User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink What are your combos?

I thought some older players would have some favorite or reliable ways to pressure the opponent or win the point.

Mine is: If they are close, clear to a corner, if they don't do a good clear back, dropshot to opposite corner(falling parallel with net if possible) and spike/smash the return.

Of course, hitting depending on their racket and feet position is best but having combos would help the mentality I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when meeting a completely new opponent regardless of their skill, i prefer the "rule of thumb" : 2 high lob, 1 drop shot
    that combo is a good way to observe your opponent behavior (aggressiveness, shoot quality, and weakspot)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, something I've seen pros do and works well if you have a strong clear is to just clear back and forth between each other until the opponent either does a bad clear (then you smash) or they get lazy and stay back (then you dropshot).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by little View Post
    Also, something I've seen pros do and works well if you have a strong clear is to just clear back and forth between each other until the opponent either does a bad clear (then you smash) or they get lazy and stay back (then you dropshot).
    yeah.. just like lin dan did to chong wei when they fought at the WBC final days ago..
    i dont know how many they clear each other.. both of them always clear it right, not short but not long from the baseline also.. until suddenly lin dan simply do a dropshot (chongwei get lazy and stayback, expecting a clear again but also ready to receive a fullpower smash~not a dropshot )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There should not be any combos because there are too many ways the return to your shot could be. Just see what is the return shot n improvise accordingly w/ one principle, to pressurize your opponent into making mistakes or weak returns you can kill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Berg View Post
    yeah.. just like lin dan did to chong wei when they fought at the WBC final days ago..
    i dont know how many they clear each other.. both of them always clear it right, not short but not long from the baseline also.. until suddenly lin dan simply do a dropshot (chongwei get lazy and stayback, expecting a clear again but also ready to receive a fullpower smash~not a dropshot )
    i've seen that too. and yeah, that was a witty move by lin dan..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straight drop down the left line. Flick to the back hand. await soft clear, cross court smash.