What mistake did LCW or BAM make to lose in this WC?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by extremenanopowe, Aug 17, 2011.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Well, you have a chance now to voice out your frustrations. I am sure some of the points will be valid and hope to help them to remind (to prepare or to avoid) them for the coming OG12. It will be a checklist for them. ;)

1) MacDonalds?
    2) Too many keh poh telling him to win. can win? can win?
    3) Thinking that he is the favourite? He should be thinking as an underdog. ;)
    4) what else.... get rid of the coach who is quietly sitting down there? etc etc... ;)

2. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

LCW or BAM did not loose this WC, they got beaten. LD won the WC because he was the better player. For what ever reason, LD has got LCW's number. I don't know how anybody could look at their match history and think that LCW was the favourite.

3. extremenanopowe

That is why it was a mistake to think so. Any other suggestions to make it even a 'faint' possibility that he will make it??? ;)

Many just know how to hack him or BAM. ;)

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    To be honest, I think the title of this thread is ridiculous considering the very high standard of the match.

5. extremenanopowe

You want to delete it? ;)

1) LCW must wash his hands before playing. (Some are ritual. eg footballers only wears left socks first. like mark hughes). lol.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am with Cheung here.

maybe some fans are over reacting, but to be honest, up till 22-21 i still wasn't sure if LD or LCW was going to win.

now, if you talk about the KKK/TBH vs. Ko/Yoo match, then it would be more appropriate.

7. extremenanopowe

well, for some who are more critical, they will see every single bit of small thing can affect a game. Some readers may not realise it. I guess you can say this for KKK/TBH as well. Am sure some readers will be able to get some of the suggestions made by people. ;)

It's just like some bosses who want to be political and find reasons to fire their staff to cut cost. lol. ;)

Some people have strict rules before a big events. Some call it superstition on 7th ghost months etc. Those believe in ghost will say, if you haven't seen one, you will never believe it. Let's just share it. ;)

Oh, some are called 'perfectionist'. Slave drivers. Some are hard coaches and some are more relaxed. Not a single mistake. ;) Am sure like LYB, MS or TSB or MF have different approaches before a game. ;)

#7 extremenanopowe, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  8. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Darn, I completely agree with two mods here........ I guess I'll logout go outside and wait for the asteriod.

9. extremenanopowe

Some are pretty bored and can't catch up. Change the title if you have an idea or knows where the point is trying to get to. ;)

Other people can also say your thread is 'ridiculous'. Open world. ;)

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

It would be better to embellish your thread with more realistic opinion. If you think LCW was so bad, then it would have been better to state it before the tournament.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Oh definitely would not delete this one. But I do think it's a thread that is short of substance from the 1st post.

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

It’s not mistake but just how the two great players reacted under pressure. The match was very tensed from start to finish. As the finish post getting closer, after the final mid-game break with the score from 13-16 to 16-16 their body languages shown that LCW was affected more.

From that moment on LCW reverted back to his natural and trusted way of play, i.e. defence and tried to return everything thrown at him and waiting and hoping for the errors from the other side. Lin Dan at the same time also back to his old way, attack, attack and attack more.

So, the mistake, if there ever was one is at the later stage of the game LCW let LD dictated the rallies and being passive near the end.

13. extremenanopowe

Personally I don't think he is bad.

We as a human can normally talk or yack the 'after' effect thingy. But normally at the highest level, I am sure some good coaches or team will have a todo list. Being a coach myself, I also have a todo list before, during and after. And I will be surprise if they don't have it. So, this is just to share with the readers. ;)

Just like an airline pilot I know. They do have a checklist before moving to a plane and report to the operations centre, before ascending, descending and after landing a flight. U can imagine the stringent process (of course we are talking about peoples lives here). Sounds like a bad ISO thingy. lol ;)

I think like the Dr Terry Orlick - 'In pursuit of excellence' book is a good reference. ;)

#13 extremenanopowe, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Here are the mistakes: bad vibes from the presence of NCC and Bata James. They must be banned from OG12! The PM Najib s silly, high pressure call before the match. The wife must confiscate his mobile or tape his mouth on the eve of the final! LCW not personally doing enough comprehensive video homework on LD. CHN coaches have done such intensive homework on LCW that they realize the only weakness LCW has is deep forehand misjudgment. How many times have CHN MS played deep forehands to LCW and he just let those shots drop in?

15. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

i personnally...LCW lost on mental strength...

he needs to improve that....

16. extremenanopowe

Good analysis. Anymore? Remember, every bit of information helps. Nothing is stupid or ridiculous. ;) He will thank you 'if' he can win it. Lots of people are reading this. ;)

17. flite

flite Regular Member

There is no mistake made by LCW instead we should be proud and thankful to him for all the glories he brought to the country. True, he has his weaknesses just like anyone else but mind you it only showed when he were up against the player deemed by many as the greatest ever.

His time will come if he continue to work on it and this i strongly believe in.

For BAM yes!!.. and its not something new to us. All they needed to do is to read carefully what Han Jian had said on the interview given to the Chinese press people about the system China has and take heart to it. Implement, implement and implement.

CBA and Han Jian to me are the best module to imitate and to listen to. Simply because they (CBA) have shown the world over that they are doing it right by producing countless champions over many decades and Han Jian himself being a product of CBA itself who has won a WC, multiple TC winner and many more.

Besides, he was also one of the coaches that coached the TC92' winning squad and is residing in Malaysia since so he knows about Malaysia and BAM in particular. As far as top flight badminton is concern, this man has seen the both sides of the coin.

Most importantly, these kind of coaches knew exactly what their charges needs to do especially at those crucial moments of the Majors because they had been there, done that and seen it all. It COULD be different though if we got a few heads of this calibre.

So all BAM needed is to listen to the minds of established people and become a copycat.

#17 flite, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  18. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    Agree with flite.
    But I doubt Han Jian would ever want to be back working with BAM again.

19. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    What mistake did LCW or BAM make to lose in this WC?

N O T H I N G :D

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

5. He forgot to drink water from the kangen machine..:cool: