User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Different types of the same racket

    I recently tried my friends z slashes, and they feel completely different. They bought them both from the same shop Southport Sports or something and have the same strings! The only difference i can think of was the grip. Anyone know why?? I dont think either of them are fake but the little tags like "CS Carbon Nanotube" are wearing off on one of em.

  2. #2
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,241
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindanftw View Post
    I recently tried my friends z slashes, and they feel completely different. They bought them both from the same shop Southport Sports or something and have the same strings! The only difference i can think of was the grip. Anyone know why?? I dont think either of them are fake but the little tags like "CS Carbon Nanotube" are wearing off on one of em.
    You have to look at the Serial Number and Cone Code on the side of the racket
    to know if it is fake or not

  3. #3
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,684
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Different specifications: weight, grip size and racket tension

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindanftw View Post
    I recently tried my friends z slashes, and they feel completely different. They bought them both from the same shop Southport Sports or something and have the same strings! The only difference i can think of was the grip. Anyone know why?? I dont think either of them are fake but the little tags like "CS Carbon Nanotube" are wearing off on one of em.
    .
    Each brand of manufacturers make different series of rackets. Within each series manufactured, there are different models. And within each model manufactured, there are different specifications: weight, grip size and racket tension.

    Click on this link located at;

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...dminton-racket
    .

  4. #4
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,241
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Each brand of manufacturers make different series of rackets. Within each series manufactured, there are different models. And within each model manufactured, there are different specifications: weight, grip size and racket tension.

    Click on this link located at;


    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...dminton-racket
    .
    But you also have to look at the Serial and Cone code

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks guys but do you think theyre different because of the place they were made in maybe?

  6. #6
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,241
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can you ask your friends if you can look at their rackets and write down the number on the side
    e.g.
    xxxxxxJP = this is made in Japan
    xxxxxxSP = this is made in South Pacific
    xxxxxxUK = United Kingdom

    ^ this are where the racket are bought

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Isnt it where the racket was made? They bought them in the same shop.

  8. #8
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,750
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Each brand of manufacturers make different series of rackets. Within each series manufactured, there are different models. And within each model manufactured, there are different specifications: weight, grip size and racket tension.

    Click on this link located at;

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...dminton-racket
    .
    But the UK typically only imports a single weight and gripsize. So these Arc Z-Slashes should be the same (if UK coded) ...

  9. #9
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,750
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindanftw View Post
    Isnt it where the racket was made? They bought them in the same shop.
    That's where they should be sold (not made; All Z-Slashes are made in Japan). The grip could make difference yes if one has a much fatter grip than the other ... (and the string tension if not factory strung)

  10. #10
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,684
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Arc Z-Slashes should be the same (if UK coded)

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    But the UK typically only imports a single weight and gripsize. So these Arc Z-Slashes should be the same (if UK coded) ...
    .
    I am surprised that the UK typically only imports a single weight and grip size.
    .

  11. #11
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,750
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    I am surprised that the UK typically only imports a single weight and grip size.
    .
    http://www.yonex.co.uk/Badminton/Pro...spx?ProdID=689

    It's quite common in Europe actually. Maybe it's a certain volume of each weight/gripsize combo they have to import that limits having a big variety ... Thank god for the internet

    http://www.yonex.co.uk/Badminton/Pro...spx?ProdID=418

    3UG3 Arc9's! Good luck ladies ... even here they had the common sense to import (3U)G4.
    Last edited by demolidor; 12-05-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Besides the VF series,what other types
    By smellybeans in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 5
    : 11-22-2006, 05:19 AM
  2. Types of Grommets
    By david14700 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 9
    : 05-11-2006, 05:44 AM
  3. types of players
    By checkthemc in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 8
    : 04-10-2006, 08:47 AM
  4. Different Types of Drills
    By wildstyler in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 03-02-2003, 06:48 PM
  5. 2 Types of Cab
    By Byro-Nenium in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 3
    : 01-17-2002, 08:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •