down for it all the time.
    thats why pros just flick it to the T, so the opponent has to bend down and scoop it, wear down their stamina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In doubles I scoop it off the floor then launch towards the centre of the opponents court. That's a more recent habit for me I've forced myself to adopt. I used to send it to the side of the court the opponent was due to serve from...except I used to forget to add the last point to the score so would regulary send it to the wrong side...not..very...classy .

In singles I scoop it and send it directly to the opponent.

As for my partner, I scoop and flick it to them... with varying degrees of accuracy

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dingboy View Post
    This a rather interesting topic .....

For opponents:

- If i'm retrieving the shuttle from the mid or rear court, i'll scoop it up and hit it back to their court in a 'friendly' manner.
    - If from the mid to front court, it's either a scoop and hit .... or an under-net flick back to their side, also in a 'friendly' manner.

Why do i say 'friendly manner'? ..... from my experience, people who return the shuttle in a less-than 'friendly' manner, are normally a poor sport or sore loser ! ..... so i try my best not to give others the same impression either.
    (eg; excessivley hard flick under the net, or excessivley hard hit over the net)

For partners:

- Definitely aim + scoop up to them, or a scoop + light hit back to him/her.
    I dont normally return it to them with my racket aka 'Tray style' ..... just a habit i guess.
    i agree, the poor sport issue is very obvious, in that case, i see that whatever i or my partner is doing is getting under their skin, which is a motivation and indication for me to continue on the same course of action. but i would still scoop it up and flick it to them, and i do the same with my partner. i hate having the shuttle "served" to me on the stringbed so i don't do it, even if my partner is right there i'll still light flick it or i just toss it lightly with the non racket hand.

i've once played with a partner who actually used his racket to guide me onto the correct side to serve before every serve. i got so annoyed that i told him to stop touching and he stopped.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i agree, the poor sport issue is very obvious, in that case, i see that whatever i or my partner is doing is getting under their skin, which is a motivation and indication for me to continue on the same course of action. but i would still scoop it up and flick it to them, and i do the same with my partner. i hate having the shuttle "served" to me on the stringbed so i don't do it, even if my partner is right there i'll still light flick it or i just toss it lightly with the non racket hand.

i've once played with a partner who actually used his racket to guide me onto the correct side to serve before every serve. i got so annoyed that i told him to stop touching and he stopped.
    that annoys me too. some people treat their racket as a extension of their hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thumpsky View Post
    that annoys me too. some people treat their racket as a extension of their hand.
    Isn't it how it's supposed to be?

If I'm close to my partner, then I'll serve the birdie. If the distance is far, then I'll just flick it. Sometimes when I can't scoop it for some reason after couple trials, I'll just pick and hand/toss it.
    Oh, and even when it's under the net, I'll try to fight to scoop the birdie and then flick it back to the opponent...
    Last edited by kaki!; 02-15-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaki! View Post

If I'm close to my partner, then I'll serve the birdie. If the distance is far, then I'll just flick it. Sometimes when I can't scoop it for some reason after couple trials, I'll just pick and hand/toss it.
    Oh, and even when it's under the net, I'll try to fight to scoop the birdie and then flick it back to the opponent...
    I was replying to the last paragraph, talking about people who will push you with their racket instead of opening their mouth.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaki! View Post

I was replying to the last paragraph, talking about people who will push you with their racket instead of opening their mouth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post

Why do you possibly hate the shuttle served to you? If you get the shuttle flicked to you, you will have to make effort to catch it or pick it up again. If Im given the shuttle by hand or on the racket, thats the nicest for me when Im about to serve, i think.
    Last edited by vixter; 02-16-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast