User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Imogen Bankier!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mundane View Post
    There is a guy the same age as her called Watson Briggs. They played together at junior level. Not sure why he doesn't play professionally but from what I can gather he's good enough. With the Commonwealth games being held in Scotland in 2014 it's possible they will pair up again. Either that or it'll be her and scabby Blair. There are also some younger doubles players coming up. Paul Van rietvelde could partner her also. Both Watson and Paul played in the previous commonwealth games for Scotland.

Think Imogen and Watson won the Scottish Nationals together this year actually.
    Copied over:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    Players from 2 different countries can still play together, except that they cannot play as a pair to represent a country (eg. England). Anyway, my thought is there are only a handful of major tournaments (eg. Olympics, Commonwealth game, Uber, Thomas) that Chris/Bankier can't play (if UK & Scotland becomes "independent"). But that is 2-3 years down the road.
    If Chris/Bankier are together, they can still make a bigger impression in many SS & PSS, and I guess the money is better too.
    I guess Bankier has other "factors" impacting her to make the decision now (after Olympics 2012).
    Wishing her all the best. I think Scotland do have a few promising man and woman that can pair up with her (Robert Blair & Kirsty Gilmour ???)
    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Should be continued here : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/101517-Imogen-Bankier!?p=1994700#post1994700

Blair would be a short term solution being on the wrong side of 30 already. Briggs mentioned in the other thread was the obvious choice for me as well, provided he still aims to be an international player. And seeing as he regularly plays in the German league he might be ...(Obviously?) she just didn't feel at home at Milton Keynes and only stuck around for the Olympics or found the atmosphere too lackadaisical or didn't like the new coach's approach.
    FOr the glory of Scotland she could have paired up with Van Rietvelde who is in the MK setup so can now be crossed of the potentials list. Don't think the coaches would split up the Adcock/Bankier combo anyway as their focus should be on Rio.
    Last edited by demolidor; 11-04-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just read a news on Facebook, Imogen is said to have signed with french club BC Chambly for the coming season. I think it's not the first time she'll play in the french league, as she had played in Aulnay some time ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bankier and her WD partner Nedelcheva have been winning fairly comfortably on the European circuit lately.

They hope to get their ranking into the top 30 so they can play super series events (currently 51 but should go up again soon).

Feel a bit sorry for Imogen as she's clearly good enough to compete in super series.

Recent results - http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/pr...E-60CEA982D5FB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3